• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help Feathers choose a printer!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Well, if it were only a printer, I wouldn't be having as much trouble choosing. :) What I'm looking for is a printer/scanner/copier/ possibly fax machine, once I learn how to fax. Someday, I hope I can get a digital camera, so if it has the technology to hook up with one of those, all the better!

Can y'all recommend any?

Bishka

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
Duly noted- thanks, Becky! Frubals for your help!

No problem. :D

I've never had any problems with the Lexmark.

The other ones - oh my flipping heck - I believe it eas Epson who recently had a lawsuit because of their printers.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Lexmark is definitly a good one, but when some goes wrong, they are a pain to figure out. They are also very picky about ink cartridge refills. For some reason, it either wont work or the refill wont register and you'll keep getting the ink low message.

HP is ok, except the paper jams very easily. But their easier to figure out when something goes wrong. Ink cartridge refills are also usually accepted by the printer.

lizskid

BANNED
I would have nothing BUT an HP, and we have 2 in the house...one that does all and one that does all but not fax....never a jam, or problem. Price is good, quality is good, they are now standardizing their cartridges so that there aren't so many styles.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
lizskid said:
I would have nothing BUT an HP, and we have 2 in the house...one that does all and one that does all but not fax....never a jam, or problem. Price is good, quality is good, they are now standardizing their cartridges so that there aren't so many styles.

I'm all for fewer styles! (I kind of go into shock when a brand has too many to pick from.)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
Well, if it were only a printer, I wouldn't be having as much trouble choosing. :) What I'm looking for is a printer/scanner/copier/ possibly fax machine, once I learn how to fax. Someday, I hope I can get a digital camera, so if it has the technology to hook up with one of those, all the better!

Can y'all recommend any?
Hi Feathers.....We have an ALL-IN-ONE printer/scanner/copier/fax machine from HP that has been wonderful and worked great always. The model number is 6110 and I imagine you could get one for under $200.

I see that Office Max carries a 6210 which is probably a newer version of the one we bought as ours was purchased a couple of years ago.

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&prodBlockOID=537395355&expansionOID=-536907393

But, basically....I think if you stick with any HP product you will be happy.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
One of my friends mottos when purchasing new anything is to read user reviews. They are generally helprull.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I like mine. I have a Dell all in one. It has a stand alone fax. It prints pictures and other stuff. (Totally at a loss for a better description, here.) It also copies.

:)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Whooohooo! *jotting down more quickly now* Thanks, Dawny, for offering another brand to look into, and thanks, Luke, for letting me know where to start my next narrowing-down step!

standing_alone

Well, from what I recall from my OfficeMax days (which isn't much, for those memories are being repressed :D), I'd have to recommend you go with the HP. Like has already been mentioned, HP is standardizing their cartridges and also seem to carry the older model cartridges longer than other brands. I don't know how many times I had to turn customers away because Lexmark didn't carry the cartridge for their older model printer anymore (okay, I remember two occassions, but my point being I never had this happen with customers shopping for HP catridges); however, HP still had cartridges available from some of their oldest models. However, the best way to figure out what printer would be your best choice is to go to a store (may I recommend any store that is a competitor of OfficeMax? :p) and speak with an associate.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
The funny thing about many printers and even some multifunction ink jet devices today is that it costs more to replace the ink cartridges than it does to buy a new one:eek:, and forget about getting one fixed.

We currently have a LexmarkX73 scanner/copier/printer, a super cheap Lexmark Z16 printer, and an ANCIENT HP LaserJet 4 which I picked up @ the Goodwill store for $10 because they didn't know if it worked.:D

If I were going to buy a new printer, I would pic a color laser printer for top quality printing and high number of prints from a toner cartridge because they last much longer than an ink jet cartridge.