• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists: If there's no God, then where did the word "God" come from?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Please don't worry. The Atheism people are never sure of anything themselves, that is why they sometimes name themselves Skeptics, they are confused hence they just demand evidence from others and are used to sit pretty. It is OK, never-mind. Please
Regards
By the way, I have provided multiple sources that provide evidence that human beings are responsible for the development of language. You are simply ignoring anything that contradicts your already held beliefs ... which is common practice for you.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Please don't worry. The Atheism people are never sure of anything themselves, that is why they sometimes name themselves Skeptics, they are confused hence they just demand evidence from others and are used to sit pretty.

Of course we demand evidence. Do you expect from us that we believe what you, or the next person, says without a shred of evidence that backs her claim?

It is OK, never-mind. Please

Impossible. If you really wished us to never mind, you would have deleted your post.

Ciao

- viole

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
By the way, I have provided multiple sources that provide evidence that human beings are responsible for the development of language. You are simply ignoring anything that contradicts your already held beliefs ... which is common practice for you.
Just give one post # in which you had given a 100% accurate source with consensus.
Regards

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Just give one post # in which you had given a 100% accurate source with consensus.
Regards
http://www.theoryofknowledge.net/ways-of-knowing/language/how-did-language-evolve/

- This is a great source to learn about the development of linguistics in human beings. By the way, I said "conclusive" not "consensus". "Conclusive" simply means "decisive" or "convincing" in this context.

By the way, if human beings can create something as technologically advanced as the airplane, why wouldn't we be able to put sounds together to create words?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
http://www.theoryofknowledge.net/ways-of-knowing/language/how-did-language-evolve/
- This is a great source to learn about the development of linguistics in human beings. By the way, I said "conclusive" not "consensus". "Conclusive" simply means "decisive" or "convincing" in this context.
By the way, if human beings can create something as technologically advanced as the airplane, why wouldn't we be able to put sounds together to create words?
Do you think that a conclusive proof is never consensus?
Regards

Demonslayer

Do you think that a conclusive proof is never consensus?
Regards

Of course not, consensus is often wrong. The consensus regarding Down's Syndrome used to be that the people with Down's were possessed by demons. It led to the torture and murder of mentally handicapped people.

We now have conclusive proof that Down's Syndrome is a condition caused by a defect in chromosome 21.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Of course not, consensus is often wrong. The consensus regarding Down's Syndrome used to be that the people with Down's were possessed by demons. It led to the torture and murder of mentally handicapped people.
We now have conclusive proof that Down's Syndrome is a condition caused by a defect in chromosome 21.
But no always, it has a room for the real consensus that would be conclusive also.
Regards

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Regards
Since you have not responded to my question, I will ask it again: Where is YOUR PROOF that humans cannot create words?

Here, I'll create one right now. Creating just one will serve as absolute 100 percent accurate that humans can create words. Here is the word: Tilfliq. It's meaning is the period of time between someone pushing the "Post Reply" button on RF, and the moment that someone else responds to that message by hitting the "post reply" button on their message. It's etymology is that I created it just now.

I've just negated your assertion that humans cannot create words.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Humans create words every now and then, but how people thousands years ago
agreed on what words to use, for example one may say lola for apple, while the other
may choose to call it fofa, so how did they cooperate to develop the language between themselves.

Today we have the media so new words can easily be propagated.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Humans create words every now and then, but how people thousands years ago
agreed on what words to use, for example one may say lola for apple, while the other
may choose to call it fofa, so how did they cooperate to develop the language between themselves.

Today we have the media so new words can easily be propagated.
They talked to each other. And, obviously different groups didn't always agree. Hence, differing dialects and eventually differing languages.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Now that the Atheists are done with their ridicule; please give your argument in plain words.
Please provide your "evidence" you always speak of and demand from others.
Regards

You are being far too modest. The derision being directed toward you crosses all theological boundaries.

You have worked for a very long time and with great effort to create the persona of an unintelligent, ill educated, uninformed and ignorant clown. With your posts on this thread you have brilliantly brought that persona to a new low.

Congratulations.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Regards

I used to lecture in language development, although I'll admit it was quite a while ago.
Do you have any specific questions on the topic? To be honest you seem to be obfuscating, but I'm happy to answer anything you're honestly interested in.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Sorry, I meant to type Godettte. Now we are talking about Godetttes.

By the way, have you ever been to a blog? You are familiar with "blog" as a word? How many times do you think the word blog was used before 1980?

Paarsurrey has his own blog where he likes to show off that people like his posts on this forum. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he assumes Allah created the term 'blog' for Muslims to use, and that non-Muslims stole it.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Please don't worry. The Atheism people are never sure of anything themselves, that is why they sometimes name themselves Skeptics

That title references their position on the existence of deities: e.g. that they're sceptical about the veracity of the claims that deities exist. Dear gods, and you're actually trying to argue language with people?

they are confused hence they just demand evidence from others and are used to sit pretty. It is OK, never-mind. Please
Regards

I must confess myself inadequate to the task of addressing the level of hypocrisy you display here.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I used to lecture in language development, although I'll admit it was quite a while ago.
Do you have any specific questions on the topic? To be honest you seem to be obfuscating, but I'm happy to answer anything you're honestly interested in.
And the lecturers mostly express their opinions, it need not be all facts. Right?
One may try, if one likes, as suggested in Post #45, no compulsion whatsoever.Please
Regards

Last edited: