• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me about my Spiritual Journey

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Great!

I know, the black and white facts/foundations have been left open. Exactly as in the good/evil abstracts that are still open for interpretations.
Totally.

A few verse out of the Tao Te Ching really expanded my mind on such abstracts.

"When people see things as beautiful,
Ugliness is created.
When people see things as good,
Evil is created."

Black produces white and white produces black. They are codependent. If the one concept disappears then so does the other. And their existence destroys what is between. If they disappear then humans have to see things for what they really are rather than the prejudice that this black and white thinking produces. And this is highly uncomfortable to us. We like the shortcut because it feeds our tribalistic egos.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Quite a mess haha!!!

So I knew quite the basics about Hinduism and Taoism when I was a teenager already. But nothing quite detailed.

Hinduism caught my attention now because studying Ancient Egyptian religion turned my view of multiple god religions on its head. I realised how nuanced it could be. This lead me to looking into the nature of gods in hinduism, which turned out to be quite nuanced so i explored more. The concepts of Karma, the yugas, reincarnation and Dharma drew me in even more on an intellectual level. And the real clincher was reading the Bhagavat Gita which spoke to my soul. Also, and extremely important to me, Hinduism doesnt pressure me to belief anything to conform to a dogma, so I can be true to myself which I think is only logical, and my journey can develop at its own pace. Something which I couldnt do before as a Christian.

My fascination with Taoism is related to life experience and how it compliments where i currently stand in life. I have always felt that my overthinking hinders me greatly in life. There is always a dense of an inner self that my overthinking contradicts and when I am in tune with that true self I am at peace and things go well for me. Even though in Hinduism I am taught about the Atman, the concept of the Tao feels like a closer representation to that feeling of self. Also, in the absence of the NT writings, such as Pauls letters, I began to feel fundamentally lost, and I find the Tao te Ching to be a superior replacement and particularly catered to my issues and current level of spiritual growth.
Thank you. I concur that overthinking is a hindrance, and there is a less dogma in the east. I do think the transition can take awhile, perhaps several lifetimes. Best wishes in having it go smoothly.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Thank you. I concur that overthinking is a hindrance, and there is a less dogma in the east. I do think the transition can take awhile, perhaps several lifetimes. Best wishes in having it go smoothly.
Indeed. A cerrain someone on this forum told me to enjoy the journey rather that focus on the destination. Wise words.

And thanks for the wishes! Much appreciated

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Where will you be when you get there.
I don't really care about the end of the destination. That there is always something new to discover is thrilling. I do hope though that by the time I die this journey would have helped me unlock as much of my potential as possible, helped me be at peace, helped me do right by the people important to me and helped me to enjoy life much deeper than i superficially do now.