• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is Evil - Now What?

OneThatGotAway

Servant of Yahweh God Almighty
Thousands of people has claimed that their god is evil or someone else's god is evil.
If this is case, then what do you plan to do about it?
If the threat is real, then do you:
1. Have a plan to destroy him\them?
2. Survive him\them?
3. Exploit or appease him\them?
4. Flee from him\them?
5. Does your plan includes only yourself, your family, or the world?
6. Would you battle these evil beings spiritually, physically, or both?
7. Would you sacrifice others to achieve your conquest?
Note: These questions do not apply to those who consider themselves evil gods or enjoy the prosperous fruits of being under such gods.

Allow me to setup the scenario: Suppose that this\these god(s) is\are evil and that he\she\they are still in control? And when I say "god", you can take your pick from any or all of the following:
1. The spiritual world: God of the Bible, Quran, Bhagavad Gita, angels, demons, etc.
2. The physical world (Earth): kings, dictators, tyrants, czars, government, mobs, etc.
3. The extra-terrestial worlds: Aliens, engineers, predators, etc.

Hollywood movies has given us many ideas on how to deal with evil gods in these three world scenarios. Here are three examples:

1. SPIRITUAL: Constantine (2005)
"John Constantine: [voiceover] I guess there's a plan for all of us. I had to die - twice - just to figure that out. Like the book says, He works His work in mysterious ways.

Some people like it. Some people don't. "

2. PHYSICAL: 300 (2006)
"Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in Hell!" -- Spartan King Leonidas
"Xerxes: There will be no glory in your sacrifice. I will erase even the memory of Sparta from the histories! Every piece of Greek parchment shall be burned. Every Greek historian, and every scribe shall have their eyes pulled out, and their tongues cut from their mouths. Why, uttering the very name of Sparta, or Leonidas, will be punishable by death! The world will never know you existed at all!
King Leonidas: The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even a god-king can bleed."

3. Extra-Terrestial: Predators:
A. "We're gonna need a new plan." - Royce

B. "Royce: How do we kill them?
Noland: However you can.
Isabelle: They must have a weakness.
Noland: Not many. "

C. "Edwin: Excuse me. Just what the hell is going on here?
Royce: We're being hunted. The cages. The soldier. All of us. All brought here for the same purpose. This planet is a game preserve. And we're the game. In case you didn't

notice, we just got flushed out. They sent the dogs in, just like you if you were stalking boar or shooting quail. They split us apart and they watched. Testing us.
Isabelle: How do you know this?
Royce: Because, that's what I would do."

D. "Royce: [to Noland who is wearing a Predator mask] What the <bleep> are you?
Noland: [Removes mask] I'm alive. You talk too loud. Smelled you since you got here. If I can smell you, if I can hear you, they can, too. Storm coming soon. This way.
Isabelle: Wait. Who are you?
Noland: [in sing-song voice] Noland, run away, live to fight another day.
Noland: I'm the one that got away. The one you don't <bleep> with. "

Here are other movies with interesting ways of dealing with their enemies who were at first powerful than they were:
1. Clash of the Titans, Poltergeist, Insidious, It, Them, They, Others, Cabin in the Woods, The Exorcist, Gothika, Devil's Advocate, Noah's Ark, Ten Commandments, etc.
2. Stalingrad (1993), United 93, Enemy at the Gate, Gladiator, Spartacus, The Hunger Games, Glory, Zombieland, Selma, World War Z, Ronin 47, etc.
3. Oblivion, Prometheus, Battlefield Earth, The Mist, Star Trek: The Undiscovered World, Battleship, etc.

Share your plans and thoughts. If you get the chance, use your favorite book or movie to quote your favorite strategy. Or use your own life experience from being a prisoner of war, slave, hostile work environment, whistle blower, refugee, etc. Was\Is your evil god an inside job, external, or both like Pearl Harbour, JFK, Sept. 11, etc.

Shabbath Shalom.
OneThatGotAway

OneThatGotAway

My plan is to continue on just as always.

PS: It's not a reflection of my beliefs, just laziness.

Interesting reply.
I'm curious: Would that plan apply if you are living in a country ruled by a dictator? And if so, which of his laws would be your breaking point (if any)?

Paranoid Android

Thousands of people has claimed that their god is evil or someone else's god is evil.
2. Survive him\them?
4. Flee from him\them?
Note: These questions do not apply to those who consider themselves evil gods or enjoy the prosperous fruits of being under such gods.

Allow me to setup the scenario: Suppose that this\these god(s) is\are evil and that he\she\they are still in control? And when I say "god", you can take your pick from any or all of the following:
1. The spiritual world: God of the Bible, Quran, Bhagavad Gita, angels, demons, etc.
2. The physical world (Earth): kings, dictators, tyrants, czars, government, mobs, etc.

Hollywood movies has given us many ideas on how to deal with evil gods in these three world scenarios. Here are three examples:

"John Constantine: [voiceover] I guess there's a plan for all of us. I had to die - twice - just to figure that out. Like the book says, He works His work in mysterious ways.

"Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in Hell!" -- Spartan King Leonidas
"Xerxes: There will be no glory in your sacrifice. I will erase even the memory of Sparta from the histories! Every piece of Greek parchment shall be burned. Every Greek historian, and every scribe shall have their eyes pulled out, and their tongues cut from their mouths. Why, uttering the very name of Sparta, or Leonidas, will be punishable by death! The world will never know you existed at all!
King Leonidas: The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even a god-king can bleed."

Royce: We're being hunted. The cages. The soldier. All of us. All brought here for the same purpose. This planet is a game preserve. And we're the game. In case you didn't

notice, we just got flushed out. They sent the dogs in, just like you if you were stalking boar or shooting quail. They split us apart and they watched. Testing us.

Noland: [Removes mask] I'm alive. You talk too loud. Smelled you since you got here. If I can smell you, if I can hear you, they can, too. Storm coming soon. This way.

Here are other movies with interesting ways of dealing with their enemies who were at first powerful than they were:
1. Clash of the Titans, Poltergeist, Insidious, It, Them, They, Others, Cabin in the Woods, The Exorcist, Gothika, Devil's Advocate, Noah's Ark, Ten Commandments, etc.
2. Stalingrad (1993), United 93, Enemy at the Gate, Gladiator, Spartacus, The Hunger Games, Glory, Zombieland, Selma, World War Z, Ronin 47, etc.
3. Oblivion, Prometheus, Battlefield Earth, The Mist, Star Trek: The Undiscovered World, Battleship, etc.

Share your plans and thoughts. If you get the chance, use your favorite book or movie to quote your favorite strategy. Or use your own life experience from being a prisoner of war, slave, hostile work environment, whistle blower, refugee, etc. Was\Is your evil god an inside job, external, or both like Pearl Harbour, JFK, Sept. 11, etc.

Shabbath Shalom.
OneThatGotAway

God is good. But in a way he is evil. It's hard to explain, but when Satan is God he is good, when he's Satan he is evil.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
Fighting a god is foolish. I would try to practice my own virtues, such as I understand them, and wait for the inevitable consequences.

This is more or less reality for me; I don't think the gods are malevolent per se, but I don't expect God to wipe after I flush, either.

If you think about it, the whole premise of Christianity is basically that of a perfect son appeasing an evil father through self-sacrifice. While most Christians would object that they were the same God (and not evil), I think God is big enough to absorb the seeming contradiction. The motif of the powerless but right against the all-powerful but wicked is ancient and powerful:

8069734356_6483d73cd8_b.jpg

^Prahlad fails to succumb to the fiery furnace.

Last edited:

Etritonakin

Good (given the existence of aware and creative beings) is having one overall system (not continually subdividing and conflicting systems) that is beneficial to all and brings happiness to all -that works perfectly and is not self-destructive -and which allows all to exist and /or create without conflict.

It must be understood that between the envisioning of an end result until that end result, things are always in some sort of state of disorder and disarray until reaching the ordered state of the end result.

We are not an end result -we are in the middle stages of a process to bring about a perfect end result.

Whenever we set about making something awesome, it usually begins by making a pile of materials and a big ol' mess. Many take issue with God for the present state of things -but it's just a temporary big ol' mess.

The one true God has enough experience and understanding to know that evil would make him and everyone else miserable forever -and that good really is the only option.

Then God created beings who did not have such experience and understanding yet.

In their ignorance and willfulness, some of them have tried -and will try -to do something about the one true God, but God patiently brings them to a point of understanding the truth.
Then they will either choose good or must be kept from affecting those who do.

Presently, we all experience the choices we all make in ignorance or with evil intent in order to gain experience, but that will change with experience and the removal of the incorrigibly evil -and the setting up of perfect government.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
But if Thor is evil, then what?

...Okay, that would make a cool Avengers movie.

Could very well be....
Thor at the Bus Stop: THOR VS BABY AVENGERS:

Or in my case, more likely this.....
Thor at the Bus Stop: THOR VS POPOVICH:

Eh, who am I kidding. I see it turning out this way.....

Thor at the Bus Stop: THOR VS CHET LIGHTNING:

Paranoid Android

But if Thor is evil, then what?

...Okay, that would make a cool Avengers movie.[/QUOTE

I got an idea. Stephen Hawkings is voted in as president, and we start rounding you up for slave labor and extermination. We make you work until you die in mining and hard labor jobs. We cut you down to a minority. Afterwards, we give you $500 a month to live on and if you ever mention the hard time your having, we'll accuse you of begging. Well pass Americans with No Disabiities Act, but still we won't hire you, even 25 years later. Sounds fair to me.

OneThatGotAway

Probably divide "thousands of people" by a world population of 7 billion and return to something more interesting.
Any particular reason for the idiosyncratic rendering?

I could have said millions or billions; however, I chose "thousands" only to convey the concept of "many" --- ok then, billions.
Nevertheless, I find it rather interesting that the world complain about their misery under a tyrannical ruler; with each one coping with it in their own peculiar way.
And there is nothing idiosyncratic about "shabbath shalom". Many holy people wish peace on others; I chose to bless them on this day, that Sabbath.

Parsimony

What could you do about an evil god? A mortal couldn't stop him/her. Might as well find out what he/she wants and try to minimize your losses.

Awoon

2. Survive him\them?
4. Flee from him\them?

Shabbath Shalom.
OneThatGotAway

If your God doesn't drink a beer with you, it's an absent God.