• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexual is about genetic or hormons, or what ?

Homosexual is about genetic or hormons ?

• Total voters

rusra02

Premium Member
So God gives us a gift then tells us explicitly how we are to use it? That's not giving a gift. That's just being a control freak.

I doubt the countless millions of aborted babies nor the millions of innocent victims of sexual assault would agree that forbidding misuse of our sexual ability makes God a "control freak".

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I doubt the countless millions of aborted babies nor the millions of innocent victims of sexual assault would agree that forbidding misuse of our sexual ability makes God a "control freak".

Don't aborted babies just go to heaven? I mean if they don't get a chance to sin or live in sin, seems kind of like a pretty ****ty thing to do to send them to Hell automatically. Although maybe they just sort of float in purgatory. This is probably best discussed in like several other threads.

Sexual assault is not the same thing as two consenting gay people having consensual sex. And technically no gay sex has ever lead to abortion, aborted fetuses or neglected/abandoned/abused children, only heterosexual sex has.

anonymous9887

bible reader
hello all

could hormons effect on genetics , or inverse ?

is the hormons had big rule in this issue (homosexual) ?

iF it's about genetic , so if gay birth baby from woman , or lesbien brith baby from man , so definitly their babies will be homosexual too ? (i mean generation)

someone tell me it's about orient from brain , so it's about hormons then ?

for your opinion , why most of religions of world forbid the homosexual , or don't agree with?
I am a Christian and I say it is genetics, we inherited it from our imperfect parents Adam and eve as all the other sins as well.

We forbid it because in all reality that is a struggle with a sin, and like any other sin we must combat it. Not all have them same desires, but we all at some point in our lives have some type of immoral desire.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I know someone "gay" here in RF wanted to straight man , but he did not succeed .

so if it's about just hormons , so why the scientists did not invent medical treatement to hormons for the homosexuals who want to be hetersexual (straight) ?

btw i know two of my friends (men) acts like girls in past ,then they by time (i don't know if they get drugs or treatement) , they become straight

Sexual orientation is set by birth. It physically changes the brain, so it's not like anything can change it once it's set.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I believe I simply stated what the Bible says concerning homosexual conduct.

Does it matter what first century Hebrews thought about it? They didn't know that some people were not naturally hetero. Heck, they thought that sperm contained the whole baby and that women were just receptacles. They wrote what they knew and they thought that God wanted them to be culturally and spiritually separate from the pagan Babylonians, who had explicitly sexual temple rituals. The Babylonian cultural norms were deemed unclean, so that the Hebrews could be blessed by God for being clean.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
God doesn't hate ****, He loves everyone.

The free gift of eternal life is available to all.

Homosexuality is a sin just like any other sin.

Can something be a sin if someone can't choose a different way? Gays can't stop being gay, just as heteros can't stop being hetero. Sin is doing something you know is wrong. They thought that left handed people were evil back then, but now we know that it's innate. It's the same with sexual orientation. It is innate.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Being homosexual is more than just hormones and genetics, its like tasting a yummy cake, you could reduce it down to its mere ingredients, or you could simply eat and enjoy the cake, being homosexual in many cases is that, just two wonderful people enjoy being together in love, why reduce that down to a mere ingredient of hormones and genetics, you could also very easily reduce the love between to straits, down to mere hormones' and chemicals of the brain.

rusra02

Premium Member
Don't aborted babies just go to heaven? I mean if they don't get a chance to sin or live in sin, seems kind of like a pretty ****ty thing to do to send them to Hell automatically. Although maybe they just sort of float in purgatory. This is probably best discussed in like several other threads.

Sexual assault is not the same thing as two consenting gay people having consensual sex. And technically no gay sex has ever lead to abortion, aborted fetuses or neglected/abandoned/abused children, only heterosexual sex has.
My point is our Creator has the right to direct how we use our bodies, and being the loving God I believe he is, his commands only benefit those who follow them. (Isaiah 48:17,18) I believe those who ignore God's commands cause suffering to themselves and others. (Romans 1:27)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
My point is our Creator has the right to direct how we use our bodies, and being the loving God I believe he is, his commands only benefit those who follow them. (Isaiah 48:17,18) I believe those who ignore God's commands cause suffering to themselves and others. (Romans 1:27)

Fine. That's your right, my right is to figure out my own way.

rusra02

Premium Member
Does it matter what first century Hebrews thought about it? They didn't know that some people were not naturally hetero. Heck, they thought that sperm contained the whole baby and that women were just receptacles. They wrote what they knew and they thought that God wanted them to be culturally and spiritually separate from the pagan Babylonians, who had explicitly sexual temple rituals. The Babylonian cultural norms were deemed unclean, so that the Hebrews could be blessed by God for being clean.
What matters is what God thinks about it. I believe what 2 Timorhy 3:16,17 states; "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work."

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Sexual orientation is set by birth. It physically changes the brain, so it's not like anything can change it once it's set.
Do you have a source that says that sexual orientation leaves markers in the brain? I'm honestly curious.

To me, the whole debate is silly because since there's so many different forms of sexuality. If there's a "gay gene", there must be a bisexual gene, an S&M gene, a foot fetish gene, a zoophilia gene, a transvestite gene, an attraction to transsexuals gene, a necrophiliac gene, a leather fetish gene, etc., etc.

I don't think people are really considering the (really) big picture of sexuality here, and it's pretty funny to me. :D

Wirey

Fartist
What matters is what God thinks about it. I believe what 2 Timorhy 3:16,17 states; "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work."

Jesus only hung out with hippies who wore robes and sandals. No chicks allowed. He ate fish a lot and liked wine, and was always sermonizing. Hmmmmm........

Kirran

Premium Member
Current scientific wisdom suggests that sexual orientation is the result of a combination of the womb environment (i.e. hormonal balances, perhaps nutrition etc) and some genetic predisposition. I do think that many more people are biologically bisexual than identify as such, due to the social and psychological impact of heteronormativity and to a lesser extent homonormativity.

I know three people who are gay who 'tried to be straight'. They had sex with people of the opposite sex and all. But at the end of the day, nah, they're gay, can't be changed. Accepted that and things went much better. One of them is hoping to start a family soon, once he finds the right guy :)

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Do you have a source that says that sexual orientation leaves markers in the brain? I'm honestly curious.

To me, the whole debate is silly because since there's so many different forms of sexuality. If there's a "gay gene", there must be a bisexual gene, an S&M gene, a foot fetish gene, a zoophilia gene, a transvestite gene, an attraction to transsexuals gene, a necrophiliac gene, a leather fetish gene, etc., etc.

I don't think people are really considering the (really) big picture of sexuality here, and it's pretty funny to me. :D

The brain is wired for sexual orientation and gender identity, not species or age. How old are you? Anyway, the book the class, Anatomy of Psychology, used is called "Physiology of Behavior" by Neil Carlson. Good class.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Current scientific wisdom suggests that sexual orientation is the result of a combination of the womb environment (i.e. hormonal balances, perhaps nutrition etc) and some genetic predisposition. I do think that many more people are biologically bisexual than identify as such, due to the social and psychological impact of heteronormativity and to a lesser extent homonormativity.

I know three people who are gay who 'tried to be straight'. They had sex with people of the opposite sex and all. But at the end of the day, nah, they're gay, can't be changed. Accepted that and things went much better. One of them is hoping to start a family soon, once he finds the right guy :)

Yes, Google "prenatal maternal stress and homosexuality.":)

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Jesus only hung out with hippies who wore robes and sandals. No chicks allowed. He ate fish a lot and liked wine, and was always sermonizing. Hmmmmm........

He hung around Mary Magdalene quite a bit. He's wasn't patriarchal, like the Pharisees were.