• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Double Minded Atheist

Unification

To believe or not to believe that is the question. There are many atheist that proclaim to Know for certain that God doesn't exist. Most of these individuals ride the coat tails of George Lemaitre and Charles Darwin as if any of these men were died hard atheist. The truth of the matter is neither one of these men denounced God. George balanced his life with God and science and Darwin instead of saying there is no God, just kept silent and stated " In my most extreme fluctuations I have never been an atheist in the sense of denying the existence of a God."

A human being that trusts and listens to their conscience and acquires wisdom, knowledge, and understanding as opposed to sacrificing wisdom, knowledge, and understanding for idol images of things not outside to be seen is rare these days.

Unification

It seems to me that you hold this passing world too highly. You are not doing your homework. You have quoted Psalm 157.9 which does not exist. It is Psalm 137.9 which says "Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. “The background is that the Psalmist is cursing the enemies of the Lord. He wants God to be glorified with the defeat of His enemies. It is generally held that the death of babies, who are not of an age of accountability, will be judged accordingly, and go to be with the Lord. That covers most of your objections which seems to be about children.
Now you talk about God hardening Pharaoh’s heart. Have you not read that before that, that Pharaoh hardened his own heart against the Israelites by putting the Israelites into hard labor in Egypt? God was merely using the decision that Pharaoh had already made for His glory.
You say that YHWH God is not a God of love. God gives you food and shelter and work. He gives you the ability to make your own decision as to where you want to spend eternity and Christ has made that available for us through His death. The fact is that the LORD God is a holy God and hates sin which afflicts you and me and this sick world where there is hate, murder and destruction. But God is merciful that He does not pour out His judgment and wrath on this present world. You must also understand this, you cannot refuse to believe in God, because He does not measure up to your imperfect standard. That is eternally dangerous. Compared to God, we know nothing at all.
The real problem for many people is that this is the God with whom we have to do. You cannot wish Him away. It is like standing on the railway tracks and wishing that the train wasn’t coming. You had better have another look at Jesus Christ our Lord.
Christ’s prophet. Certainty for eternity.

The doctrine of this mind has put more minds into slavery and labor than need be.

Thankfully, many are being called out of slavery by dashing those children(thoughts) against the rock.

Unification

It seems to me that you hold this passing world too highly. You are not doing your homework. You have quoted Psalm 157.9 which does not exist. It is Psalm 137.9 which says "Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. “The background is that the Psalmist is cursing the enemies of the Lord. He wants God to be glorified with the defeat of His enemies. It is generally held that the death of babies, who are not of an age of accountability, will be judged accordingly, and go to be with the Lord. That covers most of your objections which seems to be about children.
Now you talk about God hardening Pharaoh’s heart. Have you not read that before that, that Pharaoh hardened his own heart against the Israelites by putting the Israelites into hard labor in Egypt? God was merely using the decision that Pharaoh had already made for His glory.
You say that YHWH God is not a God of love. God gives you food and shelter and work. He gives you the ability to make your own decision as to where you want to spend eternity and Christ has made that available for us through His death. The fact is that the LORD God is a holy God and hates sin which afflicts you and me and this sick world where there is hate, murder and destruction. But God is merciful that He does not pour out His judgment and wrath on this present world. You must also understand this, you cannot refuse to believe in God, because He does not measure up to your imperfect standard. That is eternally dangerous. Compared to God, we know nothing at all.
The real problem for many people is that this is the God with whom we have to do. You cannot wish Him away. It is like standing on the railway tracks and wishing that the train wasn’t coming. You had better have another look at Jesus Christ our Lord.

It seems on high that the passing of this world(frame of mind/worldview) of trying to justify evil through taking inner writings and non historical writings externally with attempt to indoctrinate others who have eyes to see and ears to hear is good and of love.

I hate to bring tidings of good news to you my friend, but that mindset is passing and you are holding onto deceit too highly. Verily, the truth will set you free.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
This god has not spoken to me or presented himself to me. I have not seen any evidence that this god interacts with this world or with humans in any way. It's like he doesn't exist. I go about my life as if that god does not exist because I have no reason to do otherwise. I suspect most atheists do the same. It's not a wishing away of god; it's an observation that there is no good evidence leading me to believe in the existence of god(s). I would say that all available evidence points to the contrary.