• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biologists are horrendously undereducated about 3 bar mechanisms.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Haven't run out yet!
th

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
That should be "his" own horn.
True. I know that.

Actually, in formal writing it's supposed to be "his or her", not just "his". (With the growing LGBTQA community, I'm not sure that will do either.)

But then again... I'm not writing formal essays or reports here. If we did, we need to have proper titles, thesis statements, transitions, summary, and on and on. But I write as I speak. For years, I spent time making sure that my posts were grammatically correct (even made sure "his or her" was there in the right places), but dang... did anyone care or notice? Nope. So now, I write whatever comes to my mind at the moment of writing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
True. I know that.

Actually, in formal writing it's supposed to be "his or her", not just "his". (With the growing LGBTQA community, I'm not sure that will do either.)

But then again... I'm not writing formal essays or reports here. If we did, we need to have proper titles, thesis statements, transitions, summary, and on and on. But I write as I speak. For years, I spent time making sure that my posts were grammatically correct (even made sure "his or her" was there in the right places), but dang... did anyone care or notice? Nope. So now, I write whatever comes to my mind at the moment of writing.
I was just being a jerk.
Actually, the plural (because of gender neutrality) is just fine.....with me anyway.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I was just being a jerk.
Having the inner grammar nazi coming out before the morning coffee. I hear ya'. :)

Actually, the plural (because of gender neutrality) is just fine.....with me anyway.
On a side note, I learned recently that they added the Q and A to it. LGBT... Next, I think we need to add S for straight, C for child, D for dogs, and M for martians. Or just simply, do the whole alphabet and be done with it. The LGBTAQSCDMZEHOPUNJW... community, i.e. person. (Can't say hu-man either I think.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
On a side note, I learned recently that they added the Q and A to it. LGBT... Next, I think we need to add S for straight, C for child, D for dogs, and M for martians. Or just simply, do the whole alphabet and be done with it. The LGBTAQSCDMZEHOPUNJW... community, i.e. person. (Can't say hu-man either I think.)
I say we just call'm "SA" (sexually abnormal).
It has advantages.....
- People will scream objection.
- It won't have to be modified as new abnormal conditions are recognized.
- It's easy to remember.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I say we just call'm "SA" (sexually abnormal).
It has advantages.....
- People will scream objection.
- It won't have to be modified as new abnormal conditions are recognized.
- It's easy to remember.
Hmm... If we can figure out an 'X' at the end of it, then we get "SAX". Sax are sexy, so we can call them saxy without the fear of sending the wrong signals. Just thinking loud...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hmm... If we can figure out an 'X' at the end of it, then we get "SAX". Sax are sexy, so we can call them saxy without the fear of sending the wrong signals. Just thinking loud...
The "X" needn't mean anything at all.
So go ahead, & add it.
SAX it is!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And then self-conscious robots, X-things. Or Sax-things even. Saxing? Too close to sexting maybe.
I actually already considered that possibility, & allowed for sentient non-biological life forms.
(I've consumed too much sci fi.)