• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does God show us His truth?

And not mans tradition or false worship but the true worship of God and what He desires for us, how does that occur. Does God show His truth only in the books of Bible, is that the only way he communicates. How did Christ teach 'truth' if only what was written by Moses and the prophets contained it. Is there a way to test 'truth' today and see if it is of God?

[[Student of X ]I believe God gives each person a unique way of understanding his Truth, and to each person he gives various ways of learning it. Sometimes it's through books and sometimes through dreams and sometimes through visions, sometimes through art, and sometimes through meaningful coincidences.
And sometimes through entheogens.
"Fishers of Men: The Gospel of an Ayahuasca Vision
Quest"]

But that leaves you open to any false interpretation or doctrines that a person comes up with and scripture gives guidance on this...

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
But that leaves you open to any false interpretation or doctrines that a person comes up with and scripture gives guidance on this...

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Yes I understand that many Christians fear exposure to false interpretations.

In my opinion the best method for interpreting scripture is to study comparative religion, comparative mythology, and comparative mysticism. You might be surprised how helpful it is.

But ultimately I think each person has to think for themselves.