• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Afterlife

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you have any sense at all where you’re going after death or is it just a hunch?

I expect at first, I would be taken to the county morgue, depending on where I happen to be when I die. I would likely be in some refrigerator for a few days. Or they might embalm me and put me on display in some casket with flowers all around. I would probably be cremated, and what's left of me would go up in smoke, with the ashes and remaining bone fragments placed in some sort urn or other container and buried or scattered somewhere.

King Phenomenon

I expect at first, I would be taken to the county morgue, depending on where I happen to be when I die. I would likely be in some refrigerator for a few days. Or they might embalm me and put me on display in some casket with flowers all around. I would probably be cremated, and what's left of me would go up in smoke, with the ashes and remaining bone fragments placed in some sort urn or other container and buried or scattered somewhere.
Just saying no would’ve been easier. Haha

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The first law of thermodynamics tell us that in a closed system mass/energy cannot be created or destroyed. Meaning in this case that the atoms that build your body are reused, (the universe is the ultimate in recycling). Your atoms become worm food, fertiliser for the soil, plants, trees etc... eventually some of those atoms will find their way into other life forms including human beings. That way we are all made of dead people.

So our consciousness ends with our death and our atoms go on forever

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Yes, I'd have to say I do. My body will return to the earth -- particularly my son's will spread my ashes in a certain place of family meaning. And my spiritual being, aka my soul, will return to it's source to be re-packaged for another mission of God's will.

King Phenomenon

The first law of thermodynamics tell us that in a closed system mass/energy cannot be created or destroyed. Meaning in this case that the atoms that build your body are reused, (the universe is the ultimate in recycling). Your atoms become worm food, fertiliser for the soil, plants, trees etc... eventually some of those atoms will find their way into other life forms including human beings. That way we are all made of dead people.

So our consciousness ends with our death and our atoms go on forever
Yes, but do you sense this will happen?

Ajax

I wouldn’t have a sense about another another living being but my hunch is they’re going nowhere.
Well, you found the answer then...:)

Scientific classification

Domain: Eukaryota
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Suborder: Haplorhini
Infraorder: Simiiformes
Family: Hominidae
Subfamily: Homininae
Tribe: Hominini
Genus: Homo

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Just saying no would’ve been easier. Haha

Well, I suppose, but you asked if I had a sense of where "I" would go after death. That's the usual procedure when anyone dies, although it can vary, depending on jurisdiction.

I guess you're asking about whether or not there's a soul that "goes" somewhere at the point of death, leaving the body to go someplace else (like a big bright light, as some people might say). I honestly don't know. As for hunches, if we're assuming the afterlife to be made by the same entity which created the universe we currently live in, operating according to the same laws of nature, then it may not necessarily be some sort of "paradise" as some might expect (or "hell" either).

It would probably be something closer to "heck."

King Phenomenon

Well, you found the answer then...:)

Scientific classification

Domain: Eukaryota
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Suborder: Haplorhini
Infraorder: Simiiformes
Family: Hominidae
Subfamily: Homininae
Tribe: Hominini
Genus: Homo
Yes, but are all animals created equal?;) You thought you fooled me didn’t you ha ha.

Ajax

Yes, but are all animals created equal?;) .
You should be asking if all animals created evolved equal...No they didn't as such, but at the most basic level, all organisms are made of a combination of atoms. They contain atoms that combine together to form molecules. In multicellular organisms, such as animals, molecules can interact to form cells that combine to form tissues, which make up organs.

King Phenomenon

Well, I suppose, but you asked if I had a sense of where "I" would go after death. That's the usual procedure when anyone dies, although it can vary, depending on jurisdiction.

I guess you're asking about whether or not there's a soul that "goes" somewhere at the point of death, leaving the body to go someplace else (like a big bright light, as some people might say). I honestly don't know. As for hunches, if we're assuming the afterlife to be made by the same entity which created the universe we currently live in, operating according to the same laws of nature, then it may not necessarily be some sort of "paradise" as some might expect (or "hell" either).

It would probably be something closer to "heck."
Well, the “usual procedure” isn’t really a sense is it?

King Phenomenon

You should be asking if all animals created evolved equal...No they didn't as such, but at the most basic level, all organisms are made of a combination of atoms. They contain atoms that combine together to form molecules. In multicellular organisms, such as animals, molecules can interact to form cells that combine to form tissues, which make up organs.
I wouldn’t ask if all animals evolved equally because I don’t think evolution over billions of years took place, but that’s for another thread.