• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doubting Atheist

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I have self doubt, and i often question myself too. About my lack of belief in God, i am very sure there is none. God is very important to me because by definition God is the perfect being. There is none perfection in nature. Nature has no ideals in it. And nothing divine is governing humanity or nature. If God existed i would be in utter shock. And i would protest this way of dealing with humanity and every other animal.
Thats hilarious. Very sure.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I have self doubt, and i often question myself too. About my lack of belief in God, i am very sure there is none. God is very important to me because by definition God is the perfect being. There is none perfection in nature. Nature has no ideals in it. And nothing divine is governing humanity or nature. If God existed i would be in utter shock. And i would protest this way of dealing with humanity and every other animal.

being perfect is to be loving.

18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. God is Love. God/Love is perfect.

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
As a whole I have never found ny atheist to be introspective but I am sure such atheists exist. My constant searching for happiness and wisdom made me religious again and was the main culprit I was an unhappy atheist for some years.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
i find that one second in nature traveling one inch destroys all the nonsense in science and religion. But getting to that one second and one inch is often times hinderd by religion and science. I recently have turned to music as a more clearly articuated view for me. I find philo-dork-hical writing absurd since its accedemic dorks.

So i could write a book on say the unconscious? God? Nature? Cosmos? And prattle on philosophically but i find the compact quality of music cuts through the nonsense.

So when tom waites sings the following it says a lot in very very clear ways not easily understood in science, in religion, in the CULT-ure books. Simply because most have not traveled that one inch from themselves to the landscape, nor have they had but one second to hear the landscape speak.books dont get us there directly. We tend to talk over it read over it and project that onto it as being facts. Its not its just us projecting what we have read and parroted which is in-CULT-ure-ated in us starting as small children is all. Thats why artists tend to tap into feelings from before schooling. Which is what fish do they school and we are about that dumb.

But there's one thing you can't lose, it's that feel
You can throw it off a bridge, you can lose it in the fire
You can leave it at the altar, it will make you out a liar
Fall down in the street, you can leave it in the lurch
Well, you say that it's gospel but I know that it's only church"

As an artist this makes total sense to everyone else its invisible to most. In science in religion especially.

the power of music to help.

The Moment

The moment when, after many years
of hard work and a long voyage
you stand in the centre of your room,
house, half-acre, square mile, island, country,
knowing at last how you got there,
and say, I own this,

is the same moment when the trees unloose
their soft arms from around you,
the birds take back their language,
the cliffs fissure and collapse,
the air moves back from you like a wave
and you can't breathe.

No, they whisper. You own nothing.
You were a visitor, time after time
climbing the hill, planting the flag, proclaiming.
We never belonged to you.
You never found us.
It was always the other way round.

Margaret Atwood

Last edited:

David T

Premium Member
the power of music to help.

The Moment

The moment when, after many years
of hard work and a long voyage
you stand in the centre of your room,
house, half-acre, square mile, island, country,
knowing at last how you got there,
and say, I own this,

is the same moment when the trees unloose
their soft arms from around you,
the birds take back their language,
the cliffs fissure and collapse,
the air moves back from you like a wave
and you can't breathe.

No, they whisper. You own nothing.
You were a visitor, time after time
climbing the hill, planting the flag, proclaiming.
We never belonged to you.
You never found us.
It was always the other way round.

Margaret Atwood
Wierd isnt it. The poetic voice always seems to be the clearest and least understood.