• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Agnosticism

Ignatius A

Vaccines do reduce the incidence of infection. Now some work better than others. For example, two doses of MMR vaccine are 97% effective against measles but only 88% effective against mumps.
Right but then three shots polio vaccine is 99.9% effective at preventing the disease.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Right and a vaccine no longer needs to prevent a disease in order to be called a vaccine because the actual definition was inconvenient. BTW I have no need of your "benefit of the doubt" no matter how serious it is.

Good thing you don't care about me taking you seriously, because trying to threadjack a thread about agnosticism with an unprompted, unhinged anti-vax rant is pretty much the opposite of what you would need to do for that.

Ignatius A

Good thing you don't care about me taking you seriously, because trying to threadjack a thread about agnosticism with an unprompted, unhinged anti-vax rant is pretty much the opposite of what you would need to do for that.
Point is you can define things how you like but that don't make it so.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Right but then three shots polio vaccine is 99.9% effective at preventing the disease.
Sure. The polio vaccine is one of the most efficient vaccines we have. I'm just pointing out that other vaccines have a much lower efficiency, and that this fact doesn't mean they don't reduce infections. For example, data released Feb 1, 2024 shows that the most recent Covid booster has only a 54% efficacy rate. Despite that very low rate, it STILL prevents some infections, and is indeed a vaccine.