• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings from San Fransisco Bay Area! About me...

Hello Forum,

I am from California and joined Religious Forums to converse with others on the subject of Christianity. I grew up Catholic and went to Catholic school and was even an alter boy for a few years. I became atheist into my late teens and have re-examined my position many times since.

I can honestly say some of my views partly came from my childhood Catholic experience. When I was a child we had these elderly priests who had traveled the world as missionaries. These priests had many stories of how they aided others and how others aided them in the process and what they learned from those various people. Each experience related to a lesson in the bible. The lessons that stuck the most to me was about compassion, loving thy neighbor with no judgment with no dividing line.

My ethnic backround is Alaskan Indian, English, Scottish, Irish, Scandinavian and German. Amongst these lines I am more Alaskan Indian in quantum and grew up with customs from this side which comes from my dad. Some of aspects of our heritage contradict Christianity which almost lead to an extinction of it in return for American citizenship around 1904.

I would like to have the connection I had with the Christian god as I did as a child. I always end up feeling as if I am chasing a ghost when I try or perhaps the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus. I also have some unchangeable views that conflict with most Abrahamic religions. I become disenchanted all over again with all the judgments an politics I find in most religions, church's and congregations. I am not saying I judge or dislike those I disgree with that is hardly ever the case.

Thank You,
Wilson Wilson

Last edited:
Welcome aboard :D

Sorry I cannot get involved in Christian discussions much because I'm Muslim :)

Thanks for the welcoming, Smart_Guy.

I have been reading, "The Meaning of The Holy Qur'ān - 'Abdullah Yūsuf 'Alī ". The Quran does have a lovely message and shows how close all Abrahamic religions are related. I may have questions regarding this in the future. :)

Thanks again friend,
Wilson wilson

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings (again)!

I notice you're part Scot.
I recommend doing what I did.....cut your pinky finger & let all the Scottish blood run out.
Afterwards, have some....
th

Akivah

I also have some unchangeable views that conflict with most Abrahamic religions.

Welcome to the Forum, Wilson.

Just a comment on the quote above. Given that the so-called Abrahamic religions have such a broad range of views, I doubt that your views conflicted with most of them across the board.