• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giving to the poor as an offering to the gods?

agorman

Premium Member
I feel the last time I had Egyptian gods on my altar I've been informed by Hathor and Bastet (I received thoughts) that they didn't want many offerings from me; they complained I'm avaricious and wanted as an offering that I should give a part of my salary to the poor. I earn a low salary, but they wanted me to donate a part of it anyway; at least 10%.

Is that all just my UPG, my idea, or do you guys know if giving to the poor was really considered sometimes as an offering to the gods in Ancient Egypt? I know there were no poor people at that time in Egypt as there is now; maybe we can consider as "poor" those of the lower working class (e.g. those who supposedly built the pyramids), but anyway. I'm sorry for my ignorance; I just scratched the surface in learning about Ancient Egypt. And don't have much time right now for a spiritual quest with work and college!