• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big bang

happyo

The Big Bang didn't create the Earth - the Big Bang simply released an astronomical amount of simple atoms and laid the foundation through which first light could occur, some 400,000-1M years later. After entire generations of stars lived out the totality of their existence, they created heavier elements upon their collapse. (Nucleosynthesis) This eventually lead to the possibility of planets and moons forming from accretion discs around secondary and tertiary star formations all throughout the expanding Universe. A combination of physical laws and constantly-emerging chemical combinations eventually lead to some of those planets and moons producing environments hospitable to life. Just like the simpler molecules before it, life adapted and changed based on it's environmental constraints, increasing in complexity and spreading over a myriad of settings, eventually resulting in your existence. One day you'll die, and pretty soon afterwards so will the Sun that feeds this planet with energy. The entirety of human history won't even be a memory, just like the vast majority of the rest of the Universe - But don't lose hope! Some other organism somewhere in the Universe might eventually gain enough cognitive power to formulate a question such as yours, and contemplate whether or not something like it existed in a time before...

Or they could attribute everything cool to an invisible magic man in the sky and do a real disservice to the fact that you are pondering these questions...
U know light did come first like that scripture and God said let there be light.... The Bible has it right in this instance. The way it is described as being created, that's how science proved it actually happened only the Bible calls it one week, seven days. Which is a time frame that they could understand back then, but it doesn't mean one week by our time and even some Christians believe that.

jonathan180iq

U know light did come first like that scripture and God said let there be light...
No it did not.

First Light in the Universe did not happen for at least 400,000 years. It took millions more for stable stars to develop, leading to the formation of everything else that we know today...
http://www.universetoday.com/115991/when-did-the-first-stars-form/

he Bible has it right in this instance. The way it is described as being created, that's how science proved it actually happened only the Bible calls it one week, seven days. Which is a time frame that they could understand back then, but it doesn't mean one week by our time and even some Christians believe that.
Nope. The Bible is 100% wrong on this.

Tell me, where does light come from without stars?

Doesn't your bible claim that the people in the beginning lived to be like 900 years old? If that were true, they could understand time on a scale just a little more complicated than 7 days, don't you think?
Also, why didn't God in his omniscience just explain to them what long scale of time was and actually tell the truth about creation? Why did he have to claim that Light came first, when we factually know that it didn't? Why did he claim that he did all of his creating over a 6 day period, and then rested on the 7th, when that's not actually what happened?

happyo

No it did not.

First Light in the Universe did not happen for at least 400,000 years. It took millions more for stable stars to develop, leading to the formation of everything else that we know today...
http://www.universetoday.com/115991/when-did-the-first-stars-form/

Nope. The Bible is 100% wrong on this.

Tell me, where does light come from without stars?

Doesn't your bible claim that the people in the beginning lived to be like 900 years old? If that were true, they could understand time on a scale just a little more complicated than 7 days, don't you think?
Also, why didn't God in his omniscience just explain to them what long scale of time was and actually tell the truth about creation? Why did he have to claim that Light came first, when we factually know that it didn't? Why did he claim that he did all of his creating over a 6 day period, and then rested on the 7th, when that's not actually what happened?
The light came from the stars in the way light comes from a light bulb. You are mincing words on this one. It's like if I say can u turn on the light, I'm talking about the light from the light bulb which is screwed into the light fixture lol. So stars made the light in this case. It's simply a figure of speech. The Bible in all of its wonders is flawed. Most Christians believe this. Its a simple matter of history people with their love of money and power butchered what should b the Bible of today. It has been stripped down, translated like hundreds of times, picked apart, revised, and who knows how many original texts it should really contain, because they were burned up for daring to disagree with the Catholics and other religions of power. However, it is still a gift from God. I don't even consider myself a Christian. But still there are things in it to live by, and still a lot of truth. Like how much of Revelation will be literal, in the end of days. It came to him "in a dream", but was he tripping out on magic mushrooms to have this vision? But, whether he was high or not, doesn't mean it wasn't a vision from God, and just because the bible said seven days which also clearly wasn't literal doesn't mean it isn't how it went down.

jonathan180iq

The light came from the stars in the way light comes from a light bulb. You are mincing words on this one. It's like if I say can u turn on the light, I'm talking about the light from the light bulb which is screwed into the light fixture lol. So stars made the light in this case. It's simply a figure of speech. The Bible in all of its wonders is flawed. Most Christians believe this. Its a simple matter of history people with their love of money and power butchered what should b the Bible of today. It has been stripped down, translated like hundreds of times, picked apart, revised, and who knows how many original texts it should really contain, because they were burned up for daring to disagree with the Catholics and other religions of power. However, it is still a gift from God. I don't even consider myself a Christian. But still there are things in it to live by, and still a lot of truth. Like how much of Revelation will be literal, in the end of days. It came to him "in a dream", but was he tripping out on magic mushrooms to have this vision? But, whether he was high or not, doesn't mean it wasn't a vision from God, and just because the bible said seven days which also clearly wasn't literal doesn't mean it isn't how it went down.
Many drugs - much like

Milton Platt

So how about this, way back in the day like 4 trill+ years ago, God/ Allah created the earth by making the big bang?!?!?! And then (Bible/Quran reference) he made various life forms some which evolved leading the way for dinosaurs, animals and humans. Like Darwinism, or selection of the fittest etc., but humans didn't come from monkeys or descend from fish etc. Like as the earth was ready the specific new species would be created after some other species had already start to evolve a bit that way, we still see evolution today. Some article was talking about a boy in China whose eyes glow like a cat's. Anyone who can look at these incredible miracles and only see the science isn't looking at the whole big picture. Anyone who can look at these amazing things and only see the science is guilty of the same biased. I mean no offense by this. All humans are naturally biased, but what if both are true Creationism and Big Bang /Evolution.

Well, we have a mountain of good evidence for the big bang, and evolution. We have none for creationism. When creationism can produce a theory that incorporates all of the evidence we have on the subject and the theory turns out to have predictive powers, then you might have something.

So how about this, way back in the day like 4 trill+ years ago, God/ Allah created the earth by making the big bang?!?!?! And then (Bible/Quran reference) he made various life forms some which evolved leading the way for dinosaurs, animals and humans. Like Darwinism, or selection of the fittest etc., but humans didn't come from monkeys or descend from fish etc. Like as the earth was ready the specific new species would be created after some other species had already start to evolve a bit that way, we still see evolution today. Some article was talking about a boy in China whose eyes glow like a cat's. Anyone who can look at these incredible miracles and only see the science isn't looking at the whole big picture. Anyone who can look at these amazing things and only see the science is guilty of the same biased. I mean no offense by this. All humans are naturally biased, but what if both are true Creationism and Big Bang /Evolution.
Interesting ideas you have there my friend. What do you base them on? The teachings of others? Where is their proof? Where are these creatures evolving? Has even one creature been found that has evolved into something else? The answer is no. What people think to be evolution is actually adaptation to an environment, which is what Charles Darwin based his entire theory on. For example, he saw finches that had different shaped beaks and concluded that they had evolved into something else. However, when you take those same finches and put them into a different environment, the next generation looks like ordinary finches. What you are seeing is a creature that can adapt, which is part of God's grand design.

There is no such thing as evolution. It is a theory full of holes. There are many examples of animals that have been specifically designed the way they are and could not evolve separately from different animals. One of the largest animals on the planet, the giraffe has a series of one way valves in the blood vessels going to it's brain. If it did not have these valves, the blood vessels would burst. How could it have evolved this way? For more information about Jesus, go to http://www.jesuschrist.expert/. If you ask Him, He will explain His creation to you. May God bless you in your search.

arthra

Baha'i
There are cosmologists nowadays that posit a universe before the "big bang"... Yes it's been a popular theory. I see creation as a process over time that as mere mortals may be beyond our conceptual ability to even imagine... The universe has always been there just gone through various warps and transformations and evolution is also a process..natural selection and so forth. The changes in our embryonic development show we ourselves have developed through stages over time. You also have what are possible parallel universes... God isn't limited to seven days or seven ages or aeons.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
All of this conjecture lands up with: "where was 'God' before the creation ?"
Was 'God' in the nothingness or in the singularity ?

I suspect that if we ever find some answers they will be a lot weirder than "God did it". Think crazy science fiction ideas, and then get even crazier. ;)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I just wanna mention the verse in Quraan that some Muslims interpret as supports the Big Bang theory. it is "Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?" Quraan 21:30. This is not a debate point, it is a reference to a view only.

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
I just wanna mention the verse in Quraan that some Muslims interpret as supports the Big Bang theory it is "Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?" Quraan 21:30. This is not a debate point, it is a reference to a view only.
That's probably a reference to Gen. 1:6-9

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No problem if one does not see beyond Bible and Quran. Nothing at all. :)
"Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?"
Oh, what was that? What form? What properties? Heavens and Earth, unseparated?

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You see, in first or second century in Israel, or in seventh century Arabia, it was not customary to ask too many questions. Either the Sanhedrin ex-communicated one or Mohammad put the person to sword. God did not know that people will question each sentence that he had inspired/dictated in the 20th/21st Century.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
The directions into religions,
like the directions of the stars,
leads one to wonder about the Cosmos itself.
Every single action of worship,
leads one to wonder what direction is infinity,
and how many eternities will infinity contain.
And, how is one to choose,
what eternity one will travel,
what loss of possible Nirvanas.
~
And I'm pretty sure:"'God' didn't do it",
nor any idols one can create,
shining through that transparancy of imagination.
~
Life is stuff
worship the 'stuff' and enjoy it,
it's all you get !
~
'mud

Last edited by a moderator:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
To me, our 'Big Bang' is like the trillions of other 'Bangs' in the Cosmos.
You are aware of the Cosmos aren't you, the container of all the universes,
and the 'Bangs' contained within ?
How many 'bangs' could a creator cause in our Cosmos,
how far can one count ?
~
Just a dumb thought.
~
'mud

4M17

Well, we have a mountain of good evidence for the big bang, and evolution. We have none for creationism. When creationism can produce a theory that incorporates all of the evidence we have on the subject and the theory turns out to have predictive powers, then you might have something.

lol sorry but there's no evidences for either big bang or evolution as well...
Evolution has missing links still undiscovered till now-as per evolution the first humankind appeared some 5 thousand yrs back but surprisingly some evolved humans fossils have been discovered dated 3-7millions yrs back which bashed than biased evolution theory.. 2nd example previously it was belisved that mamals did not exist during dinosaurs time until they found a rat kind mamal specie in a raptors stomac fossil that again turned all these thesis upside down

Big bang - No evidence for bigbang as well since its just a speculative theory for unexplained phenomenon by scientists...there are assumptions made called singularities eg. bigbang occurs through a point infinitesimal in size having infinite pressure & temperature - this is imaginary it does not exist..so what mountain of proofs are there for bigbang??? all these are just theories just to get a so called answer to how the universe appeared(even though bias)-

Theist believe in GOD an abiding to scriptural injunction the most accepted fact is GOD the creator

Atheistic views do not believe in GOD's existence and developed their own theory as bigbang & evolution based on certain kind of observation and theory.
That's it just POV..nothing about mountains of proofs for whatever as u mentioned...its just theory

4M17

Sorry I mean that Evolution has missing links still undiscovered till now-as per evolution the first humankind appeared some 5 hundred thousand yrs