• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you connect to God?

This question is specifically for the Christians on this board. How do you connect to God? Do you just talk to him like in an informal conversation? Do you pray specific prayers? Do you read certain books? Do you just mindfully notice his blessings all around you? Or do you maybe listen to motivational music?

Just wanting some more ideas on how I might start connecting more with God, because I still don't feel close enough, even with counting my blessings and and doing informal prayers.

ClearPath

Premium Member
What a great question.

You can talk to him all the time - both informally throughout the day and formally in prayer.
God is always available, you can speak to Him aloud or in your head...remember he is omniscient. :)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I pray to God. That means I speak to God. Sometimes it is through "formal" prayer but other times it just speaking to God. I don't speak out loud or anything, but silently.

outlawState

Deism is dead
The Lord's prayer is particularly important, because as Jesus observed, many who prayed to God did not know him to which they prayed, and their prayers were rendered futile by vain repetitions or hypocrisy. I would make it your goal to say the Lord's prayer every day and try to understand its meaning. When you have fully understood it and its ramifications, as to God's exalted position, i.e. God's will in heaven WILL always be done, so matter what, but that it is up to us to help God fulfill his will on earth, then one can be more confident in more elaborate prayers. Also be mindful to study the bible a lot, because in that there is refuge from the avalanche of false teaching about God that exists today.

Prayer?

I do have one practice of mine that I've never heard anybody talk about: talking to him directly. I'm basically addicted to talking to my parents (about an hour a day at least on the phone, mostly about my day), and I've tried to partially replace that by talking to God instead.

Unfortunately, it seems to make me more nervous than anything. Leads to ruminating.

Dantedeven

Everyone can speak to God, but only Jesus or an Archangel can grant a holy vision and such.
God Himself is a Lord of miracles, and listens to our prayers, yet again not directly. But through an angel.
Everything God does, He does through His angels, they are under the complete control of God.

Sometimes i think.
And i seriously think that it may very well be that form of the Lord, our Father, is super extremely small.
Because why wouldn't He be super small, if everyone thinks He is the biggest!
He is the most intelligent, the most exalted, the one true infinite and my Judge.