• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can someone please explain to me why a "drag show" is suddenly the epitome of evil?

Shaul

Premium Member
And to you;
Do you know what a drag queen is? I don't think you do because sex isn't explicitly or inherently a part of it.
Working with children is a privilege, not a right. Those that think using drag queens for storytelling have the onus of why they should be doing so, not the other way around. The drag queens could simply do the story telling in non-drag. Insisting on doing it in drag shows they have a separate agenda. Don't be disingenuous. Admit it.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Working with children is a privilege, not a right. Those that think using drag queens for storytelling have the onus of why they should be doing so, not the other way around. The drag queens could simply do the story telling in non-drag. Insisting on doing it in drag shows they have a separate agenda. Don't be disingenuous. Admit it.

Drag queens are more than men in drag. They are entertainers. That is enough validation for them to be involved with some aspects of education.

Shaul

Premium Member
Drag queens are more than men in drag. They are entertainers. That is enough validation for them to be involved with some aspects of education.
There's a guy at my local steak house that cuts up the food right in front of the patrons. He's an entertainer too. Pole dancers claim to be entertainers too.

Teachers and those that work with children are held to high standards and must pass rigorous screening. It is a public trust. Drag queens can entertain elsewhere. Little children don't need their kind of "entertainment".

There is not a spontaneous ground swell of parents and children asking for drag entertainers to read them kiddie stories. This is a movement being imposed by outside interest groups. Stop trying to normalize it. It is deleterious.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
And who decides who can gets this privilege? Is this decided by a bunch of bigoted thugs?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
There's a guy at my local steak house that cuts up the food right in front of the patrons. He's an entertainer too. Pole dancers claim to be entertainers too.

Teachers and those that work with children are held to high standards and must pass rigorous screening. It is a public trust. Drag queens can entertain elsewhere. Little children don't need their kind of "entertainment".

There is not a spontaneous ground swell of parents and children asking for drag entertainers to read them kiddie stories. This is a movement being imposed by outside interest groups. Stop trying to normalize it. It is deleterious.
Perhaps we equate drag queens to being sexual and it's not the case. I don't know, but maybe there is a connotation where it shouldn't be.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What's there to be disingenuous about? Drag is an act. A performance. And I don't see it as significantly less than a big deal. So the kids are getting exposure to another ways of the many varieties we come in.
I have, probably literally, a thousand other things of greater concern.

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
What about it? Am I supposed to care? Is there something wrong with this? Is there something wrong with being a woman and a shouldn't want to dress up as one?
It's apparently just shameful for me to dress up as women, but likely also for women to dress up as men, even if that is often overlooked (women wear pants, and they don't care because they acknowledge pants are not innately men's clothing)

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
No, a gun is a mechanism designed to fire a projectile. Any killing comes from the intent of the gun user. A gun never kills anyone. People do. Gun fear is irrational.
So if their intent was to kill someone because they are viewed as a threat based on regressive nonsense that thinks drag queens are grooming and sexualizing children, it'd be bad, right? Or do you think it's fine to just use a gun to kill anyone you view as a threat even if they're doing nothing that warrants it? Drag queens are, in this context, doing little more than song and dance alongside reading to kids.

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
Do you...just not care to look into why this has been a thing since...at least 2014, by my recollection? It's not everyone else's job to do research you apparently don't have the interest in or the capacity to find something contrary to your preconceptions.

You don't get to dishonestly assume malice from a group you clearly don't understand, the onus is on you to show the danger, not on a group to defend what is little different from someone dressing up as Anna or Elsa from Disney's Frozen and reading to kids, which has happened at the library I work at, and no one bats an eyelash.

But apparently it's fine when it's your vanilla generic cartoon characters, no one would ever potentially use that to exploit children's innocence and do terrible things to them? Here's the thing, though, that happening is the exception, not the rule.

Not sure what you think the "agenda" of drag is, but I can tell you it's not about grooming kids or other nonsense people claim with the kind of logic that sounds like you've been doing heavy drugs

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
What's there to be disingenuous about? Drag is an act. A performance. And I don't see it as significantly less than a big deal. So the kids are getting exposure to another ways of the many varieties we come in.
I have, probably literally, a thousand other things of greater concern.
I doubt they'd have this kind of concern for things we can also have generic paranoid associations of grooming and child abuse to, but are used in performances that entertain kids and have for decades: mascot costumes at Disney parks, clowns, people that use puppets to entertain kids.

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
Perhaps we equate drag queens to being sexual and it's not the case. I don't know, but maybe there is a connotation where it shouldn't be.
Kind of like how people think a mere 5 pointed star must be Satanic...or a reverse cross, which is most definitely not Satanic

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's apparently just shameful for me to dress up as women, but likely also for women to dress up as men, even if that is often overlooked (women wear pants, and they don't care because they acknowledge pants are not innately men's clothing)
Pants on women are evil!!:mad::mad: Or so Sister Cindy told me. About 45 years ago. At college. Every spring Jeb and the Destroyers would come to our university. Pity, I never saw them destroy anything. And I can still find them on YouTube.

EDIT: Jed, not Jeb. Sister Cindy saved me again. i could not find them with "Jeb":

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
Pants on women are evil!!:mad::mad: Or so Sister Cindy told me. About 45 years ago. At college. Every spring Jeb and the Destroyers would come to our university. Pity, I never saw them destroy anything. And I can still find them on YouTube.
I mean, there are groups that still think that who are probably still not quite mainstream, like Mennonites or Pentecostals.

United Pentecostals seem to have this in their dress code, "No slacks "because they immodestly reveal the feminine contours of upper leg, thigh, and hip"

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I mean, there are groups that still think that who are probably still not quite mainstream, like Mennonites or Pentecostals.

United Pentecostals seem to have this in their dress code, "No slacks "because they immodestly reveal the feminine contours of upper leg, thigh, and hip"
Watching this video I realized that I may have seen her the first year that she and Jed took their evangelist show on the road. She was a hot young thing at that time. What happened?

We Never Know

No Slack
Really? It seems that some take it as an established fact that drag is dangerous. And I don't know why. And I wonder if even they know why. I wonder if they have ever actually examined their position.

So explain it to me. I say if I guy wants to put on a dress and read a book to children that is a good thing. More people should do this. And I don't care if they dress up like a clown, or a puppy or in drag.

What if a person dressed as a preacher, a nun, or the pope and came to read the kids the bible(it is a book)..would that be ok?

LGBT, drag, religion, or what ever.... Why do they want kids as their audience? Why focus on kids?

IMO its to get them while they are young to come over to their line of thinking, to indoctrinate the kids into their view is what its all about.

Lets get them while they are young so they grow to be allies.

What ever happened to let kids be kids? SMH