• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dua during Ramadan

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What is dua.
Origin: دعاء, from دعا. In the terminology of Islam, duʿāʾ literally meaning invocation, is an act of supplication. The term is derived from an Arabic word meaning to 'call out' or to 'summon', and Muslims regard this as a profound act of worship. This is when Muslims from all over connect with God and ask him for forgiveness and favors.

RAMADAN DUAS FOR THREE ASHRAS

The month of Ramadan offers Muslims the chance to seek salvation with each Ashra representing its own form of recompense. There are three Ashras in Ramadan each of which has a separate dua. The first Ashra, or 10 days, represents mercy, the next forgiveness and the last salvation from the hellfire.

DUA FOR FIRST ASHRA
The first 10 days of Ramadan signify Allah’s mercy with the purpose to practice mercy towards other brethren. Here is a dua for first 10 days of Ramadan:

• Ramadan first Ashra dua: Rabbi ighfir warham wa anta khayrur raahimeen
  • English translation: O my Lord! Forgive me and have mercy and You are the best, most merciful
DUA FOR SECOND ASHRA
The second Ashra is a time for forgiveness. During this stage, Muslims ask for Allah’s pardon and seek repentance from sins. The dua that can be recited during the second Ashra is:

• Dua: Astagfirullaha rab-bi min kulli zambiyon wa-atoobuilaiyh
  • English translation: I ask for forgiveness from Allah, my Lord, from every sin I committed
DUA FOR THIRD ASHRA
The third and last Ashra ends on the 29th or 30th of Ramadan and holds special significance for Muslims since it represents protection from the hellfire. Additionally, the most important night of the Islamic calendar, Laylat-ul-Qadr, also falls during this time. The dua for the last 10 days of Ramadan is:

• Dua for third Ashra of Ramadan: Allahumma Ajirni minan naar
  • English translation: O Allah, save me from the hellfire
Ramadan duas: Duas for Ashras, Breaking Fast and more - MYBayut