• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Egyptian loanwords in the Torah

Tamino

Finally, the largest of the Egyptian number symbols, representing 1,000,000, is the seated god
Heh
Heh was one of the eight primeval gods, supposed to carry the heaven under the earth
1000016146.jpg

this is an image of Egyptian Heh seated
1000016147.jpg

And here you can see the Hehu standing while they support the celestial cow (sitting is not a requirement)

My remembering Heh. I thought Heh was 5. Letter Hebrew H
ה

Yud 1 Dalet 4 = Heh 5
Yud spiritual Dalet physical
Yes. Hebrew Heh represents number 5.
KMT (Egypt) So how did Heh seated God also in (Abram) (Abraham), because the Hebrew letter "H" added the name Abraham? Heh (Hei) is the fifth letter of the Hebrew alphabet. ה
I don't see a connection here... As I said "being seated" is not a defining feature of Egyptian god heh. There's plenty of gods that are shown seated, and instances of Heh standing.
Either 1:4 or 1,000,000 is that the same math number because = god sit? = add letter H to Abram, that caused Abraham, did Abraham sit with god then? How come god sit for? What does sit mean? Rest?
No, I don't think that bridge holds. The word Abraham has a few more letters, Egyptian Heh is not defined by sitting and Hebrew letter Heh is usually said to mean "behold, reveal"
Is the highest in Hebrew 1:4 = 5? Can 1,000,000 = 5?
I don't think so.

What does that mean seated god? and did Abraham rest sitting in God's area? Because is that what Heh means?

So if a person uses 'Heh math' to make something, either 1:4 or 1,000,000, would that then be a place to rest while sitting in God's area?

Yes, loanwords could also include math. If so, how come 'heh' has two different outcomes, either 1:4 = 5 or 1,000,000, yet means the same thing with God as God sits? Yud is spiritual, while Dalet is physical. Would that also sit in a god's resting place? Would Physical be sitting in the spiritual god's area then?
Wow, you're trying to find a maximum complicated connection .

Lemme blow your mind. Because there is a connection and it's far easier. This is the evolution of the Hebrew letter from Protosinaitic.
1000016145.jpg

You don't need any complicated symbolic math to find a connection. Instead, it's pretty plain

River Sea

View attachment 89184
this is an image of Egyptian Heh seated
View attachment 89187
And here you can see the Hehu standing while they support the celestial cow (sitting is not a requirement)

Yes. Hebrew Heh represents number 5.

I don't see a connection here... As I said "being seated" is not a defining feature of Egyptian god heh. There's plenty of gods that are shown seated, and instances of Heh standing.

No, I don't think that bridge holds. The word Abraham has a few more letters, Egyptian Heh is not defined by sitting and Hebrew letter Heh is usually said to mean "behold, reveal"

I don't think so.

Wow, you're trying to find a maximum complicated connection .

Lemme blow your mind. Because there is a connection and it's far easier. This is the evolution of the Hebrew letter from Protosinaitic.
View attachment 89185

You don't need any complicated symbolic math to find a connection. Instead, it's pretty plain
This is where I got the word seat

1709906445664.png

Annette Imhausen wrote that. I thought seated means sit: so what does seated mean then?

1709908524124.png

What is C11 Gardiner number
what is a gardener number, must read pdf to find out
Note: The combination of letter and number (“Gardiner number”) refers to the sign list in Gardiner,
Egyptian grammar

also I see word white lotus plant

what is white lotus plant?

are there any white lotus plants in Indus Valley @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

Last edited:

River Sea

@Tamino @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

Yud spiritual Dalet physical
Same as
Hebrew letter Heh is usually said to mean "behold, reveal
So Yud Dalet could mean behold reveal

And that's the letter H ה

sit stand means nothing

my being wrong when i saw that word seated

1709911300652.png

what is seated, don't know

maybe Annette Imhausen could help us know what does seated means

River Sea

1000016147.jpg

celestial cow
celestial sky

google search
Who is the Egyptian god Hehu?

Heh (god) - Wikipedia

Ḥeḥ (ḥḥ, also Huh, Hah, Hauh, Huah, and Hehu) was the personification of infinity or eternity in the Ogdoad in ancient Egyptian religion. His name originally meant "flood", referring to the watery chaos Nu that the Egyptians believed existed before the creation of the world.

Letter Heh God. god Hehu

I go to light who lives in me and allow light teach me how to drink from light in the midst of my situations. That's my simplicity

there's two other post above this one.

Here I also saw hh, and probably that's how they had it because probably back when there weren't any vowels yet. So no, Heh, because no, 'e' just hh so no hehu because no vowels of yet

Last edited:

Tamino

This is where I got the word seat

View attachment 89191
Annette Imhausen wrote that. I thought seated means sit: so what does seated mean then?
Annette Imhausen is perfectly correct. The hieroglyphs for 1000000 is the "seated god Heh"
As in: the god Heh, shown sitting down.

I just wanted to advice you against putting too much importance on the fact that the god is "seated". Heh is not defined by his posture. He may be shown sitting in this specific hieroglyph, but he can also be depicted standing or sitting on a throne.

View attachment 89194

What is C11 Gardiner number
what is a gardener number, must read pdf to find out
Note: The combination of letter and number (“Gardiner number”) refers to the sign list in Gardiner,
Egyptian grammar
Yes. Gardiner's sign list is the main reference tool for Egyptologists when it comes to all the different signs of the hieroglyph script.
also I see word white lotus plant

what is white lotus plant?
Yes, that's the sign for 100...

Tamino

Ḥeḥ (ḥḥ, also Huh, Hah, Hauh, Huah, and Hehu)
And
Here I also saw hh, and probably that's how they had it because probably back when there weren't any vowels yet. So no, Heh, because no, 'e' just hh so no hehu because no vowels of yet
Just to be clear: the Egyptians had vowels in their language! They just were not all written down.
That's why we are not sure how exactly that word would have sounded originally.
That's why you get all those speculative options like Heh, Hah, Hauh etc.
"Hehu" is just the plural. One Heh-God, many Hehu. (Yes, this god can appear on n multiple versions of himself...)

River Sea

Annette Imhausen is perfectly correct. The hieroglyphs for 1000000 is the "seated god Heh"
As in: the god Heh, shown sitting down.

I just wanted to advice you against putting too much importance on the fact that the god is "seated". Heh is not defined by his posture. He may be shown sitting in this specific hieroglyph, but he can also be depicted standing or sitting on a throne.

@Tamino
I won't place importance on either sitting or standing.

Thank you for explaining this.

Tamino

Very very interesting. Can you please provide the reference. Why cow? Could it be connected with biblical .Calf. at Sinai?
No, not really. It's more related to flood mythology, only in the Egyptian variation, the flood is made of beer and saves mankind.

The above is a reproduction of the image of the Celestial Cow as described in the associated Egyptian text in the tomb of Seti.
The text contains the Myth of the destruction of Mankind and the following story of the separation of Gods and Men, when Nut, in the form of a cow, lifts sun god Ra into the sky.

There's an excellent multilingual and interlinear translation on this page : Livre de la vache divine

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
  1. Borrowed? No. Purloined? Yes.
What? You mean that they gave them back when they were done with them??:D:D

Okay, seriously how can one not realize that a country that often ruled in the area being talked about, the area of modern day Israel, would probably pick up some loan words from those rulers. In fact at the time already stated by believers in this thread the Egyptian kingdom at that time extended north past modern day Syria:

800px-Egypt_NK_edit.svg.png

Of course some loan words are going to be left behind. They are not evidence for the Exodus.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
No, not really. It's more related to flood mythology, only in the Egyptian variation, the flood is made of beer and saves mankind.

The above is a reproduction of the image of the Celestial Cow as described in the associated Egyptian text in the tomb of Seti.
The text contains the Myth of the destruction of Mankind and the following story of the separation of Gods and Men, when Nut, in the form of a cow, lifts sun god Ra into the sky.

There's an excellent multilingual and interlinear translation on this page : Livre de la vache divine
This appears French. Is english available?

River Sea

Observe the "multilingual" bit. The website is French, the translation is French/English/German.
Here's the start of the text:
Vallée des rois = KV17 On the bottom of that page you can navigate to the next part.
@Bharat Jhunjhunwala

See screenshot. Showing the upper right. This is where I saw it, so I can translate it to English. Click on the area I highlighted in yellow, "English." I haven't clicked on English yet, so the line appears under French, so it's in French. After clicking on English, the website will switch to the English language.

1709998785610.png

If you don't see Google Translate, click on what I circled in red—see screenshot.
Google Translate will open up and pick a language.

1710003849959.png

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails

Does not translate. Says "There was a problem." Can you send the english pdf please?

Tamino

Does not translate. Says "There was a problem." Can you send the english pdf please?
You don't need to translate the page. Don't be afraid of the written French, it shares its latin roots with English, a lot of words are similar.
And you can safely ignore it:

Just go here: Vallée des rois = KV17

Scroll down past the introduction and the overview of the hieroglyph text.

Below you will find a translation, broken up sentence by sentence.
Each sentence is given in Hieroglyphs, French, English and German.

River Sea

You don't need to translate the page. Don't be afraid of the written French, it shares its latin roots with English, a lot of words are similar.
And you can safely ignore it:

Just go here: Vallée des rois = KV17

Scroll down past the introduction and the overview of the hieroglyph text.

Below you will find a translation, broken up sentence by sentence.
Each sentence is given in Hieroglyphs, French, English and German.

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala

English version here

THE BOOK OF THE COW FROM HEAVEN​

THE BOOK OF THE DIVINE COW​

Columns 1 - 15

I give the text verse by verse and for comparison the translations of:I give you all the hieroglyphic texts, in columns and for comparison translations issued from:
( in order )(in order):
Claire Lalouette = Sacred texts and profane texts from Ancient Egypt (Volume 2) Gallimard, 1989.
Rambova/Piankoff = The Shrines of Tut-ankh-Amon, Bollingen Series XL 1977,
Erik Hornung = Der Ägyptische Mythos von der Himmelskuh Göttingen, 1982.
Claire Lalouette = Sacred texts and profane texts from Ancient Egypt (Volume 2) Gallimard, 1989.
You will first find the columns at Sethy, then the lines verse by verse .
You will find, first, columns in Sethy's version, and afetr vers by vers

read below photo
1710260450731.png

Col 1- We can restore according to Ramses II and Ramses III:
verse 1:
001.gif

At Sethy we have:
001b.gif

After the god who came into existence on his own remained the king of men and gods
Then it became to pass that the majesty of Re, he who created himself......
Nun geschah es, daß Re erstrahlte - der Gott, der Von selber entstand,
verse 2:
002.gif

was remained the king
having been king
nachdem er das Königtum bekleidet hatte,
verse 3:
003.gif

men and gods, who then constituted a single “thing”.
of men as well as of the gods.
als Menschen und Götter (noch) vereint waren .
verse 4:
004.gif

Col 2-
verse 5:
005.gif

At Sethy we have:
005b.gif

Now His Majesty (Re), may he be alive, prosperous and in good health - was growing old; his bones were silver,
As to his majesty, let him live, be safe and in good health, be had grown old, his bones became like silver,
denn Seine Majestät war ja alt geworden, und seine Knochen waren Silber,

Continue next message below

River Sea

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala

English version here

THE BOOK OF THE COW FROM HEAVEN​

THE BOOK OF THE DIVINE COW​

Columns 1 - 15

I give the text verse by verse and for comparison the translations of:I give you all the hieroglyphic texts, in columns and for comparison translations issued from:
( in order )(in order):
You will first find the columns at Sethy, then the lines verse by verse .You will find, first, columns in Sethy's version, and afetr vers by vers

read below photo
View attachment 89355

Col 1- We can restore according to Ramses II and Ramses III:
verse 1:
001.gif

At Sethy we have:
001b.gif

After the god who came into existence on his own remained the king of men and gods
Then it became to pass that the majesty of Re, he who created himself......
Nun geschah es, daß Re erstrahlte - der Gott, der Von selber entstand,
verse 2:
002.gif

was remained the king
having been king
nachdem er das Königtum bekleidet hatte,
verse 3:
003.gif

men and gods, who then constituted a single “thing”.
of men as well as of the gods.
als Menschen und Götter (noch) vereint waren .
verse 4:
004.gif

Col 2-
verse 5:
005.gif

At Sethy we have:
005b.gif

Now His Majesty (Re), may he be alive, prosperous and in good health - was growing old; his bones were silver,
As to his majesty, let him live, be safe and in good health, be had grown old, his bones became like silver,
denn Seine Majestät war ja alt geworden, und seine Knochen waren Silber,

Continue next message below
continue from message above

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala English
I don't know where I'm at to continue to copy and paste any more. See the message above. Where I began. It was to long for me to place it in one poste.

How about downloading it into your word or libreoffice and then translating it there?
Let me know if that helps.

Last edited:

River Sea

@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @Tamino

THE BOOK OF THE DIVINE COW SOUTH ANNEX​

Legends of the characters of the central scene​

Here are the hieroglyphs around the characters in detail.

The text describing the legends and colors of the bas-reliefs is clearly explained in columns 44 to 55.

From left to right we have as scenes:

1710287588559.png

The sentence corresponds to verse 201: He who procreates, he who listens, pillar of Heaven! Then,
1710287627781.png

Then,
1710287672068.png

Then,
1710287713020.png

1710291078757.png

Central scene, Around the characters surrounding the cow we find hieroglyphic legends

Last edited:

River Sea

1000016147.jpg

There's an excellent multilingual and interlinear translation on this page

Gopalak cow worship compare to Celestial cow @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @Tamino
Scroll down translate to English

Spiritual monthly magazine published from Geeta Press Gorakhpur
Click below to read the monthly issues of Kalyan

Here's Kalyan for May 2023

http://www.kalyan-gitapress.org/pdf/may_2023.pdf
Here's an example showing cows.
Maybe I can use Google Lens to translate this page, or maybe you can help explain what this page says, @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

Good News I was able to translate this page.
Keep scrolling to the bottom of this post to see in English. I also show how.
Keep in mind that this is one of the pages in the pdf.
1715138991018.png

Now showing without instructions how to translate.
I'll only copy and paste the translation. PDF Page 7 from Hindi to English

http://www.kalyan-gitapress.org/pdf/may_2023.pdf
PDF page 7

Gopalak cow worship
Among the many purposes of God's incarnation, worship and protection of cows is also an important purpose, because all the gods reside inside the cows. The cow is divine. By singing and worshiping, all the gods are worshiped and their blessings are also obtained. In this world, Gaika has a place like a mother; Because like mother, she is the embodiment of affection. That is why Gopal made his name Gopal meaningful by starting his childhood with cow worship.
Cows were very dear to Gopal. He used to serve them very well. One day Lord Krishna said to his friends - 'Friends! There is no one in the world as helpful as a cow. She nourishes us like a mother by giving us milk, curd and ghee like nectar, hence she is worshiped and worshiped like a mother. Today is Gopashtami. We will decorate the cow very well with flowers and gems. We will offer him various types of dishes and worship him thoroughly with all the treatments. There is no greater virtue in the world than cow service and cow worship and there is no greater blessing from any god or sage than his blessings. Worship of cows is God-worship, the one who serves and worships them is free from the troubles of the world.
Nothing is rare. Therefore, today we will all express our gratitude to these affectionate cow-mothers by serving them for their infinite kindness. It was late due to Gopal's order that all the cowherds
Many types of flowers like marigold, Malti, Hibiscus, lotus etc. were piled up. All the people together decorated the cows in various ways, decorated them with different types of necklaces and flower garlands and tied sweet-sounding bells around their necks. Lord Shyamsundar himself decorated the cows and fed them various types of dishes. All the cows stood up quietly and accepted his worship and filled the cowherds' bags with their silent blessings in their hearts. At last Gopal along with all the cowherd boys accepted the remaining Prasad from the cows with great love.
Dressing up the singer Karavat at the door of Shyam Kharik. The neck fair necklace was decorated with horns in many ways. The bell's neck is covered with pearl plates on the back. Kinkini Nupur's feet are in constant progress. By this method, the beauty of Vraj cow's beauty increased immensely. Blissful Lord Dhenu, in all his attire, everyone is a fool. The beautiful form of Lord Krishna's cows and
Describing the adornment, Maharishi Gargaji writes: They resembled white mountains and were adorned with divine ornaments They were decorated with bells and chains and a network of bells They had golden horns and necklaces equal to gold.
That is, millions of beautiful cows are seen at every door there. Those cows are adorned with divine ornaments and appear like white mountains. Their bells and bells keep making melodious sounds. The horns of those cows adorned with red nets have been plated with gold. She wears golden necklaces and garlands. Radiance keeps emanating from his body parts.
Please click expand to read in English