• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ Died for All Humans

Spiffy

Spiffy
I propose a salvational picture of the Bible which imo, when followed to its proper conclusion, joins Arminian and Calvinist soteriologies into "one stick" (Ezek 37:16-19) of doctrinal agreement.

Much of Christianity still adheres to the principle of dualism for a good reason: God appears to have arranged the Bible's meaning in a variety of dualistic structures. Some are derived theologically (e.g., body/soul, good/evil), some metaphysically (eternal/temporal), and these find expression in the philosophical (mind/matter).

As I believe God is Creator of things conceptual as well as material, I see salvation itself following this same arrangement. I'd like to hear from my more orthodox (those holding to conventioanal doctrine) brethren or from those who would argue from traditional Christian thinking if and why the following salvational outline is not biblical. To save space, I won't list supporting verses in the OP, but will provide them on request in future posts if desired. I'm necessarily using Christian terminology without the use of careful definition of each term, depending on readers' agreement on a general consensus of these terms. If the thread develops and it becomes advantageous, we can sharpend definitions for greater clarity of the concepts put forth as needed. My view:

A. Salvation is structured according to an eternal/temporal dualism. I.e., in eternity, God sovereignly elects all humans to be saved in Christ. Very broadly, salvation is the eradication that which causes sin in human soul and act. This is a process to restore humanity to a lost perfection.

B. There are generally two ways to be saved.
1) The first is by hearing Christ's voice in this life (for instance, affirmation of right conduct via inner conscience), to turn from sin and participate with Christ to the establishing of faith. Here, in time and space, the human will exerts some power to agree or resist Christ's call. The establishment of faith in time furnishes the believer a seamless, painless entry into God's presence in the afterlife. This is exemplified in Scripture by Daniel's friends walking unharmed in Nebuchadnezzar's furnace; this exemplifies the salvation of faith in time.
2) Non-believers who resist Christ's call in time meet their purification and cleansing in the lake of Fire, where the mercy and patience offered in time no longer exists. This eradication of inner filthiness, though painful, nonetheless upholds the justice and lovingkindness of God's nature such that all are saved by the cross of Christ.

The superintending principle used in the salvational picture above is that hellfire in the various senses used in the Bible is a metaphor for and identical to regeneration. The regeneration we are called to in time (sanctification) is the application of fragmental regeneration (e.g., being 'salted with fire') which achieves union with God--and in the union, the harmony of right-thinking which brings about right conduct, the illumination/revelation which produces repentance, etc.. In this view, Revelation's "lake of fire" is a representation of God's purity and truth, which Scripture declares in any number of places is like a roaring flame to the kindling of human evil.

Any thoughts?

I propose a salvational picture of the Bible which imo, when followed to its proper conclusion, joins Arminian and Calvinist soteriologies into "one stick" (Ezek 37:16-19) of doctrinal agreement.

Much of Christianity still adheres to the principle of dualism for a good reason: God appears to have arranged the Bible's meaning in a variety of dualistic structures. Some are derived theologically (e.g., body/soul, good/evil), some metaphysically (eternal/temporal), and these find expression in the philosophical (mind/matter).

As I believe God is Creator of things conceptual as well as material, I see salvation itself following this same arrangement. I'd like to hear from my more orthodox (those holding to conventioanal doctrine) brethren or from those who would argue from traditional Christian thinking if and why the following salvational outline is not biblical. To save space, I won't list supporting verses in the OP, but will provide them on request in future posts if desired. I'm necessarily using Christian terminology without the use of careful definition of each term, depending on readers' agreement on a general consensus of these terms. If the thread develops and it becomes advantageous, we can sharpend definitions for greater clarity of the concepts put forth as needed. My view:

A. Salvation is structured according to an eternal/temporal dualism. I.e., in eternity, God sovereignly elects all humans to be saved in Christ. Very broadly, salvation is the eradication that which causes sin in human soul and act. This is a process to restore humanity to a lost perfection.

B. There are generally two ways to be saved.
1) The first is by hearing Christ's voice in this life (for instance, affirmation of right conduct via inner conscience), to turn from sin and participate with Christ to the establishing of faith. Here, in time and space, the human will exerts some power to agree or resist Christ's call. The establishment of faith in time furnishes the believer a seamless, painless entry into God's presence in the afterlife. This is exemplified in Scripture by Daniel's friends walking unharmed in Nebuchadnezzar's furnace; this exemplifies the salvation of faith in time.
2) Non-believers who resist Christ's call in time meet their purification and cleansing in the lake of Fire, where the mercy and patience offered in time no longer exists. This eradication of inner filthiness, though painful, nonetheless upholds the justice and lovingkindness of God's nature such that all are saved by the cross of Christ.

The superintending principle used in the salvational picture above is that hellfire in the various senses used in the Bible is a metaphor for and identical to regeneration. The regeneration we are called to in time (sanctification) is the application of fragmental regeneration (e.g., being 'salted with fire') which achieves union with God--and in the union, the harmony of right-thinking which brings about right conduct, the illumination/revelation which produces repentance, etc.. In this view, Revelation's "lake of fire" is a representation of God's purity and truth, which Scripture declares in any number of places is like a roaring flame to the kindling of human evil.

Any thoughts?
this is not what the new testament teaches