• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheists believe in miracles more than believers

Eli G

"god of the gaps" ... Isn't that an evolutionist cliché? It's mentioned in this forum thousands of times.

I wonder why "evolution of the gaps" is not mentioned at all, if it makes more sense. :cool:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"god of the gaps" ... Isn't that an evolutionist cliché? It's mentioned in this forum thousands of times.

I wonder why "evolution of the gaps" is not mentioned at all, if it makes more sense. :cool:
Because there is no "evolution of the gaps". That only indicates that creationists do not understand what the God of the Gaps is.

Would you like me to try to explain it to you?

Eli G

Did you know that before scientists discovered what a closed system is, the Bible already described our planet as one of those systems?

Is. 40:12 Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand
And taken the measurements of the heavens with a span of his hand?
Who has gathered in a measure the dust of the earth
Or weighed the mountains in the balances
And the hills in the scales?

Pogo

Did you know that before scientists discovered what a closed system is, the Bible already described our planet as one of those systems?

Oops another error, the earth is not a closed system. LOL

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Not sure which is worse.
That you think the Earth is a closed system or that you think that verse is describing a closed system.

Eli G

I was going to respond to someone, but I just realized that all the previous comments are from people I got on ignore... and now I remember why. They don't seem to have a clue about the things they want to discuss. :cool:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I was going to respond to someone, but I just realized that all the previous comments are from people I got on ignore... and now I remember why. They don't seem to have a clue about the things they want to discuss. :cool:
images.jpg

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I think I read before that the earth is considered both an open and closed system. Open system for energy and a closed system for matter?
It is not completely closed for matter. I believe there is a net loss. Particularly of hydrogen.

Eli G

I think I read before that the earth is considered both an open and closed system. Open system for energy and a closed system for matter?
It is correct.

The oxygen cycle and the water cycle (Job 36:27,28; Eccl. 1:7), which are even mentioned in the Bible, show that the earth is also a closed system. The passage mentioned by me above clearly states that there is an exact measure of air and water that its Creator provided for it, so it is clearly implied that those quantities are stable.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Mere reinterpretation of the sciences after the fact.

If the Bible ever led to a discovery then you could brag about that, but there does not seem to have ever been any.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is correct.

The oxygen cycle and the water cycle (Job 36:27,28; Eccl. 1:7), which are even mentioned in the Bible, show that the earth is also a closed system. The passage mentioned by me above clearly states that there is an exact measure of air and water that its Creator provided for it, so it is clearly implied that those quantities are stable.
No, it doesn't. You are just reinterpreting. Once again, that is easy. Making actual clear predictions is very hard. And when the Bible does that it got them wrong.

Eli G

The Bible is not a science book, but it expresses higher knowledge that was commonly unknown in ancient times, such as the water cycle and the fact that the planet is suspended in the cosmos without physical support.

Furthermore, the laws on quarantine, how to dispose of feces, and other laws given to the Israelites show that the knowledge of the One who inspired the human writers is superior to that of humans. For example, while the Egyptians at that time used human feces for cosmetics and other uses, the Israelites were required by law to bury them outside the camp ... and only today we know the reasons why.

Pogo