• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Observe Holy Sabbath Day?

Elihoenai

Isaiah 58:13-14

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Do you think that Elohim/God is Pleased with your Worship on Sabbath Day?

How do you keep Sabbath Day Holy?

Is the Way you keep Sabbath Day Really Biblical?

What do you think the Holy Scriptures/Bible teaches about how we should Worship on Sabbath Day?

Does your Sabbath Day Observance Support Continued Spiritual Growth?

exchemist

Veteran Member

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

What do you think the Holy Scriptures/Bible teaches about how we should Worship on Sabbath Day?

Like many Christians, I go to mass.

But I do not do so because of anything in the Old Testament, nor do I think asking whether something is “biblical” or not is a very relevant criterion.

Elihoenai

Like many Christians, I go to mass.

But I do not do so because of anything in the Old Testament, nor do I think asking whether something is “biblical” or not is a very relevant criterion.
I see that your profile affirms that you are Roman Catholic. Does the Roman Catholic Church teach that the Bible is irrelevant? Are you a Christian? The Holy Scriptures/Bible is the Christian Holy Book.

InChrist

Free4ever

I don’t keep the Sabbath since I’m not Jewish or a child of Israel. God gave the children of Israel the Sabbath as a special, identifying sign between them and Himself to be kept throughout their generations. So it has been, wherever the Jewish people have gone in the world throughout history, they have kept the Sabbath.

Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you.
Exodus 31:13

As a Christian, I have rest in the finished work of Jesus Christ for my salvation every day and I gather with others who have new life in Christ on the first day of the week remembering His resurrection and victory over sin and death.

Ebionite

I see that your profile affirms that you are Roman Catholic. Does the Roman Catholic Church teach that the Bible is irrelevant? Are you a Christian? The Holy Scriptures/Bible is the Christian Holy Book.
The law of Moses isn't well regarded by followers of Paul.

Paul's defamation of Moses, saying that he wore the veil to deceive:

7But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away:
13And not as Moses, [which] put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
29And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
30And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.
31And Moses called unto them; and Aaron and all the rulers of the congregation returned unto him: and Moses talked with them.
32And afterward all the children of Israel came nigh: and he gave them in commandment all that YHWH had spoken with him in mount Sinai.
33And [till] Moses had done speaking with them, he put a vail on his face.
34But when Moses went in before YHWH to speak with him, he took the vail off, until he came out. And he came out, and spake unto the children of Israel [that] which he was commanded.
35And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the vail upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him.

Elihoenai

I don’t keep the Sabbath since I’m not Jewish or a child of Israel. God gave the children of Israel the Sabbath as a special, identifying sign between them and Himself to be kept throughout their generations. So it has been, wherever the Jewish people have gone in the world throughout history, they have kept the Sabbath.

Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you.

As a Christian, I have rest in the finished work of Jesus Christ for my salvation every day and I gather with others who have new life in Christ on the first day of the week remembering His resurrection and victory over sin and death.
1 Corinthians 2:2

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Remember that Israel consists of 12 Tribes. One of the Tribes is Judah/Jew.

Do you agree that Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ Crucified is Under the Law?

Elihoenai

The law of Moses isn't well regarded by followers of Paul.

Paul's defamation of Moses, saying that he wore the veil to deceive:

7But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away:
13And not as Moses, [which] put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
29And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
30And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.
31And Moses called unto them; and Aaron and all the rulers of the congregation returned unto him: and Moses talked with them.
32And afterward all the children of Israel came nigh: and he gave them in commandment all that YHWH had spoken with him in mount Sinai.
33And [till] Moses had done speaking with them, he put a vail on his face.
34But when Moses went in before YHWH to speak with him, he took the vail off, until he came out. And he came out, and spake unto the children of Israel [that] which he was commanded.
35And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the vail upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him.
1 Corinthians 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

There is Certainly Not any defamation of Moses by Paul the Apostle. Yes, there is a Veil over the Face of Moses. Elohim/God determines how Moses is seen through the Eye of the Beholder. Elohim/God teaches in Holy Scriptures/Bible Esoteric and Exoteric Knowledge.

The Veil over the Face of Moses is Uncovered by Elohim/God in Christian Gnosticism. I Am Christian Gnostic.

Gnosticism

Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωστικός, romanized: gnōstikós, Koine Greek: [ɣnostiˈkos], 'having knowledge') is a collection of religious ideas and systems that coalesced in the late 1st century AD among Jewish and early Christian sects. These various groups emphasized personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) above the proto-orthodox teachings, traditions, and authority of religious institutions.

Gnosticism, the Enduring Heresy

Ebionite

1 Corinthians 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Christianty didn't discern the nature of the spirit of Pentecost. Fire is associated with Elohim (Exodus 3), and the spirit of Elohim is not the same as the set-apart ("holy") spirit.

There is Certainly Not any defamation of Moses by Paul the Apostle.
It's defamation because Paul said that Moses wore the veil to deceive, and that is not why he wore it.
Paul was a false apostle - he lied about being appointed as a minister and witness.

InChrist

Free4ever
1 Corinthians 2:2

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Remember that Israel consists of 12 Tribes. One of the Tribes is Judah/Jew.

Do you agree that Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ Crucified is Under the Law?
Certainly, I agree Jesus Christ was born a Jew, under the law.

Elihoenai

Christianty didn't discern the nature of the spirit of Pentecost. Fire is associated with Elohim (Exodus 3), and the spirit of Elohim is not the same as the set-apart ("holy") spirit.
Genesis 3:7

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

The More Your Eyes Are Open the Less Potential to See the Spirit. Eyes Wide Shut.

Eyes Wide Shut (1999) Official Trailer - Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman Movie HD

It's defamation because Paul said that Moses wore the veil to deceive, and that is not why he wore it.
Paul was a false apostle - he lied about being appointed as a minister and witness.
The Apostle Paul is Inspired Apostle of Elohim/God. It's impossible to Understand Paul with Rational Religion. Rational is Limited to the Natural World. True Religion is Beyond Rational.

Ebionite

The Apostle Paul is Inspired Apostle of Elohim/God. It's impossible to Understand Paul with Rational Religion. Rational is Limited to the Natural World. True Religion is Beyond Rational.
Here's the context:

In Paul's communion bread is associated with death rather than life:

26For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

The idea of death extends to Paul's doctrine of the body of Christ:

3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.
5So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

The flesh of the body of Christ relates to the flesh of the fat of Zechariah 11 because of the post-crucifixion context of the betrayal by Judas Iscariot. Fat can be a metaphor for excess in Hebrew.

12And I said unto them, If ye think good, give [me] my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty [pieces] of silver.
13And YHWH said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty [pieces] of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of YHWH.
14Then I cut asunder mine other staff, [even] Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.
15And YHWH said unto me, Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd.
16For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, [which] shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces.

Elihoenai

Certainly, I agree Jesus Christ was born a Jew, under the law.
Matthew 16:24

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

How do you Interpret Matthew 16:24?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

So beautifully said!!!

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you

On Saturdays. In stillness, rest and contemplation.

Biblical… hmm, I think so.
Though I differentiate between what I do in Sabbath (Saturdays) and what I do during the Day of the Lord (Sundays). My need for a weekly Sabbath comes naturally to me. Unlike the studying of scripture belonging to the “day of Lord”, which I tend to not be able to limit to doing on Sundays.

However, I’d say that what’s of value about the topic in general, is not what terms one uses or exact what methods one applies, but that one finds a sound routine by which to balance one’s spiritual life with one’s worldly obligations. I’d say that my routine feels balanced to me and works for me. I feel that it does enrich me spiritually.

Humbly
Hermit

exchemist

Veteran Member
I’m sure you are not that dumb. The bible is not an instruction manual. It needs to be read as literature and interpreted. People have been doing that, puzzling and arguing over the meaning of various passages etc, ever since it was written.

Furthermore I am not a Jew. For Christians it is the teaching of Christ in the New Testament that has primacy. So they do not adhere to all the rules laid out in the OT. Everybody knows that, don’t they?

Elihoenai

Here's the context:

In Paul's communion bread is associated with death rather than life:

26For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

The idea of death extends to Paul's doctrine of the body of Christ:

3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.
5So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

The flesh of the body of Christ relates to the flesh of the fat of Zechariah 11 because of the post-crucifixion context of the betrayal by Judas Iscariot. Fat can be a metaphor for excess in Hebrew.

12And I said unto them, If ye think good, give [me] my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty [pieces] of silver.
13And YHWH said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty [pieces] of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of YHWH.
14Then I cut asunder mine other staff, [even] Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.
15And YHWH said unto me, Take unto thee yet the instruments of a foolish shepherd.
16For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, [which] shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces.
Hebrews 3:5

5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

It's Impossible for Non-Christians to Understand the Holy Scriptures/Bible. Rational Practising Christians Don't Really Understand the Holy Scriptures/Bible. Your Religion is Non-Christian Rational Religion, therefore, it's Impossible for you to understand. You see what you see from your Perspective.

I Understand and See that Paul the Apostle is an Inspired Apostle of Elohim/God. Paul the Apostle Highly Esteems Moses.

Ebionite

It's Impossible for Non-Christians to Understand the Holy Scriptures/Bible.
Actually it's impossible for Christians to understand it. Understanding something involves having knowledge of it, and Christians are too focused on their faith to acquire knowledge.

Paul the Apostle Highly Esteems Moses
No. Moses wore the veil so that the children of Israel of Israel would not fear him, not to deceive them.

And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.
Exodus 34:30

And not as Moses, [which] put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
2 Corinthians 3:13

Elihoenai

On Saturdays. In stillness, rest and contemplation.

Biblical… hmm, I think so.
Though I differentiate between what I do in Sabbath (Saturdays) and what I do during the Day of the Lord (Sundays). My need for a weekly Sabbath comes naturally to me. Unlike the studying of scripture belonging to the “day of Lord”, which I tend to not be able to limit to doing on Sundays.

However, I’d say that what’s of value about the topic in general, is not what terms one uses or exact what methods one applies, but that one finds a sound routine by which to balance one’s spiritual life with one’s worldly obligations. I’d say that my routine feels balanced to me and works for me. I feel that it does enrich me spiritually.

Humbly
Hermit
Luke 4:16

16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Elohim/God awakened me last week while posting in ""THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES" thread that I have not been keeping the Sabbath according to the Holy Scriptures/Bible. I stopped attending Church and been doing Sabbath Day at home by myself given that I Am Christian Gnostic Outcast From Christendom. It is Yeshua/Jesus custom to attend Synagogue/Church on Sabbath Day. True Disciples follow the example of Yeshua/Jesus. I attended local Seventh-Day Adventist Church on Saturday.

Elihoenai

I’m sure you are not that dumb. The bible is not an instruction manual. It needs to be read as literature and interpreted. People have been doing that, puzzling and arguing over the meaning of various passages etc, ever since it was written.

Furthermore I am not a Jew. For Christians it is the teaching of Christ in the New Testament that has primacy. So they do not adhere to all the rules laid out in the OT. Everybody knows that, don’t they?
2 Timothy 3:16

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1) It appears you, @exchemist, are trying to deceive the readers. You said in post #2 that whether something is Biblical is not very relevant: How Do You Observe Holy Sabbath Day?
Now you are saying that the teachings of Messiah/Christ in the New Testament has Primacy. Readers can see that you are either Dumb or a Deceiver.

2) Everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation is Absolute Truth Being a Unified Whole. I Am in Total Agreement with Everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation. All Scripture in given by the Inspiration of Elohim/God. The Hebrew Scriptures/Old Testament and Greek Scriptures/New Testament are the Inspired Word of Elohim/God. Does this make me Dumb from your perspective?

Last edited:

Elihoenai

Actually it's impossible for Christians to understand it. Understanding something involves having knowledge of it, and Christians are too focused on their faith to acquire knowledge.
Your knowledge is Empty Unbelieving Rational Head Knowledge. True Knowledge is Obtained through Devoted Christian Religious Practice.

Gnosticism

Gnosis

Gnosis refers to knowledge based on personal experience or perception.[citation needed] In a religious context, gnosis is mystical or esoteric knowledge based on direct participation with the divine. In most Gnostic systems, the sufficient cause of salvation is this "knowledge of" ("acquaintance with") the divine.

No. Moses wore the veil so that the children of Israel of Israel would not fear him, not to deceive them.

And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.
Exodus 34:30

And not as Moses, [which] put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
2 Corinthians 3:13
You said that before. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. Just sharing with readers that I have totally different perspective to yours Being Christian Gnostic.