• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bird123 vs Link: "Is Hell a rational belief?"

Bird123

God could've set up that evil is impossible. But not in a way that meaningful value can be instilled to most.

We know in the world there is evil and so that set up didn't happen. If I was choosing, I would choose to make evil impossible and abandon meaning.

I believe he didn't expect things to go this bad, knew it could, just it was improbable. It maybe even if knew the results, he would have made it doing evil impossible.

I don't even think humans were a planned creation, but a back up plan and reaction to Angels become arrogant mostly due to Iblis leading them to that nature.

I think he is doing his best to fix creation, but at the end, I believe it's upon God to manifest his plan and will.

You have views, but there is no holy book to really back up your views from God. So it's not provable.

Whatever the case is, reincarnation or hell forever, it's upon God to guide us to the truth of all this.

We can theorize, but at the end, only God can reveal the truth of all this.
If God did not allow the evil choices would not one be lacking in knowledge? Isn't it better to understand all possibilities.

You are right about one thing. The answer will be with God!! On the other hand, I find more of mankind in holy books than God in holy books.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If God did not allow the evil choices would not one be lacking in knowledge? Isn't it better to understand all possibilities.
Being evil and knowing you chose to be evil, is never a good thing. It's better to not have ever chosen to be evil.

Bird123

Being evil and knowing you chose to be evil, is never a good thing. It's better to not have ever chosen to be evil.
You are very right!! It is better not to have ever chosen evil in the first place. On the other hand, sometimes people do not realize what they are doing. So often they must Live those lessons. Once one understands all sides, Intelligence will make the best choices. Since there is no time limit on learning, an infinite number of parameters and interactions could be used to place Truth in the world so that light bulb can go off over someone's head and they UNDERSTAND!!

That's what I see (BELIEVE/FEEL/THINK Language). It's very clear!!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are very right!! It is better not to have ever chosen evil in the first place. On the other hand, sometimes people do not realize what they are doing. So often they must Live those lessons. Once one understands all sides, Intelligence will make the best choices. Since there is no time limit on learning, an infinite number of parameters and interactions could be used to place Truth in the world so that light bulb can go off over someone's head and they UNDERSTAND!!

I think the chances of getting right plumet once evil is chosen. The best chance was when soul has completely clean slate. I think more souls will be saved with pressure cooker, then no pressure. If burdened with evil choice and lying nature, it will be less likely to be true.

The problem is not about awareness. It's about truthfulness. And once a soul is prone to deceive itself, it's unlikely to reform.

But set that aside. Do you think it's fair, souls who choose right away to be good get the same result of evil souls that happen to finally choose to be good after many tries?

Bird123

I think the chances of getting right plumet once evil is chosen. The best chance was when soul has completely clean slate. I think more souls will be saved with pressure cooker, then no pressure. If burdened with evil choice and lying nature, it will be less likely to be true.

The problem is not about awareness. It's about truthfulness. And once a soul is prone to deceive itself, it's unlikely to reform.

But set that aside. Do you think it's fair, souls who choose right away to be good get the same result of evil souls that happen to finally choose to be good after many tries?
Adversity breeds invention. So many times the adversity in our lives points the direction of our learning. Don't the right choices create a happier better life for one? Would one who learns and Discovers quicker get to the advanced happier life quicker?

I would not worry about fairness. That will never be an issue when one reaches the end of the journey.