• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to search for truth when there are *so many* belief systems

roger1440

I do stuff
"Which one is not just a bunch of myths, but is historically factual, and which one(s)' portrayal of reality is commensurate with the way reality really is?"

If anyone knew the answer to that and could back up the claim of which
religion was true we'd likely be following that particular religion.
Most all religions and denominations within those religions can and are
challenged by the believers in other religions.
We are right is the cry, or W.A.R. or WAR.
Belief in a particular renders down to faith.
Faith is something that can neither be proven nor dis-proven.
What religion has documented evidence that lends one to believe that religion
has some bases in facts?
Well....

Is the existence of Jesus historically proven?

In 90A.D. the Jewish historian Flavium Josephus, in his work entitled Antiquities (Book 18, Chapter 3 Para. 3), reported on the historical existence of Jesus as follows:
"Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as received the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was the Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him: for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him."

Other sources besides the Bible testify to the life of Jesus. For example Tacitus, the Roman historian, Suetonius, the Roman court official under the Emperor Hadrian, and Pliny the Younger, the Roman governor of Bithnia in Asia Minor.

So it's reasonable to conclude then that Jesus did exist.

Other than that I can't say.
Not one of the people you had mentioned were an eyewitness.

Torah4Yah

Ok first some information YHWH (Yahowah) is not religious, not political, not patriotic, did not teach faith and grace. Paul of the NT (New Testament) taught faith and grace. YHWH said I will not split my covenant OT (Old Testament) / NT (New Testament) is a split keep this in mind.
Some history
The story of the Tower of Babel
We all spoke one language the language was split into all the languages that we have today at that location Nimrod Noah's grandson built this city it and it was against God Nimrod brought the pagan beliefs back. This was a religious place when the language was split the people found others that spoke the same and went there ways taking there Babylonian beliefs with them. All religions of old origin can be linked together with the trinity and other things it's just different ways of telling the same story Nimrod Semiramis and Tammuz are the same people as IHS from Catholics, they got it from Egypt IHS = Isis Horus Set =Kronos Zeus Apollo from the Greeks and so on and so on.
Why do people believe what they believe? Well if you grow up in America you are most likely going to be Christian, if you are born in India what are you going to be? Get my point?

Betting on what to believe
When you read pure truth all bets are off lol
You will know that you have heard truth. Whether you listen or reject is up to you.

The biggest problem with most of what people have access to is everywhere you turn everything is corrupt. And why would someone do that? Control, money , hatred of God , stupidity.

What does it mean to hold wrong or correct beliefs?

Well do you want to go to heaven, do you want to cease to exist, do you want to be incarcerated with satan for eternity?

Those are the choices, the up or down choice is a lie to inspire fear. Can you love a God that would punish you forever because some guy in a church lied to you and you thought you had turned to what you thought was the right place?

The most dangerous religion in the world is Christianity for one reason the most dangerous lie is a half truth a full blown lie is easy to detect.

Everything everyone hates about God because of Christianity fades away when you know what he really said.

Example
YHWH said I prefer mercy not sacrifice.
But you say what about Abraham and his son Isaac? Well the story of Abraham being told to sacrifice his son didn't happen.

Abraham was asked to go to the mountain because YHWY requested to speak with him. When he turn the ram was in caught in the bushes meaning YHWH would provide the lamb.

What happen with the sacrifice was this the people kept insisting on sacrifice so YHWH said if you are going to do it do it like this. That is what happened.

And there is so much more to understand.

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
View attachment 13413 If you are looking for the truth it can't be found in the bible. It isn't taught in any church. Faith and grace are not what YHWH (Yahowah) taught. YHWH taught know what he said and trust in it. Know and trust is diametrically different. I have two friends that are on a team that has been translating the dss (Dead Sea scrolls) the Qumran scrolls the oldest extant text we have today found in the 1940's if you want to know the truth it is in this text I have 75% of these scrolls translated in the way God intended his words to be understood. I can email you the files if you like and give you a link to a 3000 page book explaining how they did the translation what they used and why. The bible any way you pick it apart originates from the masoretic text a already corrupted writing. I put an image of a verse as an example of how different the bible reads verses the truth
Bara doesn't mean to cut off, it means to create. Its distinguished from yatzar which is used to refer to something formed from something else, while bara implies creation from nothing. As in, In the begining, G-d created (bara) the heavens and the earth.

Aren't you tired of being lied to?

Torah4Yah

Bara doesn't mean to cut off, it means to create. Its distinguished from yatzar which is used to refer to something formed from something else, while bara implies creation from nothing. As in, In the begining, G-d created (bara) the heavens and the earth.

Aren't you tired of being lied to?
Hi... I will call and bring it to there attention and see what they have to say about it. And they will correct it once it goes before the team of translators. It may have been missed or over looked but thank you!

Tumah

Veteran Member
Hi... I will call and bring it to there attention and see what they have to say about it. And they will correct it once it goes before the team of translators. It may have been missed or over looked but thank you!
And there is so much more to understand.

Torah4Yah

Ultimately, of course, that is for you to answer. Still, if I may, there are some questions that I think are worth addressing:

- Consider the likely implications of that diversity of beliefs. Can it even make sense that people have to "bet" on the "right" belief?

- What does it mean to hold wrong or correct religious beliefs?

- What, if anything, can or should be done to validate or improve one's religious stances?
Hi my post was deleted and it said something about proper use of quotes can you explain a little you me so I don't run into this ?

rusra02

Premium Member
Hi all!

So glad we have this forum where I could ask this.

I was raised religious, but came to realize in adolescence that other children are raised in other faiths / belief systems , and the fact that I was handed down my tradition doesn't automatically mean it's true.

So I want to know which religion / belief system / world-view is true, if any. My natural instinct is to look into the various belief systems in the world. But Wikipedia tells me there are more than 4,000 religions in the world! And I'm guessing that doesn't necessarily include the non-theistic belief systems.

Just to clarify what I mean by "true"... I think that all world-views have truth in them - eg all religions properly practiced can give a person peace and harmony with others and happiness. But which one or ones, if any, are historically and ontologically correct. Which one is not just a bunch of myths, but is historically factual, and which one(s)' portrayal of reality is commensurate with the way reality really is?

To go through the more than 4000 systems seems very daunting, and yet, how else?

So my question is - how to approach all this, and how to proceed?

(and if ultimately the truth is inaccessible to me, I'd like to at least get the best understanding of reality that I can).

Thanks!

I think our only hope to know the truth is that the true God chooses to reveal this truth to us. And I believe the true religion should teach us about the true God. So, a necessary first step in searching for the truth is to determine who that true God is; the God who created the heavens and earth. This eliminates many so-called gods who do not claim to be the creator or whose claim is obviously myth. The Bible challenges the worshippers of false gods to prove their gods are not false by accurately foretelling the future. "Remember the former things of long ago,That I am God, and there is no other. I am God, and there is no one like me. From the beginning I foretell the outcome,And from long ago the things that have not yet been done. I say, ‘My decision will stand,And I will do whatever I please." (Isaiah 46:9,10) Once we identify the true God, our search for truth depends on the true God revealing the truth about himself to us, and upon our sincerity in searching for and accepting the truth. Happily, I believe God's "will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth." (1 Timothy 2:4)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You could start by reflecting what it is that you want and expect from a spiritual path.

Doesn't this really just spell out the nuts and bolts of the problem? Does finding the true faith have anything to do with what "you" (we) want and "expect from a spiritual path"?
"What's in it for me" seems to be a very shallow method of choice.

Finding the true God and bringing our lives into harmony with what "HE" wants is the key to genuine peace and happiness. If he is the reason for our existence, then we owe him everything, including our loyalty and obedience. Relying on our own flawed judgment has got us into nothing but a big confused mess.

If God is the all-powerful and all-wise Creator, then nothing he asks of us should lead to a bad outcome. Instead of judging everything selfishly, why not judge from the perspective of the Creator and ask what "HE" wants and expects from us? Where is he leading us and why is he allowing the situation we see today? There are countless spiritual roads that we can choose to travel, but where do they lead? What does our chosen path teach us about ourselves and what we seek? Perhaps "the road less traveled" is the right one?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hi all!

I was raised religious, but came to realize in adolescence that other children are raised in other faiths / belief systems , and the fact that I was handed down my tradition doesn't automatically mean it's true.

So I want to know which religion / belief system / world-view is true, if any. My natural instinct is to look into the various belief systems in the world. But Wikipedia tells me there are more than 4,000 religions in the world! And I'm guessing that doesn't necessarily include the non-theistic belief systems.

Just to clarify what I mean by "true"... I think that all world-views have truth in them - eg all religions properly practiced can give a person peace and harmony with others and happiness. But which one or ones, if any, are historically and ontologically correct. Which one is not just a bunch of myths, but is historically factual, and which one(s)' portrayal of reality is commensurate with the way reality really is?

To go through the more than 4000 systems seems very daunting, and yet, how else?

(and if ultimately the truth is inaccessible to me, I'd like to at least get the best understanding of reality that I can).

Thanks!

You really don't have to search for truth at all. It's all there as plain as day.

Treasure Hunter

Hi all!

Thanks!
True beliefs are a result of a truthful person. If you become someone capable of recognizing truth, then you will have truth. So, focus on developing yourself. Before that you need to know yourself by observing yourself with fresh eyes like a child observes the world.

4consideration

Premium Member
Hi my post was deleted and it said something about proper use of quotes can you explain a little you me so I don't run into this ?
Questions like this should be addressed to the staff in Site Feedback: http://www.religiousforums.com/forums/site-feedback.344/

Any thread you create there can only be seen by you and the staff. They can answer your questions about any staff action taken, if/why a post was seen as a rule violation, and discuss an questions about the rules that may come up.