• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going bald?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Who here is either bald or going bald?

I am now bald headed and I'm 37, started going bald in my 20s

The back of my head is mostly bald but I have some hair left up front

I console myself with the notion that it's a sign of me being an alpha-male

And maybe it is?

Do you resent your baldness?

I certainly do

In my youth I had an extravagant head of hair

I miss that very much :(

I hide it by regularly having my remaining hair shaved off by a barber

Nimos

New Who here is either bald or going bald?
Im not going bald myself, the hair line is slightly retreating, but nothing that is remotely going bald.

One of my friends pretty much went bald at the age of around 20 I think.

Personally I wouldn't care to much, there are lots of cool looking bald people and there are a lot of benefits as well, so no I wouldn't care :D

A Vestigial Mote

I'm in the same boat as @Nimos. The hair is ever so slowly retreating from my forehead region. Has been for several years. My father basically has a bald-ish crown, and then thick, bushy hair all the way around. Like he's wearing a bowl on the top of his head. So, I have an inkling that I am on track to meet a similar fate, though I still have quite a bit more than he does on top... and I think I am older now than when he had mostly lost his.

Not that it truly matters. I don't tend to give it much thought.

exchemist

Veteran Member

And maybe it is?

I certainly do

"You hair are your ariels. They pick up signals from the cosmos and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight."

Danny the Dealer, "Withnail and I".

From 1:30sec mark in this clip:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

And maybe it is?

I certainly do

The rumour that bald men make better lovers was started buy Kojak.

Someone i went to college with began going bald at 18, by 30 he was pleased he no longer had to pay hairdressers for their service but bought a can of polish one a year

Erebus

I've been shaving my head for a while now. After a particularly bad photo which showed how much my hairline was receding, I decided to just go completely bald. I also grew a beard since it tends to work well with a bald head.

I've been told that I suit this look far more than I suited being clean-shaven with hair on my head. It's also saved me a lot of money and hassle going to the barber's since I just bought myself some clippers.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I started going bald in my 20s. I’m almost completely bald on top. It would probably be very wispy, at most, if I let it grow. Which I will never do. ;)

No, not at all anymore but I did for years in the beginning. I started shaving about 25 years ago. I started with a short buzz then went full on shaved on a lark, and loved it. I still do. I’ve never had more than 2 or 3 days growth since. I rocked the Mr. Clean look for a number of years, had a goatee on and off, but have had a full beard for about 5 1/2 years. It’s just a little shorter now, but it will stay until they light my funeral pyre.

(Facebook profile pic)

9B55E04B-D912-4E06-A955-B415799B0B7E.jpeg

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been shaving my head for a while now. After a particularly bad photo which showed how much my hairline was receding, I decided to just go completely bald. I also grew a beard since it tends to work well with a bald head.

I've been told that I suit this look far more than I suited being clean-shaven with hair on my head. It's also saved me a lot of money and hassle going to the barber's since I just bought myself some clippers.

I learned to trim my beard by watching the barber I went to. When the barbershop had to close due to COVID it was either shave it off (not bloody likely) or learn to do it myself.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
My dad seemed to have been bald since I was a child, yet here I am, (cough) years old and not going bald. Keep it short out of sheer laziness. Probably got a beard for the same reason.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Bur is that upside down the right look for you?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

And maybe it is?

I certainly do

Sometimes I don't know. I have hypothyroidism, so some spots if I don't cover the rest of my hair over it. Not sure later in life. I didn't know some women become bold but probably not as much as men.

One of my friends pretty much went bald at the age of around 20 I think.

Mine started receding at high school. Cut it all off aged 16 and never looked back.

Saved hours of time, especially the extra valuable time in the morning that would have gone on hairstyling. Saved a fortune on hair products, barbers, etc.

Fortunately my hair was terrible and the almost unanimous consensus is I look much better without any.

Now I find it funny when my friends are worrying about their hair loss, and trying to hide it :smirk:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

And maybe it is?

I certainly do

I've been shaving my head for over a decade now. My hairline has receded a lot over the past 5 years, so I'm definitely balding but I shave my head, anyway. I prefer being bald.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm lucky to have a full head of white hair (albeit
thinning & no longer brown with fetching curls).
Bald (shaved) looks good on some, & terrible on
others.