• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How often do you dust?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It can't be all that hard compared to cleaning this place up.
There are 5 people(one of whom is a God of War), 9 cats, and 3 dogs. You might find its at least as hard.
I shall bring a shovel, a paintball gun and an ant farm. That's all I'll need. I'll reveal what these things are for when I arrive.
I think I already know...

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Does it fall off by itself or is some sort of rubbing required?
I would imagine it would ultimately fall off on its own, but I think the reason it's more prevalent around my bed is because of friction with sheets. But friction with clothing would likely do the same, which is why it is around other parts of the room.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I've had a full on cleanout today, under the bed, in the wardrobe, thrown out 4 bags of stuff. Feels good.

Not dusted. There's a high shelf I can't reach the back of, which is annoying, that tends to accumulate the most dust.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I've had a full on cleanout today, under the bed, in the wardrobe, thrown out 4 bags of stuff. Feels good.

Not dusted. There's a high shelf I can't reach the back of, which is annoying, that tends to accumulate the most dust.
How's the mould? Still gone or is it coming back?

We Never Know

No Slack
It's something I never think about. At least until I was clearing off my bookshelf today to move it and got a big whiff of dust that I'm still coughing up 20 minutes later.
Well....

IMG_20240301_100020.jpg

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
How's the mould? Still gone or is it coming back?
I've killed most of it, but it comes back after particularly rainy weather. I just keep on top of it and it's alright; been much cleaner than usual after I started using my '**** it bleaches fabric' spray and some cheap calcium chloride dehumidifiers. Sadly some under the bed and some clothes were moulded but nothing I desperately needed anyway. I just threw it away and tbh it's nicer not to have so much stuff.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As i said earlier rooms tend to get dusted once a week. I also said i don't do inconvenient places, behind books or furniture etc
We've been decorating, moving bookshelves and furniture.
Wow does that dust accumulated in those hard to reach places ;-)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Whatcha tossing out?
Random stuff I only needed for uni modules, stuff I bought and never read and realised I never would etc. Descartes has gone; just not my era. Several books on Christianity have gone as my knowledge has moved on. Several books that are useful but, again, not going to read such as 'Thinking Fast and Slow'.