• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God

Judgment

I believe.... God is bigger than most religions realize & there is only one true God. God is every Atom & Molecule & Quark, God is your PC and the desk it sits on, God is Me & You, God is all of our thoughts, God is every Heaven & Hell... every religion, God is the Trees & Rocks & Oceans, God is the Earth & Solar System, God is the Galaxy & Universe - every Universe and every dream, God is - All That Is. Debate anyone?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
What if there are other Gods, though?

BTW, that font is a bit hard to read.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I think we need to pause and define.

I believe in what someone cleverer than I dubbed the "the living Godiverse," a being whose body is the cosmos, also a juvenile (the roth). I believe there's at least one other, our parent.

I have on occasion wondered if there's yet another level, a being who encompasses roths as they encompass us, but I have no basis to believe it.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I forgot to say, most of the time, I use the word "God" to refer to our roth.

Judgment

Storm: I think we need to pause and define.

I believe in what someone cleverer than I dubbed the "the living Godiverse," a being whose body is the cosmos, also a juvenile (the roth). I believe there's at least one other, our parent.

I have on occasion wondered if there's yet another level, a being who encompasses roths as they encompass us, but I have no basis to believe it.

To be more clear - I am not speaking of the Islamic, Christian or Judaic God when I discuss ‘GOD’
The God I speak of is the culmination of the imagination of the human race, of the flowers in the garden, of the stars in the sky. The God I speak of is All That Is - there is nothing outside.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
To be more clear - I am not speaking of the Islamic, Christian or Judaic God when I discuss ‘GOD’
Yeah, I got that much. ;)

The God I speak of is the culmination of the imagination of the human race, of the flowers in the garden, of the stars in the sky. The God I speak of is All That Is - there is nothing outside.
How do you know? Can you even conceive the size of the cosmos, much less what might lie beyond its borders?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
How is it helpful to have the term "God" as shorthand for everything there is? Does it add anything to our understanding?
Always a pertinent question. I see it as justified and useful when one believes there's a unified consciousness involved, or something similar.

Do you believe such a thing, Judgment?

Judgment

Storm: How do you know? Can you even conceive the size of the cosmos, much less what might lie beyond its borders?
Do not hold the words of ‘anyone’ above your own inner Knowledge and Understanding. Be wary of anyone that tells you their way is the only way and that you will be brutally punished for veering from the path.

You are 'part' of God... trust in yourself. Time to take a fearless ride inside your own inner knowledge and understanding. Inner knowledge is the same for all - it does not differ from person to person. Life after Death is Inner knowledge - it is true whether or not you believe it to be true in your lifetime.... Our very 'consciousness' is energy - and - that energy can not and will never die.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Do not hold the words of ‘anyone’ above your own inner Knowledge and Understanding. Be wary of anyone that tells you their way is the only way and that you will be brutally punished for veering from the path.

You are 'part' of God... trust in yourself. Time to take a fearless ride inside your own inner knowledge and understanding. Inner knowledge is the same for all - it does not differ from person to person. Life after Death is Inner knowledge - it is true whether or not you believe it to be true in your lifetime.... Our very 'consciousness' is energy - and - that energy can not and will never die.
Blah, blah, blah. I asked you a question. The polite thing to do is answer it, not start preaching. Furthermore, I don't need you to tell me such things, and the fact that I agree with what you're saying does nothing to negate my annoyance at proselytization.

Judgment

Storm: Always a pertinent question. I see it as justified and useful when one believes there's a unified consciousness involved, or something similar.

Do you believe such a thing, Judgment?
Yes - but - also.. seperate conciousness' at the same time. God is perfect because God is 'Everything' - but - seperate everything and each piece is not perfect.

The elusive 'Truth'. Some claim no knowledge of it, some claim to be the righteous owners of it - and some spend a lifetime seeking it. When a sweeping statement is made.. such as... 'The Truth is a combination of 'Everything' - then - the door is opened for ridicule and calls of blasphemy.. How can he be right if she is right and their truth is not the same? How indeed yell the cries! But...Looking through their eyes, their souls becomes known, listen to the cries, they will hear their your own.

Judgment

Storm: Blah, blah, blah. I asked you a question. The polite thing to do is answer it, not start preaching. Furthermore, I don't need you to tell me such things, and the fact that I agree with what you're saying does nothing to negate my annoyance at proselytization.

The question was answered - you did not understand.

Judgment

Storm: Whatever. Bored now, bye.

For 11,000 posts - you are not a very good debater. You accuse me of not giving an answer that I gave - and then - you run and hide :shrug:

And.. I am no preacher.

You asked - "How could I know" ?

I answered - inner knowledge and understanding.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
For 11,000 posts - you are not a very good debater. You accuse me of not giving an answer that I gave - and then - you run and hide :shrug:
Don't flatter yourself. I thought you might be interesting, you proved otherwise.

gnomon

I believe.... God is bigger than most religions realize & there is only one true God. God is every Atom & Molecule & Quark, God is your PC and the desk it sits on, God is Me & You, God is all of our thoughts, God is every Heaven & Hell... every religion, God is the Trees & Rocks & Oceans, God is the Earth & Solar System, God is the Galaxy & Universe - every Universe and every dream, God is - All That Is. Debate anyone?

God is energy, in other words.

How is this anything more than an equivocation?

Or are you asserting that all energy is conscious? Or perhaps that the sum of energy is self-conscious? I think the latter is well established as beyond the capability of human intelligence to state as true.