• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ban the Bible and the Qur'an?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Question is, is your name in the Lambs Book of Life? If its not, you have a very big problem. I would consider having your name put in this book, and I have explained how you can do that. Your choice.

i have acknowledge the name; so yes it is

The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Oh my goodness, where do I start?!

Jesus said, " I am the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one gets into heaven except through me."
That's not what He said! Jesus said "no one comes to the Father..."!

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

How sad, y'all want to find ways to minimize the Father all the time! Jesus didn't do that, He constantly directed people's attention to the Father, not away from Him! Jesus himself said, in prayer to His Father, that His Father is "the only true God", who sent His son, as our Savior. (John 17:3)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I will continue later with the thoughts of my first reply, but I noticed this:

the words of christ....still became the political weapon of the Catholic church..., etc

I can't speak for communism, but I can for Christ's words.

What "words of Christ" did the church use, to condone its heinous actions?
The only one I can think of, to justify hurting someone, is possibly Matthew 10:34. In reading the context, you find the enemies with "a sword" are not His followers, but the ones against His followers!

Applying it any other way, would be twisting what He said. It's not Jesus' fault.

If people choose to twist your words or mine, different from what we meant, the fault is with them, not us.

(I believe most of Christianity is apostate and has a heavy price to pay, for what they've done! But I still believe Christianity, Christ's real words and actions, is Truth.)

Are there other words of Jesus you may have had in mind? I honestly cannot think of any others.

Rapture Era

And that's what you "love" about your god? The willingness to meet out infinite punishment for pretty petty stuff? Sure hate to have you for a parent, if you'd treat your own children like that.
No, what I love about my God is that He loves me enough to forgive my sin against Him. I love Him because he first loved me. I love Him because he made a way for me to escape the horrors of hell by sacrificing His own son Jesus so that if I choose, I can be in heaven with Him for eternity. Your last statement is absolutely ludicrous!

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
What does this mean exactly? It doesnt make sense.

all prophets, messengers, angels of God, are sent with the name

Exodus 3:14

why do you not worship the other Sons of God, ie Melchizedek?

Hebrews 5:6
fashioned, formed, created like melchizedek

Hebrews 7
7 This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him, 2 and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, the name Melchizedek means “king of righteousness”; then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.” 3 Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
It certainly is off putting..still...one of my favourite slokas
शब्द बराबर धन नहीं, जो कोई जाने बोल |
हीरा तो दामो मिले, शब्द मोल न टोल ||
Actually, I think prbbstchtk is better. But that's just my opinion.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Laika, you asked:

If Christianity is the true religion, why was it perverted in the first place? Isn't that contary to god's will?

And I replied:

God doesn't interfere with people's free will and the choices they make.
When you think about it though, weren't the Israelites God's chosen people, too? But so many times they strayed away from Yahweh! (Psalms 78:41; Isaiah 1:4)

The Apostle Paul said @ Acts of the Apostles 20:28-29, that after Paul died, those Christians would begin teaching twisted things. His further words at 2 Timothy 2:16-19, indicate the same thing. Peter commented on it, also.

Plus, we have to keep in mind who's behind this messed-up world: 1 John 5:19; Revelation 12:9. Satan is the ultimate Deceiver. Even Jesus, back in His day, referred to Satan as the ruler of this world!

If I might continue with this:

You know, Jesus actually knew there would come to be people claiming to follow Him, but he wouldn't accept them? At Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus used pretty strong language against them....and they would be saying that they were doing "powerful works", he said! (We can get into another subject, on that.) These ones, Jesus would apparently consider fake disciples.

So, claiming "Lord, Lord" isn't enough; Jesus' name isn't a talisman! What is important, is following Jesus' commands. Our actions are important. But not 'prophesying, expelling demons', as Matthew wrote above.

Jesus knew, as well as the Apostles (as I stated in my previous reply), that the true meaning of some of Jesus' and the Apostles' words would become perverted.

So Jesus mentioned another way to ID His real followers....it's not so much by what they teach, but by how they act!

Please read John 13:34-35, and Matthew 5:44. It seems that these are the two hardest to follow, living as we do in this divisive, hateful world. Everywhere you look, there are barriers to developing love and peace between each other: racial, cultural, national, etc. Professed Christian leaders have failed in this regard, especially regarding national barriers! They consider supporting national heritage is more important than spiritual heritage, and when a fight breaks out between nations, their love for their brothers in the other country, flies out the window!

Of course, by following Christ in this way, you incur the hatred of people by not taking part, but Jesus said to expect that.
As our Savior stated, our love for Him and his Father should transcend anyone or anything else. It's usually not too difficult, though.... Basically by loving them, you'll show your love for others. Only the world makes it difficult, at times.

BTW, I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Kirran

Premium Member
No, what I love about my God is that He loves me enough to forgive my sin against Him. I love Him because he first loved me. I love Him because he made a way for me to escape the horrors of hell by sacrificing His own son Jesus so that if I choose, I can be in heaven with Him for eternity. Your last statement is absolutely ludicrous!

So why did he make hell? And why make it so that we spend eternity there rather than, at the very least, spend time there proportionate to our crimes?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Laika, you asked:

And I replied:

If I might continue with this:

You know, Jesus actually knew there would come to be people claiming to follow Him, but he wouldn't accept them? At Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus used pretty strong language against them....and they would be saying that they were doing "powerful works", he said! (We can get into another subject, on that.) These ones, Jesus would apparently consider fake disciples.

So, claiming "Lord, Lord" isn't enough; Jesus' name isn't a talisman! What is important, is following Jesus' commands. Our actions are important. But not 'prophesying, expelling demons', as Matthew wrote above.

Jesus knew, as well as the Apostles (as I stated in my previous reply), that the true meaning of some of Jesus' and the Apostles' words would become perverted.

So Jesus mentioned another way to ID His real followers....it's not so much by what they teach, but by how they act!

Please read John 13:34-35, and Matthew 5:44. It seems that these are the two hardest to follow, living as we do in this divisive, hateful world. Everywhere you look, there are barriers to developing love and peace between each other: racial, cultural, national, etc. Professed Christian leaders have failed in this regard, especially regarding national barriers! They consider supporting national heritage is more important than spiritual heritage, and when a fight breaks out between nations, their love for their brothers in the other country, flies out the window!

Of course, by following Christ in this way, you incur the hatred of people by not taking part, but Jesus said to expect that.
As our Savior stated, our love for Him and his Father should transcend anyone or anything else. It's usually not too difficult, though.... Basically by loving them, you'll show your love for others. Only the world makes it difficult, at times.

BTW, I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

john 21:15
lambs or arnion

jesus isn't exclusively christ and jesus followed melchizedek

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I actually like the next verse, Exodus 3:15.

(In the ASV)

the niv tells you something about the word lord in exodus 3:15

1. Exodus 3:15 The Hebrew for Lord sounds like and may be related to the Hebrew for I am in verse 14.
baptizing, or immersion, in the name results in wholeness and removes the separation between self and other self, or divides the red sea, the jordan, the drying up of the euphrates.

Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’”

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
the niv tells you something about the word lord in exodus 3:15

1. Exodus 3:15 The Hebrew for Lord sounds like and may be related to the Hebrew for I am in verse 14.
baptizing, or immersion, in the name results in wholeness and removes the separation between self and other self, or divides the red sea, the jordan, the drying up of the euphrates.

BibleGateway is a good site...here is Ex. 3:15 in another translation from that site:

Exodus 3:15Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
15 And God saith again unto Moses, `Thus dost thou say unto the sons of Israel, Jehovah, God of your fathers, God of Abraham, God of Isaac, and God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you; this [is] My name -- to the age, and this My memorial, to generation -- generation.

(Bold type, italics and underlining are mine.)

Have a great day!

Rapture Era

all prophets, messengers, angels of God, are sent with the name

Exodus 3:14

why do you not worship the other Sons of God, ie Melchizedek?

Hebrews 5:6
fashioned, formed, created like melchizedek

Hebrews 7
7 This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him, 2 and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, the name Melchizedek means “king of righteousness”; then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.” 3 Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.
Well alrighty then.:)