• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fascism in America ignored by corrupt media

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The news media is not covering the threats to our democracy focusing instead on distractions

Has the mainstream media already made its peace with fascism? We'll soon find out
I "news surf" a lot, but what I hear especially on ABC, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN certainly does not in the least right now fit this supposed "peace". However, earlier I think they held back on some damning info probably because they wanted to make certain it was accurate versus just hearsay. Hard to say for sure though.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The news media is not covering the threats to our democracy focusing instead on distractions

Has the mainstream media already made its peace with fascism? We'll soon find out
I think there are plenty of commentary and think pieces about this, in the more thoughtful parts of the press. But as it is a slowly developing political condition, which does not change much from one day to the next, it is not reasonable to expect it to be covered in the news bulletins.

It seems to me it is up to the politicians to make it a news story, if they want to draw the people's attention to it. But they will need to be serious people, from the centre of politics, not just the usual suspects eager for another opportunity for hyperbolic grandstanding. The left in current US politics strikes me as hopelessly indisciplined and self-indulgent. If Trump somehow gets a second term it will be largely their fault.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I think that people are beginning to forget is because it was a terribly incompetent attempt at fascism. Like almost every Trumpian product it was an epic fail. The only real remaining danger are from the Republicans that still think that Trump won by a majority. But as a famous comedian said "You can't fix stupid".