• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does any supernatural god exist?

Does any supernatural god exist?

• Certainly

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Certainly not

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Certainly don't know

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters

Ajax

I can’t figure out what you are trying to say.

A cultural clash, perhaps?

Can you please explain the meaning in your culture of this tiny, tiny symbol on my I-phone?

Or at least enlarge it so we can actually see it.

Maybe I can figure it out myself, if I knew what it was.
My mistake, I thought we were only talking about the Christian God, in which case couldn't figure out why other cultures' beliefs were relevant, but then noticed that the thread's title is about any supernatural God.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If it's the "end result," you should be able to demonstrate it. Again, please show me consciousness, and then explain the process in how the chemical and electrical interaction of information in the the neuron produces it. Assuming the "information" you're speaking of is contained within the nucleus of the neuron, please explain how the "information" interacts with the chemicals and electrical signals producing consciousness.

If you cannot demonstrate consciousness and how it's produced, I'll conclude that your statement is merely a claim based on an assumption.
Neural correlates of consciousness - Wikipedia, Neural circuit - Wikipedia, Neural encoding of sound - Wikipedia, Neuronal acetylcholine receptor subunit alpha-5 - Wikipedia, etc.

Banach-Tarski Paradox

My mistake, I thought we were only talking about the Christian God, in which case couldn't figure out why other cultures' beliefs were relevant, but then noticed that the thread's title is about any supernatural God.

How can one understand the Christian God without understanding other cultures?

You seem to be suggesting that only your own culture matters, and that other cultures are irrelevant.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
From your first link...

The set should be minimal because, under the materialist assumption that the brain is sufficient to give rise to any given conscious experience, the question is which of its components are necessary to produce it.​
What I said before you posted the link...
If you cannot demonstrate consciousness and how it's produced, I'll conclude that your statement is merely a claim based on an assumption.

Thank you.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
The sensory organs and neurons. One gives the input, others analyze and store it. When necessary, motor organs perform the action as demanded by neurons. Some actions are autonomous.
Again, thank you for the materialist assumption.

Ajax

How can one understand the Christian God without understanding other cultures?

You seem to be suggesting that only your own culture matters, and that other cultures are irrelevant.
I don't have any evidence, hence I don't believe in anything supernatural. Whatever other cultures believe about supernatural, serves only as a comparison of human imagination for me.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I don't have any evidence, hence I don't believe in anything supernatural. Whatever other cultures believe about supernatural, serves only as a comparison of human imagination for me.

I hold the same view for that the universe is natural/material/physical and not just for supernatural.

Banach-Tarski Paradox

Please don't presume to speak for me.

I can entertain viewpoints that I don't personally subscribe to. If you can't, that's a "you" thing (and probably not as universal as you're assuming).

This was your statement about worldviews.

How is my agreeing with you somehow speaking for you?

You don’t take agreement very well. I thought you were perceptive. Perhaps you disagree, and perhaps you don’t.

Ah - I get it: you're so deep into your own worldview that you can't relate to others except through your own paradigm, even though it doesn't fit.