• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does everybody like the new look?

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh! I see that now. I still can't find my old conversations, but I see that @ChristineM has found hers, so they must be around somewhere. What's with the "angry" frubal? Is that some kind of new negative "reputation point" that people are going to be giving? Also, I can't find where our missing reputation points have gone. I remember I had nearly twice as many as I had messages. Now I have much less.

Never mind, I found my old conversations. :) I think I preferred the old frubals.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
I just checked the admin CP: admins can disable or add ratings. I find the "Angry" rating negative as well, so I will consult other admins and see whether we want to keep it.

Glad to read that the admins might be able to delete that "Angry" rating. I don't really see it being helpful in discussions.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
See if the admins can add a frubal that works like friendly did. Closest I can see for it is the heart eyes one. I liked being able to express sympathy.

That should be possible, but the priority right now is to report any issues or needed features to the tech people.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
That should be possible, but the priority right now is to report any issues or needed features to the tech people.
Oh yeah I wasn't saying do that now. I get priority is fixing glitches and such. I currently don't have any glitches on my end to report (aside from frubals being missing but that's a mild issue)but I'll let you know if I find any on my profile. Seems like some have had issues with stuff but so far I haven't.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Oh! I see that now. I still can't find my old conversations, but I see that @ChristineM has found hers, so they must be around somewhere. What's with the "angry" frubal? Is that some kind of new negative "reputation point" that people are going to be giving? Also, I can't find where our missing reputation points have gone. I remember I had nearly twice as many as I had messages. Now I have much less.

Go to the conversations icon. On the pop down you see

Conversations​

You have no recent conversations

Show all
Start a new conversation

Show all is the one to click

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
@Debater Slayer. @Rachel Rugelach
i can see a legit use for angry react that isn't mean. Like if say someone posts a news story and that person is talking about how outraged we should be at what happened. The angry reaction would express that outrage towards the situation not the person.

Yeah, but I don't think it would be long before someone used the rating in a negative way during a heated debate. :p

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
The logo at the top of the webpage looks awful with the new colour scheme, it doesn't work, the site needs a new logo

Also, when I go to the main page it doesn't display the featured threads as it should, it gives an error message

I don't much like the new look

Also, I don't like the new smileys :(

VoidCat

The logo at the top of the webpage looks awful with the new colour scheme, it doesn't work, the site needs a new logo

Also, when I go to the main page it doesn't display the featured threads as it should, it gives an error message

I don't get featured threads on the main page. Maybe that's gone now? I just get the same page you get clicking on the forums button

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

The update is still ongoing. Please post any issues or feedback you have here so that we (the staff) have a list to look at when communicating with the owners:

Twilight Snowflake

Crayon Evangelist
Staff member
I don't get featured threads on the main page. Maybe that's gone now? I just get the same page you get clicking on the forums button
We understand the frustration caused by the issue, and we are working hard to resolve it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it may take a little while longer before it is fully resolved. In the meantime, we have redirected the homepage to the forum to minimize any inconvenience caused by the error. We will be putting back the featured threads.

VoidCat

We understand the frustration caused by the issue, and we are working hard to resolve it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it may take a little while longer before it is fully resolved. In the meantime, we have redirected the homepage to the forum to minimize any inconvenience caused by the error. We will be putting back the featured threads.
Ah that seems alright with me. Take your time. I appreciate y'alls hard work.

Twilight Snowflake

Crayon Evangelist
Staff member

At the moment, we have implemented basic design elements as we are still in the process of figuring out a new theme and color scheme. We understand that this may not be the ideal look and feel for the forum, and we assure you that new design elements will be added soon. Additionally, we are working on fixing the homepage, and we anticipate having the featured post back up shortly.