• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity = Islam

1. Both say Jesus is the Messiah.
2. Both say Jesus is the Christ.
3. Both say Mary had a virgin birth.
4. Both believe in One God, the God of Abraham (Christians don't, but some still do)
5. Both believe the stories of Abraham, Issac, Noah, Moses, and believe Jesus is the most beloved.
6. Both say Jesus Christ is returning at the end times to fight Satan.
7. Both believe in a fire that is coming to burn the sinners at the end times (Jesus called it the burning of the chaff, and the wheat being saved; the Quran mentions fire over a thousand times)
8. Both believe Satan is a fallen angel that rebelled against God and all who believe in him are fuel for the fire.
9. Both love God the most
10. Both dislike, even hate Satan and wish to stay away.

mohammed_beiruti

4. Both believe in One God, the God of Abraham (Christians don't, but some still do)
5. Both believe the stories of Abraham, Issac, Noah, Moses, and believe Jesus is the most beloved.
7. Both believe in a fire that is coming to burn the sinners at the end times (Jesus called it the burning of the chaff, and the wheat being saved; the Quran mentions fire over a thousand times)
8. Both believe Satan is a fallen angel that rebelled against God and all who believe in him are fuel for the fire.

however we are still on debate of how 3 = 1 ?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Perhaps plagiarism played a big part here which seems the obvious reason

miira

i think that islam gives more scientific proofs that it is the true religion. it gives explanation for our creation and for the world creation before and and thousand years agooooooo, .........if christianity is the only true religion why then islam came after it. because islam is the true religion, no religion came after it.
all human beings are God's creatures, all of them will be punished for their seens and rewarded for their well doings. . simple question. if Jesus is God, why he himself worshiped God. so we must worship Allah as the only God who created me , you, mohammed, and Jesus. isn't logical ???

GabrielWithoutWings

Christians do believe in one God. The Creed begins with "I believe in One God, God the Father, the Pantocrator..." and is repeated at least twice afterwards.

In Islam, Muhammad is the most beloved. That's why the Hadith are written about him, Not 'Isa.

Muslims believe he will fight the Dajjal, if I remember correctly.

Iblis is not a fallen angel in Islam. Iblis is a djinn who refused to bow to Adam.

Christianity and Islam have glaring similarities but they aren't the same.

One believes Allah is separate from the world and would never debase himself to being encased in flesh and humiliated by beings lowers than Him. Christians believe God incarnated Himself into flesh and allowed himself to be crucified by the people he was trying to save.

That's pretty different.

Orbital

i think that islam gives more scientific proofs that it is the true religion.
Well it gives the usual poetic verses that are reinterpreted a thousand times until the 'seem' like they would resemble our theories today. But so do a lot of texts.

An early atomic theory was formed in the times of ancient Greece, that does not mean everything they believed was true.

.if christianity is the only true religion why then islam came after it. because islam is the true religion, no religion came after it.
Scientology came after Islam. So using that logic Scientology is true.

all human beings are God's creatures, all of them will be punished for their seens and rewarded for their well doings. .
Ah yes the simple 'cookie if you do good' and 'lash if you do bad' is an interesting philosophy, but sadly it is too simple and brakes down when you add a 'god' figure at the top enforcing this.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
i think that islam gives more scientific proofs that it is the true religion. it gives explanation for our creation and for the world creation before and and thousand years agooooooo, .........if christianity is the only true religion why then islam came after it. because islam is the true religion, no religion came after it.
all human beings are God's creatures, all of them will be punished for their seens and rewarded for their well doings. . simple question. if Jesus is God, why he himself worshiped God. so we must worship Allah as the only God who created me , you, mohammed, and Jesus. isn't logical ???

Its a huge stretch to claim scientific proof in a book of faith,Mountains do not prevent the Earth from shaking for example is not true as can be seen from Japan and New Zealand,in reality no religion can be the "one true religion" of course it can be true to the individual but outside of that its just supposition.

You say "We must worship Allah" well before i worship something i'd like to know there is actually something there although i doubt i could worship something that condones Slavery etc.

You also say no religion came after Islam,thats not true either,Bai hai,Wiccan and others came after Islam and have as much credence as Islam.

Yes, there are many religions revealed after Islam, such as the Baha'i Faith, Wicca, Scientology, etc. But just as others have said, the similarities between Islam and Christianity are the same as between Judaism and Christianity.

The only thing similar is how they come from the same Abrahamic spiritual lineage... otherwise, the dissimilarities abound theologically.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Yes, there are many religions revealed after Islam, such as the Baha'i Faith, Wicca, Scientology, etc. But just as others have said, the similarities between Islam and Christianity are the same as between Judaism and Christianity.

The only thing similar is how they come from the same Abrahamic spiritual lineage... otherwise, the dissimilarities abound theologically.

The OT is specifically about the relationship between the Jewish people and their God,Christianity first and then Islam jumped on the Bandwaggon,seems obvious to me that some of it was plagiarized.

Man of Faith

The OP is somewhat misleading, Christianity does not equal Islam, but Muhamad borrowed from Christianity to get his religion. And even though the Muslims consider and accept that "the stories of Abraham, Issac, Noah, Moses, and believe Jesus is the most beloved", they consider those characters to be Muslims and not Jewish.

Allah was already one god of many before Muhammad decided to make him the one true god like the Christians have. And the message of Islam is spread via cavalry as opposed to the message of Chsitianity being spread through calvary. Also Jesus performed many miracles and was resurrected in the Bible as opposed to no miracles by Muhamad in the Koran.

Not all Christians believe in one God. Some believe in the Trinity, and others believe Jesus is God, with God the Father.

In Islam, Muhammad is Jesus, if I am not mistaken. Jesus as the perfect son.

Iblis is a fallen angel.
And (remember) when We said to the angels: "Prostrate yourselves before Adam." And they prostrated except Iblis (Satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers (disobedient to Allah). S. 2:34

Christians do believe in one God. The Creed begins with "I believe in One God, God the Father, the Pantocrator..." and is repeated at least twice afterwards.

In Islam, Muhammad is the most beloved. That's why the Hadith are written about him, Not 'Isa.

Muslims believe he will fight the Dajjal, if I remember correctly.

Iblis is not a fallen angel in Islam. Iblis is a djinn who refused to bow to Adam.

Christianity and Islam have glaring similarities but they aren't the same.

One believes Allah is separate from the world and would never debase himself to being encased in flesh and humiliated by beings lowers than Him. Christians believe God incarnated Himself into flesh and allowed himself to be crucified by the people he was trying to save.

That's pretty different.

The orthodox views on Christianity were created by the Roman Emperor Constantine back in 325 a.d. He wasn't even Christian. The true Christianity does not say Jesus was God.

Last edited:

Wombat

From memory (and I stand to be corrected)...among the Hadith is recorded the first question Mohammed put to his countrymen-
(Paraphrasing)
"Why did you not believe in Jesus and the Prophets"?

The reply- "Our forefathers did not believe therein, therefore we did not believe"

Mohammed advised- "In this you have greatly erred and been greatly led astray".

It is possible that Mohammed was “plagiarizing” the Bible (as some here have claimed) but it is far more probable (given the content of the Quran) that He was following on and continuing the same religious tradition with the same authority....that of God.

“The LORD came from Sinai and dawned from Seir upon us; he shone forth from Mount Paran; he came from the ten thousands of holy ones..."Deuteronomy 33:2

Three Mountains associated with three founders of three major faiths.

Where is Mount Paran?;)

horizon_mj1

You also say no religion came after Islam,thats not true either,Bai hai,Wiccan and others came after Islam and have as much credence as Islam.
No offense, but you should do your homework before making assumptions. Wicca has beliefs that date back to Druidic times and possible before. Christian, Islamic, Judaism and several other faiths have at one time or another incorporated some of these beliefs into their own. The Keys of Solomon are a prime example as well as other ritualistic concepts.

In direct reply to the OP, I as well see several similarities. Both are humanitarian, and both believe in a higher power. After researching both, I was quite amazed at the likenesses to the point that I do not understand the radical disregard of how well they work together.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
No offense, but you should do your homework before making assumptions. Wicca has beliefs that date back to Druidic times and possible before. Christian, Islamic, Judaism and several other faiths have at one time or another incorporated some of these beliefs into their own. The Keys of Solomon are a prime example as well as other ritualistic concepts.

Non taken,really Druid and Wiccan are revivalist religions,the Romans just about wiped them out,as for Wicca yes it does contain beliefs that go back to that time but as an organised religion it is quite new.

BruceDLimber

slam is the true religion; no religion came after it.

Simply false!:

Although the Qur'an contains a verse stating Muhammad is the Seal of the Prophets, there are in fact multiple interpretations of this which do not need to imply any sort of finality to Muhammad and His Station:
· First, there is a sense in which EVERY Divine Messenger is the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Omega, and the Seal!
· There are two different words used in the Qur'an that translate into English as "prophet." One is "nabi," which means a lesser prophet such as Jeremiah or Amos. The other is "Ras'ul," which means a major Divine Messenger such as Jesus, Muhammad, or Baha'u'llah. And the word used here in the Qur'an is "nabi," meaning Muhammad is the Seal of the lesser prophets.
· Muhammad is also the Seal in the sense that He was the last Messenger during the Prophetic Age, which began with Adam and ended with Him. The Bab then closed out that Age and opened the Age of Fulfillment, of which Baha'u'llah is the first major Messenger.
· Finally, there is a sense in which the word commonly translated as "seal" simply means "ornament" as in "Ornament of the Prophets." Nothing about an ending at all!
Peace, :)

Bruce

Non taken,really Druid and Wiccan are revivalist religions,the Romans just about wiped them out,as for Wicca yes it does contain beliefs that go back to that time but as an organised religion it is quite new.

Yes, Neo-Druidism and Wicca are reconstructionalist religions... Wicca has alot of fluff and alot of additives to it, mixing together many of the pre-Christian European religions and presenting it nondiscriminately as one conglomerate whole, as if it was like that for thousands of years... let alone the idea of eclectic Wicca is crazy enough over traditional Wicca. To me, Wicca is a complete invention of Gerald Gardner with some ideas from some esoteric societies popular in his time period.