• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheap but great dandelion killer.

Skwim

Veteran Member
White vinegar, full strength, sprayed on the weed. Kills them in 4-6 hours. I use a 2 gallon sprayer.

Costco has it 2 gallons for $3.60.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
White vinegar, full strength, sprayed on the weed. Kills them in 4-6 hours. I use a 2 gallon sprayer.
Costco has it 2 gallons for $3.60.
For large yards, I prefer a broadleaf selective herbicide. It's cheaper & faster than vinegar, even the horticultural grade stuff.
For non-selective kills, glyphosphate is best. Roundup QuickPro has fast knock-down power, & is rain fast within an hour.
This is the best for killing the scourge of garlic mustard, which is wiping out a hellofalot of biodiversity across the US.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Dandelions and Garlic Mustard are edible. Make a salad.
If I harvested all the dandelions in my yard, 1- 1/4 acres, it would look like this.
xin20210062615229840024.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Absolutely. :yes:
The yellow flowers can be saved and made into dandelion wine, too.
Garlic mustard is edible, but not to my taste.
Besides, I couldn't eat enuf to make any dent in this devastating invasive's progress throughout the woodlands.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/invasives/terrestrialplants/herbaceous/garlicmustard.html

Ecological Threat:

• Garlic mustard spreads into high quality woodlands upland and floodplain forests, not just into disturbed areas.
  • Invaded sites undergo a decline on native herbaceous cover within 10 years.
  • Garlic mustard alters habitat suitability for native insects and thereby birds and mammals.
  • This European exotic occurs now in 27 midwestern and northeastern states and in Canada.
  • Garlic mustard is a MDA Prohibited noxious weed (Controlled List) in Minnesota.

dust1n

Zindīq
For large yards, I prefer a broadleaf selective herbicide. It's cheaper & faster than vinegar, even the horticultural grade stuff.
For non-selective kills, glyphosphate is best. Roundup QuickPro has fast knock-down power, & is rain fast within an hour.
This is the best for killing the scourge of garlic mustard, which is wiping out a hellofalot of biodiversity across the US.

I was wondering what the hell those were. My backyard is like a breeding ground lab experiment for giant weedish angiosperms.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I was wondering what the hell those were. My backyard is like a breeding ground lab experiment for giant weedish angiosperms.
They took over much of my place until I began a death campaign.
I'm hoping that in a few years the research on introducing predators will mitigate the problem.

Also, garlic mustard looks like dried up weedy crap when summer arrives.

Alceste

Vagabond
I pull 'em out. In the spring, I eat 'em. I want to try making dandelion wine, since it's meant to be good for the liver. Imagine getting drunk on something that's good for your liver!

dust1n

Zindīq
They took over much of my place until I began a death campaign.
I'm hoping that in a few years the research on introducing predators will mitigate the problem.

Also, garlic mustard looks like dried up weedy crap when summer arrives.

They makes sense, since they grow down here during the winter, but now appear to be obliterated by the sun (like they do in Texas :D). Though since we haven't had a working lawnmower in a few months and we won't be getting one until the lease is up anyway, there's a nice variety of tall grasses and freaky hairy weeds.

I wonder if the Kudzu is as bad up there as it was in Alabama/Florida. I'm not really sure what plagues Texas yet.

In my brother's yard (Alabama), the entire yard is covered with wild onions. They look delicious.