• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think your Ideal World/Society is possible in Future?

Do you think your Ideal World/Society is possible in Future?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I dont know

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Phil25

Do you think your Ideal World/Society is possible in Future? For some, their Ideal society would be a place where everyone cares about Enviroment, for others it maybe a place where everyone follows a specific Religion. But do you, rationally, think that your Ideal World is Possible?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is possible. It is a place where everyone respects life. It is not a perfect place and everyone is not of the same religion. But there everyone loves the WHOLE and each other.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
No, because it violates the current laws of this-world in so many ways it isn't even funny.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Personally I do not think that a perfect society is even desirable, let alone possible. Chaos, change and uncertainty all have benefits.

When considering the Christian concept of heaven for example - it has always struck me as more nightmarish than utopian.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I don't think an ideal or utopic world is possible, but something considered "utopic" relative to our current society, yes. It depends which way we want to go.

I think at the very least, we'll have to make some serious change if we want humanity to continue. The environment isn't going to magically get better for us. Now that would be delusional!

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Depends how far you mean.

There are many places in the world that are peaceful and prosperous and free, and have the highest self-reported happiness and other more objective measures of well-being like health and education. If some spots can do it, in theory, all parts can.

But violent crime happens everywhere. There's always a subset of people that are malevolent.

And disease and suffering happens everywhere; there's only so much that medicine and surgery can do so far. Plus I think a global lack of environmentalism and overpopulation is really going to do us in pretty hard one day.

So I mean I don't think any utopias will happen, but clearly some countries serve as models for what could be, compared to other countries.

InChrist

Free4ever
I believe it is possible only through the return and reign of Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace upon the earth.