• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A theory of everything

kaat

Storm Animal
Back in 2008, I started a long, arduous thread here. I'm back, and I hope my thinking has matured. My problem was that I was trying to address everything at once. You'll see the irony of that...

I'm interested in a grand unified theory of everything. But not only for science. For everything. The shortest way I can summarize my efforts so far is this:

Everything is what it is, and is also the opposite of what it is, at the same time. Everything we experience is symmetrical waves on an otherwise still pool. This explains everything.

The old thread contains most of the explanation. But it's very hard to discern, I was so scattered. So I welcome any new discussion. I can elaborate as desired. Thanks.

garrydons

Back in 2008, I started a long, arduous thread here. I'm back, and I hope my thinking has matured. My problem was that I was trying to address everything at once. You'll see the irony of that...

I'm interested in a grand unified theory of everything. But not only for science. For everything. The shortest way I can summarize my efforts so far is this:

Everything is what it is, and is also the opposite of what it is, at the same time. Everything we experience is symmetrical waves on an otherwise still pool. This explains everything.

The old thread contains most of the explanation. But it's very hard to discern, I was so scattered. So I welcome any new discussion. I can elaborate as desired. Thanks.

Shalom! Are you referring to the Origin of Everything?

kaat

Storm Animal
Not to be funny, but I'm referring to everything. Unqualified.

Last edited:

garrydons

You may be referring to theory of evolution. Since you are looking for a Theory which is a proposition, a hyphothesis then perhaps to give answer from the Bible is unacceptable coz the
Bible is not a Theory.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
You may be referring to theory of evolution. Since you are looking for a Theory which is a proposition, a hyphothesis then perhaps to give answer from the Bible is unacceptable coz the
Bible is not a Theory.

You do realize you're in the non-theism folder, right? No one here is looking for a biblical explanation of anything.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Bible is not a Theory.

The Bible is more like a hypothesis, much more unstable than a theory...

Wait, maybe it's not even a hypothesis, it cannot be tested!

kaat

Storm Animal
Bible is not a Theory.
Sorry, I don't understand. This has nothing to do with the Bible. Other than the fact that it explains that too.

Last edited:

kaat

Storm Animal

I'm sorry this opening explanation is so long, but I feel it needs to be. See if you think it's worth the effort. I will make any further posts much more concise. You've seen the tip of the iceberg; let me try to expose the rest.

Probably the best way for me to begin explaining is with examples.

One person might see a glass with some water in it as being half-full. Another sees it as half-empty. So which is it? My answer - it's both, at all times. To mirror the theory, it is what it is, and is also the opposite. To extend the thinking to everything is not immediately so simple. But it works, to amazing effect.

If each glass-observer develops interpretations of the universe based on what they see, we get divergent perspectives. Yet those perspectives were actually based on the same thing. Consider that each of our total world perspectives are similarly based on our previous and subsequent findings, and you begin to see those perspectives as nothing more than lattice-works of deceit. There is no such thing as perspective, except in our minds. Just as there is no such thing as time.

Whatever thing (any thing) is in question - the glass in this case, therefore has properties in common with quantum theory. We don't really know what the glass is, and can only report it's appearance at any given point. Or, if we do know what the glass is, we can predict what it's appearance will be at any point. What obscures this vision is our tendency to set early impressions in stone, often forever more. It's a question of our need to settle for answers as to what anything really is. How could we live without doing that? More on this below.

I believe this also explains the origin of faith. E.g.: Our general faith that an apple will fall downwards when we drop it. It does seem to do so every time. Science describes the reason why, but science also knows that the apple could most certainly fall upwards, for various reasons (like, say, some metal was embedded in it, and a magnet was used to pull it upwards).

So do apples fall up or down? Both, at the same time. Mostly not the same apple, but even that could happen. Such dualities, as pondered in quantum theory, and now according to my theory, are not what we previously thought they were. We thought they were an impasse, and that we had to accept an inability to see more than one key property at a time. Not so.

I propose that my theory covers everything, or that's the goal. But it's just a tool. A new paradigm for assessing, well, everything. So is it anything more than some kind of philosophical adjunct? Absolutely. Once the theory is fully realized, it inevitably gives us a whole new way of understanding and interpreting everything. From the finest details of science, to the highest metaphysical concepts.

Now, with the above in mind, if you start playing with it, you'll find that the theory fits with everything in some way. It may appear to be different ways at first, but really it's not. The way I've been testing it for years is to always be asking if there's anything I can't consider in this way. There hasn't been.

To refer back to quantum theory; it centers around having to accept that we can only know probabilities, not absolutes. If you're thinking that quantum mechanics only apply to the sub-atomic realm, well that's not really true, and it actually doesn't matter anyway. It's only the essence of quantum thinking that we need here. The dualities, so says my theory, are not necessarily problems. They also represent choices. Choices that in fact we humans need to be careful NOT to make. Making such a choice is an act of denial. Denial of our inability to "know" anything for sure.

Has it occurred to you, that when asked any question, wherein the asker seeks a binary judgement in response, you falter, because you instinctively know that any such judgement is flawed? For example, "Was the movie good?". Chances are you felt it was good in some way, and bad in another. Either you settle for, and give, the closest answer - it was good, or it was bad. Or, you begin to explain how it was both. Something else to think about - if you actually thought the movie was all good, you definitely missed what was bad about it. I mean, it cost you $12 and two hours to see, didn't it? And so on. So far, I haven't found a situation that doesn't get entangled in this trap.

So how could we live without faith of any kind? Referring back to my theory summary, if we could all live without faith, it would be equivalent to eliminating all the waves in the pool. In our real world, all is waves; our waves, started by us, and amplified by us. Interference everywhere. We're never going to get very far if we're constantly caught up in all the confusion.

You want tolerance, peace, unity, and all the rest of it? This is the way to get there. We would all wake up and realize that we know nothing. Our very thoughts, all of them, are worthless. They're just echoes of all that confusion, preying on our minds. If we got it straight, we would have no need to think about anything at all. Why, then, would we ever have needed such advanced brains? Well, we would never arrive at this "right view" without them. Of course, it doesn't mean we'll stop thinking; just that our subconscious competencies will change drastically. We feel the need to "think" about our part, our influence on, or our influence from, everything. But it's not necessary.

If you're getting the hang of it, try this: Knowing what you now know, consider that everything I have said here is both true, and false - that's the law. It might seem crazy at first, but if you work through it, you'll find it's true. And false. It's probably not good to over-think it, because it's like peeling back each layer of an onion, looking for the part that can't be peeled back. Ain't gonna happen. But again, it's us, as the uninitiated, needing constant reminders that we know nothing. Stop it - you don't know ANYTHING!

And finally, for now, if you don't know anything, then according to my law, you also know everything. Right now, I'm just looking for people that can relate, and might contribute to pursuing it.

Thanks.

icekold

Helper
Back in 2008, I started a long, arduous thread ]. I'm back, and I hope my thinking has matured. My problem was that I was trying to address everything at once. You'll see the irony of that...

I'm interested in a grand unified theory of everything.

Ahh another searcher sorry i couldn't find your grand theory but then i didnt feel like reading every page at the moment.

I was looking for a place to drop my blog about religions and the reason for their similarities i will start a new thread no idea where yet

garrydons

You do realize you're in the non-theism folder, right? No one here is looking for a biblical explanation of anything.

Then you have to change your title. Because if we say "Religious Education Forum" it simply denotes that you are open to all religions in the world to be fair.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I am new here; is discussion or debate or projection of different point of view allowed here?

Just for information, please.

Super Universe

Defender of God

I'm sorry this opening explanation is so long, but I feel it needs to be. See if you think it's worth the effort. I will make any further posts much more concise. You've seen the tip of the iceberg; let me try to expose the rest.

Probably the best way for me to begin explaining is with examples.

One person might see a glass with some water in it as being half-full. Another sees it as half-empty. So which is it? My answer - it's both, at all times. To mirror the theory, it is what it is, and is also the opposite. To extend the thinking to everything is not immediately so simple. But it works, to amazing effect.

If each glass-observer develops interpretations of the universe based on what they see, we get divergent perspectives. Yet those perspectives were actually based on the same thing. Consider that each of our total world perspectives are similarly based on our previous and subsequent findings, and you begin to see those perspectives as nothing more than lattice-works of deceit. There is no such thing as perspective, except in our minds. Just as there is no such thing as time.

Whatever thing (any thing) is in question - the glass in this case, therefore has properties in common with quantum theory. We don't really know what the glass is, and can only report it's appearance at any given point. Or, if we do know what the glass is, we can predict what it's appearance will be at any point. What obscures this vision is our tendency to set early impressions in stone, often forever more. It's a question of our need to settle for answers as to what anything really is. How could we live without doing that? More on this below.

I believe this also explains the origin of faith. E.g.: Our general faith that an apple will fall downwards when we drop it. It does seem to do so every time. Science describes the reason why, but science also knows that the apple could most certainly fall upwards, for various reasons (like, say, some metal was embedded in it, and a magnet was used to pull it upwards).

So do apples fall up or down? Both, at the same time. Mostly not the same apple, but even that could happen. Such dualities, as pondered in quantum theory, and now according to my theory, are not what we previously thought they were. We thought they were an impasse, and that we had to accept an inability to see more than one key property at a time. Not so.

I propose that my theory covers everything, or that's the goal. But it's just a tool. A new paradigm for assessing, well, everything. So is it anything more than some kind of philosophical adjunct? Absolutely. Once the theory is fully realized, it inevitably gives us a whole new way of understanding and interpreting everything. From the finest details of science, to the highest metaphysical concepts.

Now, with the above in mind, if you start playing with it, you'll find that the theory fits with everything in some way. It may appear to be different ways at first, but really it's not. The way I've been testing it for years is to always be asking if there's anything I can't consider in this way. There hasn't been.

To refer back to quantum theory; it centers around having to accept that we can only know probabilities, not absolutes. If you're thinking that quantum mechanics only apply to the sub-atomic realm, well that's not really true, and it actually doesn't matter anyway. It's only the essence of quantum thinking that we need here. The dualities, so says my theory, are not necessarily problems. They also represent choices. Choices that in fact we humans need to be careful NOT to make. Making such a choice is an act of denial. Denial of our inability to "know" anything for sure.

Has it occurred to you, that when asked any question, wherein the asker seeks a binary judgement in response, you falter, because you instinctively know that any such judgement is flawed? For example, "Was the movie good?". Chances are you felt it was good in some way, and bad in another. Either you settle for, and give, the closest answer - it was good, or it was bad. Or, you begin to explain how it was both. Something else to think about - if you actually thought the movie was all good, you definitely missed what was bad about it. I mean, it cost you $12 and two hours to see, didn't it? And so on. So far, I haven't found a situation that doesn't get entangled in this trap.

So how could we live without faith of any kind? Referring back to my theory summary, if we could all live without faith, it would be equivalent to eliminating all the waves in the pool. In our real world, all is waves; our waves, started by us, and amplified by us. Interference everywhere. We're never going to get very far if we're constantly caught up in all the confusion.

You want tolerance, peace, unity, and all the rest of it? This is the way to get there. We would all wake up and realize that we know nothing. Our very thoughts, all of them, are worthless. They're just echoes of all that confusion, preying on our minds. If we got it straight, we would have no need to think about anything at all. Why, then, would we ever have needed such advanced brains? Well, we would never arrive at this "right view" without them. Of course, it doesn't mean we'll stop thinking; just that our subconscious competencies will change drastically. We feel the need to "think" about our part, our influence on, or our influence from, everything. But it's not necessary.

If you're getting the hang of it, try this: Knowing what you now know, consider that everything I have said here is both true, and false - that's the law. It might seem crazy at first, but if you work through it, you'll find it's true. And false. It's probably not good to over-think it, because it's like peeling back each layer of an onion, looking for the part that can't be peeled back. Ain't gonna happen. But again, it's us, as the uninitiated, needing constant reminders that we know nothing. Stop it - you don't know ANYTHING!

And finally, for now, if you don't know anything, then according to my law, you also know everything. Right now, I'm just looking for people that can relate, and might contribute to pursuing it.

Thanks.

You're taking particle physics and trying to apply it to large objects that are more controlled by relative physics (gravity). It doesn't work that way. Quantum rules apply to quantum objects. Gravity rules everything else. They're not opposites, each does it's job to keep the universe in shape.

In quantum physics, you can know absolutes. Particles have absolute mass and energy. What you can't determine is absolute location of the particle.

As for your symmetry idea, it doesn't quite work either. You could say that black is the opposite of white but then yellow would have to be the opposite of green. It doesn't quite work, does it?

Sometimes a movie isn't good or bad, it's just okay.

The waves in our world are not just created by faith, they're called "control drama's". People cause drama, most often to achieve some goal, control of another or others, or perhaps impressing another with how smart we are, or whatever.

kaat

Storm Animal
You're taking particle physics and trying to apply it to large objects that are more controlled by relative physics (gravity). It doesn't work that way. Quantum rules apply to quantum objects. Gravity rules everything else. They're not opposites, each does it's job to keep the universe in shape.

In quantum physics, you can know absolutes. Particles have absolute mass and energy. What you can't determine is absolute location of the particle.

As for your symmetry idea, it doesn't quite work either. You could say that black is the opposite of white but then yellow would have to be the opposite of green. It doesn't quite work, does it?

Sometimes a movie isn't good or bad, it's just okay.

The waves in our world are not just created by faith, they're called "control drama's". People cause drama, most often to achieve some goal, control of another or others, or perhaps impressing another with how smart we are, or whatever.

I understand you working on these details, but you gave no indication as to whether the whole thing makes any sense to you. What do you feel?

Re: Colours - interesting point. If you ask an artist what the opposite of green is, they might say orange, since that's it's complementary colour. However, I wonder about grey - I have a feeling it's opposite must be grey. That's a bit weird, and I wonder what the implications of this might be. It's as if to say that there exist opposites that one cannot tell apart. Hmm ...

Re: Movies - isn't "okay" just another way of saying "good and bad"?

"Control Dramas" are interesting, yes? I believe that notion arose in The Celestine Prophecy - an interesting book. I don't know much about it, though. Could you share more about those, and how you see it fitting with my theory? Thanks.

Cheers,
Martin

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Everything owes its existence from the real and absolute existence of the Creator God; but for Him nothing would have existed.

I think it helps

kaat

Storm Animal
Everything owes its existence from the real and absolute existence of the Creator God; but for Him nothing would have existed.

I think it helps

I can only agree. I do believe in God myself. However, I don't believe this means we are to blindly follow words from a book that HUMANS wrote.

If you can answer one simple question, we may be onto something: Why, PRECISELY, do humans have such amazing brains; such intelligence, and such inquisitiveness?

After all, it is THAT power, unlike the animals, that has allowed us to think that we know better than God, and therefore we've gotten everything quite, quite wrong. Unless, of course, this planet is supposed to be as messed up as it is!

Best regards,
Martin

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I can only agree. I do believe in God myself. However, I don't believe this means we are to blindly follow words from a book that HUMANS wrote.

If you can answer one simple question, we may be onto something: Why, PRECISELY, do humans have such amazing brains; such intelligence, and such inquisitiveness?

After all, it is THAT power, unlike the animals, that has allowed us to think that we know better than God, and therefore we've gotten everything quite, quite wrong. Unless, of course, this planet is supposed to be as messed up as it is!

Best regards,
Martin

I don't agree that humans know better than the Creator God; it is just an illusion. The Creator God only has the Absolute Knowledge.

kaat

Storm Animal
An observation ... in many of "our" thoughts arrived at through "seeking", here and elsewhere, the word "symmetry" comes up.

I believe this may be because if we are created in the image of God, or we are a reflection of God, well, there's your symmetry :)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
However, I don't believe this means we are to blindly follow words from a book that HUMANS wrote.

I agree with you; truthful religion is not a blind faith; blind faith is sort of doubt in faith and leads to extremism that ultimately derails one from the right path.