• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Decision to Resign or Not

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay, since I've been thinking about this since last week, I think it's time to share the decision I've made at this time. I also admit that the timing is interesting, because another staff member (@Smart_Guy) recently resigned. :D

Recently, I've been very stressed out because of offline issues having to do with school, family, and feeling discouraged (as a result of multiple factors), among other things. Coupled with feeling increasing stress from staff work here due to how many things we've been working on, I've thought about stepping down from my position on the staff. I've talked about this with some fellow staff members but didn't make it "official" by announcing it formally, because it has just been this: a thought. I also didn't want to add one more thing to the list of things the staff have been focusing on at this time so as not to add to the stress.

The decision I've reached is to continue on the staff. Currently, I've been more or less continually active since I was hired in late 2012, with complete breaks that haven't exceeded two or three months (at least I don't recall any that were longer). I love this forum, its sense of community, and what it stands for, so I find that working to help run it is more than worth the effort.

Also—and I'm only mentioning this because I find it relevant to this thread, not because I want to brag—several members have recently thanked me and expressed that they think I have made the forum a better place. The feeling I got from those thanks made all of the work I've put into running this forum so far feel more than worth it. It gives me motivation to keep trying my best to serve the forum and its community.

Finally, I don't feel it would be proper to finish this post without thanking the staff for everything they've done over the years. It has been a pleasure of mine to work with them. And, of course, I'd like to thank all members who have made me want to stay on this forum—and there are many of them. As corny as this might sound, I mean it: I'm happy to have served and to serve you and the forum, and I will continue to do so as long as I have the energy and motivation to handle the stress that inevitably comes with staff work here, especially when there's a lot of work to do.

What can I say? Now the staff need all the consolation they can get because I'm staying with them. Sorry, my poor colleagues. :D

*puts on admin T-shirt and hands RF chocolate and hands the staff bribes not to complain*

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
The decision I've reached is to continue on the staff.
*puts on admin T-shirt and hands RF chocolate and hands the staff bribes not to complain*

You didn't half scare me with that. You're a great admin and you make the forum a better place just by being here and red. I'm chuffed you decided to stick it out. (Giggidy! :D) Long may that continue :)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Okay, since I've been thinking about this since last week, I think it's time to share the decision I've made at this time. I also admit that the timing is interesting, because another staff member (@Smart_Guy) recently resigned. :D

Recently, I've been very stressed out because of offline issues having to do with school, family, and feeling discouraged (as a result of multiple factors), among other things. Coupled with feeling increasing stress from staff work here due to how many things we've been working on, I've thought about stepping down from my position on the staff. I've talked about this with some fellow staff members but didn't make it "official" by announcing it formally, because it has just been this: a thought. I also didn't want to add one more thing to the list of things the staff have been focusing on at this time so as not to add to the stress.

The decision I've reached is to continue on the staff. Currently, I've been more or less continually active since I was hired in late 2012, with complete breaks that haven't exceeded two or three months (at least I don't recall any that were longer). I love this forum, its sense of community, and what it stands for, so I find that working to help run it is more than worth the effort.

Also—and I'm only mentioning this because I find it relevant to this thread, not because I want to brag—several members have recently thanked me and expressed that they think I have made the forum a better place. The feeling I got from those thanks made all of the work I've put into running this forum so far feel more than worth it. It gives me motivation to keep trying my best to serve the forum and its community.

Finally, I don't feel it would be proper to finish this post without thanking the staff for everything they've done over the years. It has been a pleasure of mine to work with them. And, of course, I'd like to thank all members who have made me want to stay on this forum—and there are many of them. As corny as this might sound, I mean it: I'm happy to have served and to serve you and the forum, and I will continue to do so as long as I have the energy and motivation to handle the stress that inevitably comes with staff work here, especially when there's a lot of work to do.

What can I say? Now the staff need all the consolation they can get because I'm staying with them. Sorry, my poor colleagues. :D

You may take a break as one option.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
DS, I have great admiration for you. I hope you stay on as a mod, but that's a selfish statement. If you need a break, just do it. Nobody should feel obligated in any sense at all, if maintaining this forum interferes with personal life. Same goes in the real word for any volunteer anywhere. When it comes to personal health, some people have difficulty saying, 'No'. Not really sure of your personal case of course, and I trust you can make a wise decision, based on the many wise decisions you've made on here.

idav

Being
Premium Member
The decision I've reached is to continue on the staff.
Well seems I'm pretty healthy cause I didn't almost just have a heart attack.:)

I'm glad your sticking to your guns, I can understand it can be stressful at times. With staff and members being from various cultures in backgrounds I imagine it isn't always easy be very deeply involved in RF.