• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we close to world war III

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Just curious, how would you support peace and justice in the world; and what does that even mean?
Do you really think I can explain this in a post?

Here is a simple one sentence answer. It is nothing like complete.
Base our decisions on observation and reason, eliminate ideologies like capitalism, Christianity, communism, Islam and such.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I disagree with you , supporting Assad mean supporting "anti-ISIS " , supporting rebels is mean supporting ISIS

I did not say any of that. I said, "Get the **** out". Don't support any of the violent people.

I would be OK with humanitarian aid, if I was sure that is what is really happening.
But the Syrians don't need any western aid. They've got their Muslim community who have plenty of money and a much better understanding of the real needs.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
this is the cure :
Stop supporting Israel mean stop supporting AIPAC ; so there is no war or threaten , so stop selling weapons , so stop wars and terrorists .
How would that stop Muslims from slaughtering other Muslims?
I also want the USA to get out of Israel. But blaming Israel for what Muslims do to each other is stupid. Islam is why Isis exists, not AIPAC. Stop kidding yourself about that.
Tom

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
How would that stop Muslims from slaughtering other Muslims?
I also want the USA to get out of Israel. But blaming Israel for what Muslims do to each other is stupid. Islam is why Isis exists, not AIPAC. Stop kidding yourself about that.
Tom
do you remember that we deal that AIPAC is which take control on USA policy ?

I am not blaming Israel for what Muslims do to each other .directly , it's indirectly .

I am blaming Israel for what it did to Muslims ,since 1948 , so extremists and hate grow up since there , it's childhood thinking yeah .

Iraqi/Iran war supported by West and king of oil .

so all wars of West in ME is because of Israel want (AIPAC)

Israel wished that West never make peace with Iran .

Saudi Arabia the source of takfiri/ Jihadi against Muslims and non-Muslims , is the top ally to West and may Israel (in secret) .

the population in ME are religious , so the civil wars that happened because intervention of West, run out as religious war .

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Russia is asking USA to leave Syria immediately, and Putin just got the permission from the Kremlin to send Russian troops to Syria,
Any small mistake can lead to a disaster, USA refused to leave and Russia is preparing for a war.

Russian officials have demanded that American warplanes exit Syrian airspace immediately, a senior U.S. official told Fox News early Wednesday.

The official told Fox News that Russian diplomats sent an official demarche ordering U.S. planes out of Syria, adding that Russian fighter jets were now flying over Syrian territory. U.S. military sources told Fox News that U.S. planes would not comply with the Russian demand.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/0...lawmakers-back-putin-sending-troops-to-syria/

The Russian parliament on Wednesday unanimously granted President Vladimir Putin the right to deploy the country’s military in Syria, a move a top Kremlin aide said related only to the air force. -
http://indianexpress.com/article/wo...-deploy-troops-in-syria/#sthash.YFXn4xRW.dpuf

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Do you really think I can explain this in a post?

Here is a simple one sentence answer. It is nothing like complete.
Base our decisions on observation and reason, eliminate ideologies like capitalism, Christianity, communism, Islam and such.
Tom

Yeah, let's make sure we throw it out all of that stuff like "Do unto others and you would have them do unto you," "Love your neighbor as yourself," you know, all of that Biblical hogwash that makes no sense.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yeah, let's make sure we throw it out all of that stuff like "Do unto others and you would have them do unto you," "Love your neighbor as yourself," you know, all of that Biblical hogwash that makes no sense.
If the Bible consistently taught that, and no other teaching did, I'd be totally with you buddy. But neither one is true.
Read Leviticus. I have, and it is not in there. But that is Holy Bible. And you will find the values you're describing in lots of other places.
That is secular morality. Moral teachings that are not from any one religious ideology.

The current best expression is Secular Humanism. It is a good deal more specific than the Bible. And it is a moral code based on the current reality, not the primitive beliefs of some bronze age people who didn't even know that the earth is round.

Tom

First Baseman

Retired athlete
If the Bible consistently taught that, and no other teaching did, I'd be totally with you buddy. But neither one is true.
Read Leviticus. I have, and it is not in there. But that is Holy Bible. And you will find the values you're describing in lots of other places.
That is secular morality. Moral teachings that are not from any one religious ideology.

The current best expression is Secular Humanism. It is a good deal more specific than the Bible. And it is a moral code based on the current reality, not the primitive beliefs of some bronze age people who didn't even know that the earth is round.

Tom

No thanks. I'll stick with Jesus. He died for me and yet He is alive.

Not of we remember to capitalize on Russia's inability to learn from Afghanistan. If we get involved, then yes, we could be headed toward a real problem. I think we should let the Russians get all involved in that region. There is no margin in it. Lack of action on our part may be seen as cowardice by some, but to me it's a calculated move. Getting mixed up in the affairs of that region just drains resources and besides, we are looking at the wrong map when we try to assess issues In those countries. We see things like Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel and so forth, That is not what the people over there see. They see Sunni, Shia'a, Kharijite, Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'i, Kurd, Jew, Christian and whatever. They are not fighting wars based on the geography we know. They are fighting wars based on deep rooted and ancient divisions that we have very little understanding of. We are looking for outcomes that are alien to the thinking of the people we are interfering with. So let the Russians try and interfere. They'll just be wasting their own national treasures in a pointless enterprise in the end,

All the best,
Gary

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
We see things like Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel and so forth, That is not what the people over there see. They see Sunni, Shia'a, Kharijite, Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi'i, Kurd, Jew, Christian and whatever.
This is the point. The USA keeps having to relearn this.
Yes, we played a huge part in creating the mess. But that doesn't mean we can help fix it.
It was not all that long ago that USA leaders wanted to give some rebels surface-to-air missiles to fend off Assad's air superiority. Shortly after they renamed themselves ISIL.
We should just get out and let Russia battle.
Tom