• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution of races

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The white skin was an adaption of humans in colder climates as camouflage in areas covered in snow. Think polar bears. This is why in the winter our skin gets more pale than in the summertime without the snow, when we become tan, so we can blend into taller grasses better in order not to be eaten by killer rabbits.

Ask Mr. Science! He knows. :)
It is more of a Vitamin D adaptation. There have even been experiments run on people of different races to test their Vitamin D production:

Skin color is relevant to vitamin D synthesis - PubMed

We Never Know

No Slack
Yes, but populations split. It is not, as you seem to think, that one population stays the same and the other branches of. Both daughter populations are equally old.

But it started with "one population". That population eventually had a race/skin tone

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
In biology, there is no such thing as "race". This is a social construct, not a scientific one. There was no "evolution of races"; only extremely minor genetic differences regarding small parts of the whole of humanity: The amount of melanin in the skin, hair texture, etc. In fact, there can be more genetic difference between two people of the same "race" as there can be between two people of differing "races". This is why there are no such things as medical care providers who specialize in given "races" because there is no such thing as "race" in biology.

Moreover, just because we started in Africa does not mean that the first "race" was black. In fact, as we once had fur, there would be no need for the skin to have lots of melanin to protect us from the sun. If you google for Egyptians, you find that they are often pretty light-skinned; yet they are natives to Africa.

Egyptian Man Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

The entire pretext of the question is an incorrect one; "races" did not evolve but "races" were created solely in the minds of men. In the greater context of this topic, I don't find it offensive; I find it misguided.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Put away political correctness and safe spaces. Sometimes its good to discuss controversial issues.

This thread isn't about who's better, or who's anything. its simply about different races, how they evolved and curiosity of what others think.

Whether you accept evolution or believe in creation.. IMO all race didn't arise simultaneously.

If its offensive to you skip on by. I don't expect much but .....

We evolved from apes. But did all races evolve simultaneously? Did one race evolve before the others?

On the other hand...

If you believe humans were created by a god, what race were they created as? Where did other races come from?

PS: IMO whites did not evolve first. So lets put that racism, white supremacy, or whatever BS to rest.
Oh and I'm not white, I'm Native American.
:) So you're saying that it took time for Lucy to get a larger brain?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I use race because its how we are divided in reality. Lets use skin tone...

"But it started with "one population". That population had a skin tone that dominated"

Right. But that reality of "race" also varies based on what country you are located in (what's a race in one place inst a race in others) is politically divided, not genetically.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Put away political correctness and safe spaces. Sometimes its good to discuss controversial issues.

This thread isn't about who's better, or who's anything. its simply about different races, how they evolved and curiosity of what others think.

Whether you accept evolution or believe in creation.. IMO all race didn't arise simultaneously.

If its offensive to you skip on by. I don't expect much but .....

We evolved from apes. But did all races evolve simultaneously? Did one race evolve before the others?

On the other hand...

If you believe humans were created by a god, what race were they created as? Where did other races come from?

PS: IMO whites did not evolve first. So lets put that racism, white supremacy, or whatever BS to rest.
Oh and I'm not white, I'm Native American.

I believe that the DNA of humankind had all the varieties colors there even thought the insides were all the same.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I use race because its how we are divided in reality. Lets use skin tone...

"But it started with "one population". That population had a skin tone that dominated"
If you put it that way, yes, and it probably was a light brown and they had fur. Those who migrated to the north got lighter skin to better produce melanin in the winter. Some of them later migrated back south and got darker skin to better absorb UV radiation.
Think of the native Americans. They started with light skin (Inuit) and as they migrated south got darker (Inca, Maya, native Amazonians).

We Never Know

No Slack
:) So you're saying that it took time for Lucy to get a larger brain?

I'm saying IMO the black race evoleved first, While the majority of that population stayed put in Africa, small groups broke off and migrated out of Africa and then kept migrating creating the different races we see today.

We Never Know

No Slack
If you put it that way, yes, and it probably was a light brown and they had fur. Those who migrated to the north got lighter skin to better produce melanin in the winter. Some of them later migrated back south and got darker skin to better absorb UV radiation.
Think of the native Americans. They started with light skin (Inuit) and as they migrated south got darker (Inca, Maya, native Amazonians).

South of Africa?