• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Debate

chuck010342

I like to debate as some of you already know. I would love to do a one on one debate, however I'm not sure what the topic should be. I have decided to put myself out there and let my opponets pick the topic. So let me know via IM or AIM or posting here for a debate.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
chuck010342 said:
I like to debate as some of you already know. I would love to do a one on one debate, however I'm not sure what the topic should be. I have decided to put myself out there and let my opponets pick the topic. So let me know via IM or AIM or posting here for a debate.
hmmmmmm
so you dont even know what your agruing about

now our chance boys - get him while he's uncertain :sarcastic

seriously though

lets debate religions that preach on the street - is this good or bad for both that religion and its followers and is it good or bad for society?

i think it is good for churchs to reach out and bless the local community - but i think to stand on a street corner and shout bible verses is not the way to gain peoples interest

what do others think? do the rest of you think? i cant hear you :bonk:

chuck010342

corrupt_preist said:
hmmmmmm
so you dont even know what your agruing about

now our chance boys - get him while he's uncertain :sarcastic

seriously though

lets debate religions that preach on the street - is this good or bad for both that religion and its followers and is it good or bad for society?

i think it is good for churchs to reach out and bless the local community - but i think to stand on a street corner and shout bible verses is not the way to gain peoples interest

what do others think? do the rest of you think? i cant hear you :bonk:

well you have to define which religion we are talking about.

Lady Crimson

credo quia absurdum
I don't agree with that kind of preaching...I don't agree with any religion corrupting the beliefs of another. If a person is interested in another religion, than that person should search information about it but if the person doesn't want to know about the religion, than why try to corrupt the person's beliefs?

robtex

Veteran Member
Chuck I am not online enough to have a one-on-one with you but i think a great topic for you and somebody else would be, "Is Jesus our savior" You could argue the pro side of course.

chuck010342

Lady Crimson said:
I don't agree with that kind of preaching...I don't agree with any religion corrupting the beliefs of another. If a person is interested in another religion, than that person should search information about it but if the person doesn't want to know about the religion, than why try to corrupt the person's beliefs?

Just in that one religion, what about the other side of the argument, what if you are wrong?