• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the Bible says about Abortion

thedictator

A Dictator of a Coach
God gives life

Genesis 2:7
Genesis 25:21
Genesis 29:31
Genesis 30:1-2
Genesis 30:22-23
Job 33:4
Acts 17:24-25

God determines the length of life

Job 10:8-12
Job 14:5
Acts 17:26
Colossians 1:16-17

God commands us not to murder (including abortion)

Genesis 9:6
Exodus 20:13
Exodus 23:
Proverbs 28:17
Romans 13:9-10

God speaks of the unborn as children – expresses love for them, plans for them, and seeks a relationship with them

Genesis 16:11
Genesis 25:22-24
Job 31:15
Psalm 22:9-10
Psalm 58:3
Psalm 71:5-6
Psalm 139:13-16
Jeremiah 1:5
Hosea 12:2-3
Luke 1:15
Luke 1:41
Galatians 1:15-16a

Children are precious in God’s sight.

Psalm 127:3
Isaiah 40:11
Matthew 18:10,14
Mark 9:36-37
Mark 10:13-16

God punishes those who shed innocent blood.

Genesis 9:5
Deuteronomy 19:11-13
Deuteronomy 27:25a
Proverbs 6:16-19
Amos 1:13

Abortion is not the answer to problems.

Proverbs 14:12
Isaiah 5:20-23
Micah 6:7b-8
1 John 3:11-12

Rape and incest are not acceptable reasons for aborting.

Deuteronomy 24:16

Provision for the death of a baby in the womb.

Exodus 21:22-24

Our response should be.
Psalm 82:3-4
Proverbs 24:10-12
Proverbs 31:8-9
Ezekiel 3:16-19
Zechariah 7:9-10
Luke 6:36
John 15:16-17
James 1:27
James 2:15-17
Galatians 6:1,10
Ephesians 2:10
I John 3:17-19

P.S
1. PSALM 139:13-16----The Unborn Child is a person to God.

2. Proverbs 6:17----God hates the Abortionist. (The person who take innocent life)

3. Leviticus 18:21----We are not to sacrifice our children

4. Exodus 1:15-16----Government Abortions

5. Matthew 2:16----Herod the true Pro-Choicer. His choice.

Abortion is murder. God's people should have nothing to do with murder.

Jeremiah

Namely because He's immaterial, I suppose. Though I venture to say that, if we did believe He actually wrote it with His own physical hand, you wouldn't be any more inclined to believe it, so it's kinda a moot point. ;)

That is a interesting point.

If God appeared on earth to prove his existence would people still deny he exist?

Jeremiah

I value the wisdom of the Bible, but I believe God would still want us to question it even if he did write it.

thedictator

A Dictator of a Coach
How did you come up with that conclusion?

1 Corinthians 2:10-16

10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, 13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.
14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. 15 But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. 16 For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ.

:thud: :thud: :thud:

Jeremiah

1 Corinthians 2:10-16

10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, 13 which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.
14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised. 15 But he who is spiritual appraises all things, yet he himself is appraised by no one. 16 For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, THAT HE WILL INSTRUCT HIM? But we have the mind of Christ.

:thud: :thud: :thud:

How do you interpret this?

To me given the short time I have had to ponder it I would say; Seek a higher truth.

You do not have to know. All you need to know is do you have the Holy Spirit yourself.
You do not need to know about others. :shout

1 John 2:27: But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Does the Holy Spirit contradict Himself? One church proclaims that the Holy Spirit dwells in their church. And another church proclaims that the Holy Spirit dwells in their church. However, they teach mutually exclusive ideas. Does the Holy Spirit contradict Himself?

Ronald

You will know the ones with the Holy Spirit, they are the ones who reflect the image of God and do his will. I am sure you have seen the face of God several times in your lifetime, even if you are young.

Shalom