• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baphomet, the head with three faces - Jesus Christ, Simon Magus and Paul

Riaan

Dear all,

I am a new member of this forum and I have to admit, I am astonished about how far-reaching and intensely debated it is! As a quick background, I was a Christian until I reached my late 30s, by which time the questions had become too numerous and I decided that I simply could not adhere to Christian beliefs any longer. Instead, I began researching the history of religion and derived a couple of my own theories of what might have happened from Moses up to Christ.

During my research into the historicity of Christ I came across numerous accusations brought against him that suggested that he was anything but the saintly figure the New Testament would have us believe. I have published a book about this, but for the benefit of web visitors I have written a couple of articles to interpret these allegations. As absurd as it might seem, I could come to no other conclusion that the person known as Jesus Christ was originally known to the Jews as Simon Magus, but following his crucifixion, which he survived, he adopted the alias Paul of Tarsus.

Entirely ridiculous? It is well known that the Templar Knights, who had once been prepared to give their lives for their Master, had made a dramatic turn-around with respect to him. They denounced him as a false prophet, and ‘worshipped’ Baphomet, a severed head with three faces. What could the origin of such an absurd practice have been, other than that the head either was, or was a substitute for, the head of Paul, who was also known as Jesus Christ and Simon Magus.

Anyway, I discuss the identification of Simon Magus as Jesus Christ *EDIT* and the similarities between Christ and Paul *EDIT*

Please let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilans

I was under the impression that the name Baphomet was a corruption of Muhammad. Many Christians thought that the Muhammadans worshiped their prophet.

Vigilans

As for the stories of the Templars worshipping this deity and spitting on the cross etc. most historians say that these allegations were driven by the greed of Philip the Fair.

Vigilans

If Jesus of Nazareth and Saul of Tarsus were one in the same, why did he have his follower St. Stephen stoned? Also, why did the other disciples not recognise Paul as Christ?

Riaan

If Jesus of Nazareth and Saul of Tarsus were one in the same, why did he have his follower St. Stephen stoned? Also, why did the other disciples not recognise Paul as Christ?

His inner circle was part of the deception. Christ was known as Simon Magus when he first appeared on the scene at the age of 30, shortly after the death of Herod the Great.

I have no doubt that all the apostles of Christ were prosecuted not because of their belief in Christ, but because of their violence - they were criminals, as I describe *EDIT*

Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilans

His inner circle was part of the deception. Christ was known as Simon Magus when he first appeared on the scene at the age of 30, shortly after the death of Herod the Great.

I have no doubt that all the apostles of Christ were prosecuted not because of their belief in Christ, but because of their violence - they were criminals, as I describe here.

Thanks Riaan, I'll read your work. Welcome to RF from a fellow newcomer!

Vigilans

I have no doubt that all the apostles of Christ were prosecuted not because of their belief in Christ, but because of their violence - they were criminals, as I describe here.

You've attempted to answer the second part of my question but I'm still unsure as to why St. Stephen was put to death.

Riaan

You've attempted to answer the second part of my question but I'm still unsure as to why St. Stephen was put to death.

I actually have - Stephen must have been in the same class as Simon Peter, who was in fact none other than Simon bar Gioras, a very violent man. During the initial phases of my research into the historicity of Christ I tried to get hold of as much information about him and his apostles, specifically from the original sources. One of these relate that Christ and 900 of his followers turned to robbery after he had been rejected by the Jews. I then found a steady trial of this violence, that escalated into full scale war with the Romans (Christ as Josephus' Egyptian). The most shocking allegations come from the descriptions of the lives of the apostles - behind a thin veil of miracles emerges a terror campaign of violence - I have alluded to this in the link above, and it is discussed in detail in my book.

So, Christ may initially started off preaching salvation to the poor and the outcasts of society, but he eventually turned violent, and so did his followers. Even if 'Saint' Stephen had originally been viewed as a good person, he may have turned to crime himself, or possibly even just his association with Christ may have made him a target of the authorities.

Vigilans

Ok thanks. I've never heard of such a theory before and it all seems a bit outlandish to me. I'll read your work when I have time though.