• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the creator of this World?

Do you believe our world is a domain of the devil?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • God and devil don't exist

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • We are Gods

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • There are many Gods

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

justaguy313

Premium Member
Do you believe our world is a domain of the devil?

If yes, write why you think so

If no, write why you think so

GDHBgbRXIAAuG8D.jpg

GC_rCBoXEAAo6SO.jpg

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
No, because evil (as in the worst behaviours, and supposedly coming from such - the devil) can be explained quite satisfactorily without the need for such a concept. Even if such is a handy concept for those espousing certain beliefs (mostly religious ones) - as a target and label to use against others.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There are around 3800 creator gods that have been throughout history or are being worshiped today.

justaguy313

Premium Member
''The glory of the transcendent is made manifest in a heavenly world of light. In the classic literature of gnostic wisdom this exalted world is often called the pleroma or fullness of god, and the inhabitants of this world are called aeons or eternal realms. The first of the aeons is usually the divine mother. For Simon Magus she is Helena, or ennoia, the thought of God. In the Secret Book of John she is Barbelo, or pronoia, the first thought or forethought of God. Thunder, in the text by that name, has certain similarities as well.
Sometimes the transcendent father and the divine mother produce a child in spiritual love. Often the aeons are identified as spiritual attributes of the divine, are given names, and are joined together as couples, spiritual lovers in the fullness of the divine. In the Mandaean divine world the great life is surrounded by other lives and a host of Jordans, or heavenly waters; in the
Manichaean kingdom of light the father of greatness is surrounded by aeons and 144 aeons of aeons; and in the Mother of Books the exalted king is surrounded by seas, angels, lights, and colors.
In the Mandaean divine world the great life is surrounded by other lives and a host of Jordans, or heavenly waters; in the Manichaean kingdom of light the father of greatness is surrounded by 12 aeons and 144 aeons of aeons; and in the Mother of Books the exalted king is surrounded by seas, angels, lights, and colors.
Among the aeons and manifestations of the divine is often a figure who represents the divine in this world, fallen from the light above yet present as the light of God with us and in us. In many gnostic texts this is the figure called Sophia or wisdom, as mentioned above. In Valentinian traditions two forms
of wisdom are evident, a higher wisdom called Sophia and a lower wisdom called Achamoth. Wisdom is closely linked to Eve in the creation stories, and Eve is portrayed as the mother of the living and a revealer of knowledge. Wisdom may also be linked to the gnostic revealer, and wisdom may take part in the process of salvation. In the Gospel of John and other texts the divine logos,
or word, plays a similar role. Such is also the case with Ruha, the spirit, in Mandaean texts, and perhaps Salman, including great Salman and lesser Salman, in the Islamic Mother of Books.
As noted, the demiurge or creator of this world is commonly distinguished from the transcendent deity in gnostic texts. The demiurge is ignorant, tragic, megalomaniacal. In the Secret Book of John he is depicted as the ugly child of Sophia, snakelike in appearance, with the face of a lion and eyes flashing like
bolts of lightning. He is named Yaldabaoth, Sakla, Samael, and he is the chief archon and an arrogant, jealous god. In the Gospel of Truth error behaves like the demiurge, for it becomes strong and works in the world, but erroneously.
Similar, too, are the actions of nature in the Paraphrase of Shem, Ptahil in Mandaean literature, the five evil archons in Manichaean literature, Azazi'il in the Mother of Books, and Lucifer or Satan among the Cathars.
The gnostic revealer awakens people who are under the spell of the demiurge.
Within a Jewish context the gnostic revealer is Seth, the child of Adam and Eve, or Derdekeas, probably Aramaic for "male child," or the first thought or the afterthought or the wisdom of the divine. Within a Christian context the revealer is Jesus the anointed, within a Manichaean context Jesus of light, as well as others.''

-Gnostic Bible by Marvin Meyer

exchemist

Veteran Member
''The glory of the transcendent is made manifest in a heavenly world of light. In the classic literature of gnostic wisdom this exalted world is often called the pleroma or fullness of god, and the inhabitants of this world are called aeons or eternal realms. The first of the aeons is usually the divine mother. For Simon Magus she is Helena, or ennoia, the thought of God. In the Secret Book of John she is Barbelo, or pronoia, the first thought or forethought of God. Thunder, in the text by that name, has certain similarities as well.
Sometimes the transcendent father and the divine mother produce a child in spiritual love. Often the aeons are identified as spiritual attributes of the divine, are given names, and are joined together as couples, spiritual lovers in the fullness of the divine. In the Mandaean divine world the great life is surrounded by other lives and a host of Jordans, or heavenly waters; in the
Manichaean kingdom of light the father of greatness is surrounded by aeons and 144 aeons of aeons; and in the Mother of Books the exalted king is surrounded by seas, angels, lights, and colors.
In the Mandaean divine world the great life is surrounded by other lives and a host of Jordans, or heavenly waters; in the Manichaean kingdom of light the father of greatness is surrounded by 12 aeons and 144 aeons of aeons; and in the Mother of Books the exalted king is surrounded by seas, angels, lights, and colors.
Among the aeons and manifestations of the divine is often a figure who represents the divine in this world, fallen from the light above yet present as the light of God with us and in us. In many gnostic texts this is the figure called Sophia or wisdom, as mentioned above. In Valentinian traditions two forms
of wisdom are evident, a higher wisdom called Sophia and a lower wisdom called Achamoth. Wisdom is closely linked to Eve in the creation stories, and Eve is portrayed as the mother of the living and a revealer of knowledge. Wisdom may also be linked to the gnostic revealer, and wisdom may take part in the process of salvation. In the Gospel of John and other texts the divine logos,
or word, plays a similar role. Such is also the case with Ruha, the spirit, in Mandaean texts, and perhaps Salman, including great Salman and lesser Salman, in the Islamic Mother of Books.
As noted, the demiurge or creator of this world is commonly distinguished from the transcendent deity in gnostic texts. The demiurge is ignorant, tragic, megalomaniacal. In the Secret Book of John he is depicted as the ugly child of Sophia, snakelike in appearance, with the face of a lion and eyes flashing like
bolts of lightning. He is named Yaldabaoth, Sakla, Samael, and he is the chief archon and an arrogant, jealous god. In the Gospel of Truth error behaves like the demiurge, for it becomes strong and works in the world, but erroneously.
Similar, too, are the actions of nature in the Paraphrase of Shem, Ptahil in Mandaean literature, the five evil archons in Manichaean literature, Azazi'il in the Mother of Books, and Lucifer or Satan among the Cathars.
The gnostic revealer awakens people who are under the spell of the demiurge.
Within a Jewish context the gnostic revealer is Seth, the child of Adam and Eve, or Derdekeas, probably Aramaic for "male child," or the first thought or the afterthought or the wisdom of the divine. Within a Christian context the revealer is Jesus the anointed, within a Manichaean context Jesus of light, as well as others.''

-Gnostic Bible by Marvin Meyer

I've reported this post for preaching.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Nuh uh! The world is my domain! I called it first. Way back on July 16, 1976. "The world belongs to me, it's all mine." Then I stuck a stick in the ground but mom called me in for supper. So even the ruler of the world has to answer to some higher authority, I suppose. Supper was delicious that night.
You can have it. I wasn't all that attached to it anyway. :)

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm looking for a way off of it. I can't ride a motorcycle into space. I hate physics.
Probably for the best. You might find it hard to breathe out there. Physics is your friend...at least until you lose your balance...