• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Ode to Ra

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I wrote this recently. Reviews are always welcome

Just as the sun illumines the whole world and gives life to all, so does Ra illumine the whole of creation and give true life to all. He grants it to the highest down to the lowest, and is not slack in bestowing good things to all, just as the sun bestows life on all without bias or thought. This is the love of Ra to his creatures.

Rainbow Mage

Ode #2

Consider the grace of Netjer on all it's creatures, but especially on humanity. Blessed be the son of humanity on the day Ra created him, on the day Djehuty wrote the book of decrees, on the day Seshat gave him the guidance of Ma'at, a word in the hearts of man, reflected from the light of Amun himself. Blessings be on every devotee of God most glorious, regardless of creed. Blessings on the day they are born, on the day they die, and on the day they attain the afterlife. This is the blessings of Netjer, of which the materialists dispute.

Rainbow Mage

Ode #3

The Creator many times great; Ra, Atum, Amun, Khnum, Ptah, and a myriad of beautiful names. Netjer gives it's gifts freely to all, so let us give good things to those who ask. Netjer grants life, even to the ungrateful, so let us do good, even to those who hate us. Netjer does not strike down the creation in anger, so let us restain anger from our agressors using reason and discernment. Netjer is slow to punish Isfet and quick to show mercy, so let us be slow to punish and quick to be merciful.

Kai'a

Freethinker
I loved especially the third one. I think it's something beautiful, that which could be used daily. Before or eventually after the senut, in blend with KO rites.

Kai'a

Freethinker
Sure thing, I'm not claiming they're *not*, just that they inspired me strongly and I can imagine something like this being implemented into something else in more official spirit.

I didn't mean to be offensive or disruptive.

Rainbow Mage

Sure thing, I'm not claiming they're *not*, just that they inspired me strongly and I can imagine something like this being implemented into something else in more official spirit.

I didn't mean to be offensive or disruptive.

You weren't offensive at all, I was just sayin.