• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask the Staff Anything About RF

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I did not see those, I need to take a look. That will do nicely, thank you. I would have not looked for a non-theistic concept under theology.

Can you explain the difference between recent posts and new posts???????
I am not allowed to answer you because I am not staff, but you can find out for yourself. First, click some threads. They will appear as though they are read when you look at the list again. Click the New Posts app. Then click the Recent Posts app.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I admit that I didn't see your post until after I'd posted mine.
You'd think I'd be better at this posting stuff after doing it almost 90,000 times, eh.
Oh, but I didn't really tell him the answer. I showed him how to get it. :D I didn't break a rule.

I think they might have me on ignore because *pats self on the shoulder* I haven't got a point in a long time.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, by my procrastination I have looked up some things. @Revoltingest you are first in posts and first in likes. Also, most top listers (I am not) have the same number of trophy points as I do. I think that is interesting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, but I didn't really tell him the answer. I showed him how to get it. :D I didn't break a rule.

I think they might have me on ignore because *pats self on the shoulder* I haven't got a point in a long time.
They watch me like vultures over a bloated weasel carcass.
But I always pay, & my checks never bounce, so I'm not yet banned.

Last edited by a moderator:

james dixon

Premium Member
Asking the question is one thing; getting an answer is another

At the bottom of one of my posts, I clicked on the [like] button.
I know I cannot "like" my own post.
But I did anyway. Is there a fine or something-? :)-

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow. So many new posts in this thread that I haven't seen. I apologize, all. I only got an alert from this thread now, or at least I didn't notice getting one from it except the one I got today.

I will answer the questions shortly.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm struggling with the new interface, particularly with quoting.

Is there a guide anywhere?

And if not, could someone give me an overview on the +quote vs reply, and how to more easily break up one quote into multiple quotes.

I'm on an iPhone usually, through Safari, if that makes a difference.

There is no guide anywhere that I'm aware of.

When you click the "+ Quote" button, you will have added a post to a "reservoir" of quotes, so to speak. You can store as many posts as you want by clicking on that button to their bottom right. (I'm not aware of any limitation on the number of posts you can quote.) Then, when you're composing a new post, there will be an "Insert Quotes..." button below the typing space. If you click on that, it will give you the option to insert the messages you have quoted into your post. You can quote posts from different threads into other threads using this method.

The "Reply" button quotes one post. If you want to quote multiple posts using the "Reply" button, you can click on it for one post, save it in the draft (by clicking on the floppy disk icon from the options bar above the typing space), and then click "Reply" for another post and save the draft again, and so on. The "+ Quote" button makes it easier to quote multiple posts without having to go back and click the "Reply" button separately for each post you want to quote, and it also doesn't require that you save the draft if you want to quote posts from different pages or threads into one post.

If you want to break a large quote into smaller quotes, you can do one of two things, or both, at your preference:

1) Highlight the part you want to quote from the post with your mouse. When it is highlighted in blue, a small pop-up will appear giving you the option to use one of two buttons: "+ Quote" and "Reply." Clicking "+ Quote" will store it for later insertion into one of your posts, and clicking "Reply" will quote it normally.

This option is very impractical and tedious on a phone, however, so I will delve into the other option:

2) Click the "Reply" button you normally click to quote a post, and then when you want to isolate a particular portion of the post, either delete the rest of the post or, if you want to preserve the whole post but divide it into smaller chunks, just place your text cursor at the beginning of the part you want to quote, type this: [quote ] (without spaces), and then go to the end of the part you want to quote and type [/quote ] (without spaces). This will quote individual parts of your post as desired.

I hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What are trophy points?

They are points you gain when you have met certain criteria. These are the criteria I can see in the admin CP along with the amount of trophy points meeting them gives a member:

First Message: 1 point. For posting at least one message on RF.

Somebody Likes You: 2 points. For receiving at least one like.

Keeps Coming Back: 5 points. For posting 30 messages.

Can't Stop! 10 points. For posting 100 messages.

I Like It a Lot: For receiving 25 likes.

Seriously Likeable! 15 points. For receiving 100 likes.

Addicted: 20 points. For posting 1,000 messages.

Can't Get Enough of Your Stuff: 20 points. For receiving 250 likes.

I LOVE IT! 30 points. For receiving 500 likes.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Cool-----

1. What is the difference between recent posts and new posts, since new posts would be recent and recent posts would be new????

2. can you start a new section for atheism?

1) Recent posts are posts that have been posted recently, and they show up on that tab regardless of whether or not you have read them. New posts are posts that have been posted recently but that you haven't read yet. So when you go to New Posts and read one of the posts there, it will go to Recent Posts.

2) I see that Tarheeler has already answered the second question, so I don't want to repeat what he has already said. :)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Asking the question is one thing; getting an answer is another

At the bottom of one of my posts, I clicked on the [like] button.
I know I cannot "like" my own post.
But I did anyway. Is there a fine or something-? :)-

You saw a "Like" button for one of your own posts?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm allowed to answer because I know the answer....
"New posts" are those which one has not viewed or flagged as viewed.
"Recent posts" are visible whether viewed or not, with the "new posts" in bold.

Oh, just saw this too. Precise and brief answer. :)

james dixon

Premium Member
,..,.,..,.,.,.,The U.S. postal service .,,,.,.,.,.,.,.,
Thank you!!!..,.,.,.

.,.as one grateful for your services :)-

First Baseman

Retired athlete

People put you on ignore because you follow them around and pester them. I nearly did, too.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

People put you on ignore because you follow them around and pester them. I nearly did, too.

Okay, folks, please note that this is not the thread for this. It is meant for asking and answering forum-related questions, not stuff like the above.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Okay, folks, please note that this is not the thread for this. It is meant for asking and answering forum-related questions, not stuff like the above.

Okay, I apologize. I just thought that Savagewind should know the truth. I'm not being unkind I'm just being real.

Last edited: