• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hebronian Imam opens fire at Jewish community of Hebron

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member

Sheikh Mahmoud Nofal, an imam of a mosque (!) in Hebron opened fire at the Jewish neighborhood in Hebron. Fortunately, he was shot by Israeli authorities before he managed to kill anyone.

Arab terrorists from the PA never need an excuse to try to murder Israelis, but Ramadan is an especially heated and bloody time (I've made a number of threads on this over the years). Unfortunately, this year is no different. This isn't the first terror attack since Ramadan 2024 started. For example, a couple of days ago a senior IDF officer was attacked at a gas station. He barely managed to shoot the terrorist before succumbing to his wounds. And now we have a pretender "holy man" attempting to murder people on what Muslims believe is a holy month. Well.

Like Israel at large, the Hebron Jewish community is no stranger to Arab-induced terror attacks. Other than the infamous Hebron Massacre of 1929 which brought about a hiatus in the community until the 1967 War, the community has known several vicious attacks over the years. Unfortunately, I witnessed one such attack with my own eyes, when, one Shabbat eve in late 2015, my yeshiva and I prayed outside of the Machpelah Cave complex and the crowd we were in was fired upon by a sniper. Fortunately, the two people who were shot, including a guy who's a year my junior in yeshiva, were not severely injured. But luck isn't always on our side.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What goes around, comes around. Those settlers have been acting like rabid demons with the blessing of Israel's neofascist, genocidal government. They've been killing and assaulting Palestinians for years in the illegal settlements and it's only gotten worse since Bibi's genocide began. Someone was bound to strike back. Don't expect me to cry over it. Stop torturing those people and stealing their homes, and you won't be hated anymore ("you" in tne general sense). It's really simple.

Some context about Hebron and it's fanatically religious and violent settlers:

Hebron is also where Baruch Goldstein, a Jewish religious fascist, massacred 29 Palestinians at prayer in the Cave of the Patriarchs in 1994:

Goldstein is considered a martyr by Jewish fascists. Itamar Ben-Gvir is known to be an admirer of his.

Shaul

Premium Member
What goes around, comes around. Those settlers have been acting like rabid demons with the blessing of Israel's neofascist, genocidal government. They've been killing and assaulting Palestinians for years in the illegal settlements and it's only gotten worse since Bibi's genocide began. Someone was bound to strike back. Don't expect me to cry over it. Stop torturing those people and stealing their homes, and you won't be hated anymore ("you" in tne general sense). It's really simple.

Some context about Hebron and it's fanatically religious and violent settlers:

Hebron is also where Baruch Goldstein, a Jewish religious fascist, massacred 29 Palestinians at prayer in the Cave of the Patriarchs in 1994:

Goldstein is considered a martyr by Jewish fascists. Itamar Ben-Gvir is known to be an admirer of his.
Jews have been living in Hebron for 3,800 years. In 1929, before there was a State of Israel, the Arabs massacred the Jews living in Hebron and those that survived were removed by the British authorities. They later returned. 1929 Hebron massacre - Wikipedia Furthermore the right of Jews to live in Hebron without being attacked is explicitly recognized and agreed upon by the PLO and Yasser Arafat in the Hebron Accord. Protocol Concerning the Redeployment in Hebron - Wikipedia

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Jews have been living in Hebron for 3,800 years. In 1929, before there was a State of Israel, the Arabs massacred the Jews living in Hebron and those that survived were removed by the British authorities. They later returned. 1929 Hebron massacre - Wikipedia Furthermore the right of Jews to live in Hebron without being attacked is explicitly recognized and agreed upon by the PLO and Yasser Arafat in the Hebron Accord. Protocol Concerning the Redeployment in Hebron - Wikipedia
And that's terrible that that happened (there were Arab families who saved and sheltered Jews when that happened, too), but one wrong followed by a bunch of other ones doesn't make a right. These settlers in Hebron aren't not the people who left earlier and are returning. These are the same sort of radical nutcases terrorizing Palestinians in the other settlements. They follow a fanatically racist and violent Kahanist form of Judaism, and celebrate mass murderers like Goldstein.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Sheikh Mahmoud Nofal, an imam of a mosque (!) in Hebron opened fire at the Jewish neighborhood in Hebron. Fortunately, he was shot by Israeli authorities before he managed to kill anyone.

Arab terrorists from the PA never need an excuse to try to murder Israelis, but Ramadan is an especially heated and bloody time (I've made a number of threads on this over the years). Unfortunately, this year is no different. This isn't the first terror attack since Ramadan 2024 started. For example, a couple of days ago a senior IDF officer was attacked at a gas station. He barely managed to shoot the terrorist before succumbing to his wounds. And now we have a pretender "holy man" attempting to murder people on what Muslims believe is a holy month. Well.

Like Israel at large, the Hebron Jewish community is no stranger to Arab-induced terror attacks. Other than the infamous Hebron Massacre of 1929 which brought about a hiatus in the community until the 1967 War, the community has known several vicious attacks over the years. Unfortunately, I witnessed one such attack with my own eyes, when, one Shabbat eve in late 2015, my yeshiva and I prayed outside of the Machpelah Cave complex and the crowd we were in was fired upon by a sniper. Fortunately, the two people who were shot, including a guy who's a year my junior in yeshiva, were not severely injured. But luck isn't always on our side.

I've heard from a sociology professor who says he has visited the West Bank. He said Jewish and Muslim neighbors are generally friendly towards each other. Most people get along fine in these areas. Though this was before the current hostilities.

Shaul

Premium Member
And that's terrible that that happened (there were Arab families who saved and sheltered Jews when that happened, too), but one wrong followed by a bunch of other ones doesn't make a right. These settlers in Hebron aren't not the people who left earlier and are returning. These are the same sort of radical nutcases terrorizing Palestinians in the other settlements. They follow a fanatically racist and violent Kahanist form of Judaism, and celebrate mass murderers like Goldstein.
In this particular case there is no evidence that Israelis initiated this incident. All the evidence is that Iman Sheikh Mahmoud Nofal precipitated this event. Raising red herrings doesn't justify what he did.

libre

Skylark
From the article comments:
"Remove his bloodline. Terrorists will stop once you show you can remove the bloodline and family"
"Gaza is Sodom and Gomorrah and must be purged with fire."
"Erase the cemetery"
"kill his family!"

Quite disturbing.