• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College...oh, college!

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Ooh! Pleasant surprise, y'all! Sending transcripts from the two community colleges I went to is free!!!!!!!! :bounce :jiggy: :bounce

One of them will only let you request two per day...and it's just after midnight here so I will have to wait until after midnight today to request the other two. How frustrating! But yea, all I have left to do besides that is send my SAT scores!!!!! :D :D :D

This isn't as bad as I thought it would be. But now the really hard part is here--THE WAIT! I am gonna go NUTS! :tribal:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Ok I feel like the dumbest person. I didn't look carefully enough at the requirements for CSU...it says you have to have a minimum of 60 credits to transfer. I have 51. I could take 3 more classes but I already sent it the application. Does anyone know if they ever waiver with this particular thing? Omg I am heartbroken....I feel so stupid...and so sad. CSU was my #1 choice. :thud:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Ok, wait!!!!! It says this:

Minimum number of credits a transfer applicant must have: 60

It also says this.......

Transfer applicants with fewer than 56 semester units or 84 quarter units must submit either ACT or SAT scores and high school transcript.

Which I am going to do...so I should be good right?

Stellify

StarChild
Yeah! Sounds like you should be fine! I had to send in my SAT when I transferred for the same reason. They just want to make sure you've taken certain basic classes recently enough that you'll be ok going to their college, I think.
Woo!
:dan:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Yeah! Sounds like you should be fine! I had to send in my SAT when I transferred for the same reason. They just want to make sure you've taken certain basic classes recently enough that you'll be ok going to their college, I think.
Woo!
:dan:

Phew! Ok, I think it's ok, too. Thank you! I had a panic attack for about 5 minutes! Ahh! :bounce

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Don't stress! You'll be fine :D

This whole thing is really bringing out the neurosis, can't ya tell? :D

I have virtually no short term memory so maybe...somehow...I will forget I even applied and what not! Til I get a letter one day that says, "Hey, come to our school! P.S.--You're awesome!" Hahaha:rolleyes: I'm really not full of myself, I just like being ridiculous. :D

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'm sure it will all be fine. I don't think a lot of those things are really as hard as everyone says.

I remember in 6th grade, the teachers all said "You just wait until middle school (7th and 8th grade) They won't let you go back to your locker to get your homework in middle school... You'll have to give ten minute speeches in middle school... It's going to be much harder than 6th grade..."

So I was thinking "OH NO!!" O_O

But really it wasn't harder at all. We did fewer speeches and they didn't have to be any longer than the 6th grade ones, and they let me go back to my locker all the time... It's all lies to scare you.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
This whole thing is really bringing out the neurosis, can't ya tell? :D

I have virtually no short term memory so maybe...somehow...I will forget I even applied and what not! Til I get a letter one day that says, "Hey, come to our school! P.S.--You're awesome!" Hahaha:rolleyes: I'm really not full of myself, I just like being ridiculous. :D

I make jokes like that. When I get a student bill from my school (which lately is them paying me) I 'read' it out loud, making up my own words:

"Dear Hannah,

Thank you for coming to our school. You are so great. Take this money, and please keep coming to our school so we can give you more money next semester."

I also do the same thing with my car insurance bills, only it's more of a pessimistic letter, such as this:

"Dear Hannah,

we know your car only costs $1000 and is falling apart, but please pay $500 for 6 months of liability insurance. We hate you so much, and hope your life sucks. Have a great day, and we'll take any money you happen to have left in 6 months. See you then!

Love,
the insurance company"

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I make jokes like that. When I get a student bill from my school (which lately is them paying me) I 'read' it out loud, making up my own words:

"Dear Hannah,

Thank you for coming to our school. You are so great. Take this money, and please keep coming to our school so we can give you more money next semester."

I also do the same thing with my car insurance bills, only it's more of a pessimistic letter, such as this:

"Dear Hannah,

we know your car only costs $1000 and is falling apart, but please pay $500 for 6 months of liability insurance. We hate you so much, and hope your life sucks. Have a great day, and we'll take any money you happen to have left in 6 months. See you then!

Love,
the insurance company"

:biglaugh: Aww, this made me laugh!! Thank you! :D

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I also decided to apply to New Mexico State University in Las Cruces. :bounce So that at least increases my odds a little bit more. I am literally going to go insane waiting to know where I got in. Also, I can't freakin' WAIT til I get to quit my stupid *** job!!!!!!!!!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I also decided to apply to New Mexico State University in Las Cruces. :bounce So that at least increases my odds a little bit more. I am literally going to go insane waiting to know where I got in. Also, I can't freakin' WAIT til I get to quit my stupid *** job!!!!!!!!!
So how many colleges did you apply to? And what are you going to do when you're accepted to all of them? :D

Buttercup

Veteran Member
5 total! :D Oh stop, you're making me blush! I don't think that'll happen but oooh I would pee my pants if it did! Hehehe, there's an image for you. :p
You're in a CC, right? What's your GPA? If it's written somewhere I'm too lazy to go look. :p If you're a transfer student and have a GPA above 2.5, I'm betting you get accepted to all five. :)

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
You're in a CC, right? What's your GPA? If it's written somewhere I'm too lazy to go look. :p If you're a transfer student and have a GPA above 2.5, I'm betting you get accepted to all five. :)

Yea, well I went out to Colorado for a semester...so my combined GPA between my usual CC and thatone semester is 3.16. BUT, and this is a big but I think...I really messed up the first 2 semesters right out of high school. I didn't wanna be there so I have either an "F" or a "W" next to each class for TWO semesters. I mean...that just looks bad.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Which upsets me because my GPA could be so much higher if I had just pushed through it but my mom made me go right out of high school and I just didn't want to then. And that cost me.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yea, well I went out to Colorado for a semester...so my combined GPA between my usual CC and thatone semester is 3.16. BUT, and this is a big but I think...I really messed up the first 2 semesters right out of high school. I didn't wanna be there so I have either an "F" or a "W" next to each class for TWO semesters. I mean...that just looks bad.
"W"? What's a "W"? Is that like "as bad as Dubya would've done in this course" or something like that?

I'm sure you'll do fine. You'll have to beat away school recruiters with a stick.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
"W"? What's a "W"? Is that like "as bad as Dubya would've done in this course" or something like that?

I'm sure you'll do fine. You'll have to beat away school recruiters with a stick.

Hahaha, no "W" means Withdrew. So I failed or withdrew from all but 2 classes for two semesters. I'm not dumb I just didn't care. Now I'm gonna pay for it. :(

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Hahaha, no "W" means Withdrew. So I failed or withdrew from all but 2 classes for two semesters. I'm not dumb I just didn't care. Now I'm gonna pay for it. :(
Ah. IIRC, for us if we withdrew, the course wouldn't show up on our transcript at all.

If it makes you feel better, I got 25% in second year calculus the first time I took it. And 8% in grade 8 history. 8%.