• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Kemetics/Egyptian faithed persons any question

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
It's been awhile since the last QA thread, or since the Kemetic DIR has been in use, so consider this trying to get it back in use. Basically along the lines of the former QA, ask any question and we'll try our best to assist you, or to direct you to sources.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Do you posses any reading abilities of ancient Egyptian scripts and languages?
Do you carry any genetic baggage of Copts or any ancient Egyptian lineage?
Have you served in any position in the ancient Egyptian society? a scribe maybe? perhaps a simple hardworking farmer at the Nile Delta?
have you served under Pharaoh Ramesses II in the Battle of Kadesh when he was being ambushed by the Hittites led by Muwatalli II?
Have you ever visited the pyramids? perhaps the temple at Luxor?
Have you ever read an ancient Egyptian text in its original language?
Have you ever physically seen the Rosetta stone? do you know of the modern academic competition and military strife between the colonial powers over who will be the first to crack the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs through sheer determination and mental breakdowns of the finest professors and researchers the world has known?

or Are you in it for the fun?

Rainbow Mage

I wouldn't say I'm in it for fun Caladan. I actually believe what I believe, if that's what you mean. No I've never visited the pyramids, seen the Rosetta Stone, etc. Yes, I actually am trying to learn some of the language and we have people in Kemetic Orthodoxy with the certifications to teach some of these things.

Edit: And what does being genetically related to the Egyptians have to do with it?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I wouldn't say I'm in it for fun Caladan. I actually believe what I believe, if that's what you mean. No I've never visited the pyramids, seen the Rosetta Stone, etc. Yes, I actually am trying to learn some of the language and we have people in Kemetic Orthodoxy with the certifications to teach some of these things.
Oh, so you just believe in it, what ever that is. you've never read their scripts and sacred texts in the original language, never physically visited their temples and discussed their architectural features with an Egyptian academic.
I'm beginning to see a pattern here. perhaps of a former religion you belonged to.

Edit: And what does being genetically related to the Egyptians have to do with it?
It was after all. the religion of the Pharaohs. and I can tell you they did not like foreigners.

Rainbow Mage

Oh, so you just believe in it, what ever that is. you've never read their scripts and sacred texts in the original language, never physically visited their temples and discussed their architectural features with an Egyptian academic.
I'm beginning to see a pattern here. perhaps of a former religion you belonged to.

I have read some of their texts and scripts, but not in the original languages. I would love to visit their temples if I could afford it. As for Egyptian academics, the leader of our faith is a certified Egyptologist.

It was after all. the religion of the Pharaohs. and I can tell you they did not like foreigners.

At first that's certainly true. The Egyptians initially didn't like foreigners, but the fact is, there were times they were ruled by foreigners, and these foreigners often took up the faith of the nation. Foreigners came to be a part of Egyptian life, especially when the Macedonians took over. They became less Xenophobic as time went on.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I have read some of their texts and scripts, but not in the original languages. I would love to visit their temples if I could afford it. As for Egyptian academics, the leader of our faith is a certified Egyptologist.
Good Lord. was he/she excommunicated from the Academic institutes?

At first that's certainly true. The Egyptians initially didn't like foreigners, but the fact is, there were times they were ruled by foreigners, and these foreigners often took up the faith of the nation. Foreigners came to be a part of Egyptian life, especially when the Macedonians took over. They became less Xenophobic as time went on.
We have already been through that. should I give you the history lesson again?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
In other words. you want to preach a revisionistic history of Egypt and justify it with your beliefs. are you just using this DIR as a shield to do that?

Rainbow Mage

In other words. you want to preach a revisionistic history of Egypt and justify it with your beliefs. are you just using this DIR as a shield to do that?

No that's not what I'm doing. However, the purpose of this thread isn't a debate.

Rainbow Mage

However, if you'd like verification of the credentials of our faith's leader as an Egyptologist and her contemporaries who admire her work, I can certainly provide you that. Did you know she has worked with Zaheed Hawas?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
However, if you'd like verification of the credentials of our faith's leader as an Egyptologist and her contemporaries who admire her work, I can certainly provide you that. Did you know she has worked with Zaheed Hawas?
Can you at least spell his name right?

acidrica

Wannabe Mortician
From what I personally have heard, we (At least, Kemetic Orthodox, as this is the only experience I have) don't claim to be the truth (in fact, on our forums we will frequently chastise those who do speak as if we are the only true faith out there), and we don't claim to practice the ancient Egyptian's religion exactly as it was practiced. We aren't strict reconstructionists. Thing's have been changed. I don't believe that we practice as the ancients did. I do however, believe that our system is a valid way to commune with the gods. I personally don't see how this constitutes as preaching. Though as to other Kemetic paths, I have no idea, I'll be the first to admit.

Last edited:

Joshua Noctis

A Curious Wanderer
Do you posses any reading abilities of ancient Egyptian scripts and languages?
Do you carry any genetic baggage of Copts or any ancient Egyptian lineage?
No, I am American

Have you served in any position in the ancient Egyptian society? a scribe maybe? perhaps a simple hardworking farmer at the Nile Delta?
No, that's in impossible.

have you served under Pharaoh Ramesses II in the Battle of Kadesh when he was being ambushed by the Hittites led by Muwatalli II?
No, once again, that's impossible.

Have you ever visited the pyramids? perhaps the temple at Luxor?
Not yet.

Have you ever read an ancient Egyptian text in its original language?
No.

Have you ever physically seen the Rosetta stone? do you know of the modern academic competition and military strife between the colonial powers over who will be the first to crack the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs through sheer determination and mental breakdowns of the finest professors and researchers the world has known?

No, and this suppose to be some sort of a goverment consipracy?

or Are you in it for the fun?

No, I am not in it for "fun." If I was going to be part of a religion just for fun, I would go join the Church of the Flying Spagetthi Monster. I'm sorry, but the existence know as entropy is as real to me as the computer I am typing on now.
If Yinepu decides to come help me gain understanding and enlightment in this life, than by means, I let him.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
For clarification purposes from the House of Netjer website:

[SIZE=+1]Introduction[/SIZE]
Kemetic Orthodoxy is a modern practice of the religious tradition of Ancient Egypt (known to its own people as Kemet). This particular practice was founded by Her Holiness Hekatawy I (Tamara L. Siuda) in the late 1980s CE, and is called Kemetic Orthodoxy after the term Kemetic for "of Kemet," Kemet being the ancient name of Egypt; and Orthodox meaning "a sect conforming to established doctrine especially in religion."

Through the foundation of ancient thought and spiritual structure, devotees of Kemetic Orthodoxy follow the path their forebears first walked more than 4,000 years ago. Kemetic Orthodoxy is an African Traditional Religion and bears similarity to several other African and African Diaspora religions (such as the West African religions of the Yoruba, Akan, and Dahomeyan peoples and the Afro-Caribbean practices of Vodou, Candomble, and Santeria) as well some of the practices known from ancient northeastern Africa and the ancient Near East. Practicing Kemetic Orthodoxy requires a commitment to preserving the cultural heritage established in the past which Kemetic Orthodoxy continues to represent, even in places and times well removed from its original practice.
The Kemetic Orthodox faith, both in its modern and ancient practice, is a monolatrous religion. Monolatry is a different concept than monotheism, where it is believed God manifests in one form and one form only, nor is it an undifferentiated polytheism, where many gods appear in many separate and distinct forms. Monolatry is a special form of polytheism, having a multi-god structure still providing the possibility of understanding all divine beings as part of one divine source. A monolatrous religion professes one divine force (Netjer in the Kemetic language, meaning "divine power") that is in turn comprised of other separate, yet interlinked aspects, like a team can be defined both as one entity (the sum of its parts) and by individual members themselves. The "gods and goddesses" of Ancient Egypt, while clearly differentiated from each other in some respects and not as clearly in others, also each represent an aspect of Netjer, as Its Names (after the practice of recognizing Netjer "in Its Name of..." in ritual invocations). The Names of Netjer are in addition to being individual entities, also representative aspects of the Self-Created One, and are parts of that whole Being. Each Name of Netjer, like the parts of the human body, has differing structure and function, yet each part is required to constitute the entire Person.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
No, I am not in it for "fun." If I was going to be part of a religion just for fun, I would go join the Church of the Flying Spagetthi Monster. I'm sorry, but the existence know as entropy is as real to me as the computer I am typing on now.
If Yinepu decides to come help me gain understanding and enlightment in this life, than by means, I let him.
So if you listed no. to all of the above. and you consider a real historical episode of colonial strife between France and Britain to be 'some sort of a government conspiracy'. why are you following the gods of foreign cultures?
cultures who have themselves long abandoned these gods to their fate in the desert?