• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death penalty: Are you for or against it?

Are you for or against the death penalty?

• Total voters

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
As for me, I'm for it and think it should be expanded for certain crimes. I've seen enough to know that some people are really just evil and some of things that they do to humans or animals is just unspeakable, and they should be removed from the earth for justice's sake. I don't even care about the deterrence argument. It's about justice, to me.

These are the things I think it should be expanded to include:

Violent rape
Sadistic animal abuse and torture
Pimping
Human trafficking
Poaching (especially of endangered/protected species)
Drug lords
Child molestation and rape
Knowingly taking part in and facilitating human rights abuses
Knowingly causing or facilitating financial disasters (that would clear out Wall Street and many politicians pretty quick, lol)

In my opinion, if there's airtight evidence that has been proven not to have been faked by an impartial panel of experts (biological, audio, video, documents, etc.), they should be denied an appeal, denied plea deals and fast-tracked on death row. If such evidence does not exist, they should be allowed appeals.

As for methods of carrying out the death sentence, I believe in scrapping silliness like lethal injection, gas chambers, etc. and just putting a bullet into their head.

Also, I agree that the prison system and legal system needs a drastic overhaul. But much of this is idealism and not necessarily supporting the broken, corrupt system that exists now. In other words, it's what I'd like to see. I believe in rehabilitating those who can be rehabilitated - not all can be, such as psychopaths and those with similar brain abnormalities such as ASPD - but I also believe in justice and that there are some crimes that only monsters would commit in the first place.

So what's your opinion on this?

Curious George

Veteran Member
As for me, I'm for it and think it should be expanded for certain crimes. I've seen enough to know that some people are really just evil and some of things that they do to humans or animals is just unspeakable, and they should be removed from the earth for justice's sake. I don't even care about the deterrence argument. It's about justice, to me.

These are the things I think it should be expanded to include:

Violent rape
Sadistic animal abuse and torture
Pimping
Human trafficking
Poaching (especially of endangered/protected species)
Drug lords
Child molestation and rape
Knowingly taking part in and facilitating human rights abuses
Knowingly causing or facilitating financial disasters (that would clear out Wall Street and many politicians pretty quick, lol)

In my opinion, if there's airtight evidence that has been proven not to have been faked by an impartial panel of experts (biological, audio, video, documents, etc.), they should be denied an appeal and fast-tracked on death row. If such evidence does not exist, they should be allowed appeals.

As for methods of carrying out the death sentence, I believe in scrapping silliness like lethal injection, gas chambers, etc. and just putting a bullet into their head.

Also, I agree that the prison system and legal system needs a drastic overhaul. But much of this is idealism and not necessarily supporting the broken, corrupt system that exists now. In other words, it's what I'd like to see. I believe in rehabilitating those who can be rehabilitated - not all can be, such as psychopaths and those with similar brain abnormalities such as ASPD - but I also believe in justice and that there are some crimes that only monsters would commit in the first place.

So what's your opinion on this?
I support a the death penalty for those who would choose it. Expanding the death penalty though is not a good idea. If it is imposed it should only follow for those who have, with malice aforethought, taken the lives of others.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I think the death penalty is valid and I support it but I haven't put a lot of thought into specifics lately.

I'm sure it will continue to be drug out even in the most clear cut cases and eventually removed altogether because prisoners are a huge cash crop - especially in the U.S. - combined with the voices of people who abhor the idea of any physical or lethal punishment, it is an inevitable thing.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I support a the death penalty for those who would choose it. Expanding the death penalty though is not a good idea. If it is imposed it should only follow for those who have, with malice aforethought, taken the lives of others.
I don't really see how that would work. What sort of justice is it when they can choose their own consequence? That would be make for a very, very bizarre and unequal justice system.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I think the death penalty is valid and I support it but I haven't put a lot of thought into specifics lately.

I'm sure it will continue to be drug out even in the most clear cut cases and eventually removed altogether because prisoners are a huge cash crop - especially in the U.S. - combined with the voices of people who abhor the idea of any physical or lethal punishment, it is an inevitable thing.
Really, what sparked this thread was reading a news story about a guy in Nevada who got dogs off of Craigslist and brutally tortured and dismembered them. He tried to blame it on drugs, but you could just feel the evil radiating off of him in his mug shot. They gave him the maximum sentence - 28 years. I actually cringed while reading the description of what he did to them. That doesn't happen often.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Both. I support it in that I think it is totally acceptable to end someone's life when they've demonstrated they don't deserve to keep it, but I'm against it because I don't think any government should be able to kill their own citizens.
I can understand that view, as an anarchist.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Really, what sparked this thread was reading a news story about a guy in Nevada who got dogs off of Craigslist and brutally tortured and dismembered them. He tried to blame it on drugs, but you could just feel the evil radiating off of him in his mug shot. They gave him the maximum sentence - 28 years. I actually cringed while reading the description of what he did to them. That doesn't happen often.

It is horrible.

Maybe the only thing I would find acceptable for the worse cases other than death penalty is banishment old school style + tracking chip...where to send them though...

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
It is horrible.

Maybe the only thing I would find acceptable for the worse cases other than death penalty is banishment old school style + tracking chip...where to send them though...
I'd send them into the desert with nothing but the clothes on their back. Have fun!

If I let my inner sadist out, I'd say bring back the Medieval tortures. Those were tons of fun and very inventive. :D

MD

qualiaphile

This man shouldn't be executed, he will be anally raped and tortured by black, white and Mexican gangs for years as soon as someone finds out why he's there. He might eventually be killed too, after years of rape.

There is a deeper sense of justice in the prison that the courts. Pedophiles are routinely murdered in jail as well. Many prison guards turn the other way. There is an instinctive sense of justice which is deep within all human beings to eliminate evil from the gene pool as quickly as possible. The legal system tries to impose a sense of forced compassion for monsters, but many of them face justice eventually.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
This man shouldn't be executed, he will be anally raped and tortured by black, white and Mexican gangs for years as soon as someone finds out why he's there. He might eventually be killed too, after years of rape.

There is a deeper sense of justice in the prison that the courts. Pedophiles are routinely murdered in jail as well. Many prison guards turn the other way. There is an instinctive sense of justice which is deep within all human beings to eliminate evil from the gene pool as quickly as possible. The legal system tries to impose a sense of forced compassion for monsters, but many of them face justice eventually.
Reminds me of Jeffrey Dahmer being beaten to death in prison. Oops. Lol.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Forced labour work , sort of slavery will be a better solutions for the who ones can be never good and corrected.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I think if you yourself could take someone's life, then death penalty is for you, myself I cannot do that, so its not for me.
Sure, I could. If they deserve it. Hell, if someone killed or grievously harmed my mom or one of my pets, there's a good chance I'd go all Punisher on them.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Sure, I could. If they deserve it. Hell, if someone killed or grievously harmed my mom or one of my pets, there's a good chance I'd go all Punisher on them.
So its really revenge, what about the person who did the killing, why did they do that, and what caused them to do that, do you ever think about that ?.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
So its really revenge, what about the person who did the killing, why did they do that, and what caused them to do that, do you ever think about that ?.
It's about justice and people getting what they deserve. If you want to call it revenge, fine. I don't care.

Yes, I know all the possible reasons someone could have for doing something heinous. "Oh, I was abused as a child." So what? So was I and millions of other people who didn't do such things. You have a choice. But then there's the people who are just born evil and can't use any excuses to try to solicit pity.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
It's about justice and people getting what they deserve. If you want to call it revenge, fine. I don't care.

Yes, I know all the possible reasons someone could have for doing something heinous. "Oh, I was abused as a child." So what? So was I and millions of other people who didn't do such things. You have a choice. But then there's the people who are just born evil and can't use any excuses to try to solicit pity.
I wouldn't call murder upon murder justice. All it gets you is more murder. Doesn't solve anything.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I wouldn't call murder upon murder justice. All it gets you is more murder. Doesn't solve anything.
Murder is a legal term. Sometimes taking out murderers and such saves lives. For example, Ted Bundy escaped from jail and he went on to murder and brutalize some more women. But all that stopped after he was executed.

psychoslice

Veteran Member

I am sorry friend, but I cannot agree with you, we all do what we do, and that is very complicated, people who do these things, such as murder only do it because that is how their programmed and conditioned to do, this conditioning may have come from their childhood or whatever, they only do what they do, because of this programming, this realization is compassion, its either you have it or not.