• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What motivates you?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Latley I've been trying to motivate myself to get things done, and I cant seem to make myself. I think its being overwhelmed, and I'd like to know how yall deal with this sort of thing cause maybe it could help me in some way.
School starts tomorrow, and I'm already getting stress knots in my back... any advise?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
i always put my threads in the wrong place...*sigh*

I was told MANY times over the Holidays to stop freaking out and calm down... I wish i knew how... i mean, hell, i just felt sore because i put this thread in the wrong place... and i think yall think im stupid... and gah! *needs a chill pill*

monger1

i think that self motivation is the most important...having the drive to do and accomplish things. it kind of seems pessimistic, but i pretty much feel that if you want to get anywhere in life, you need to be strong and rely on yourself. however, that said, i also am motivated by my family. i want to make them proud of me so i try to do things that will help them and that will make them happy.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
monger1 said:
i think that self motivation is the most important...having the drive to do and accomplish things. it kind of seems pessimistic, but i pretty much feel that if you want to get anywhere in life, you need to be strong and rely on yourself. however, that said, i also am motivated by my family. i want to make them proud of me so i try to do things that will help them and that will make them happy.
Hi monger.

As I notice that this is your first visit here, I thought I would take the opportunity to Welcome you to Religious Forums;

Perhaps you would like to introduce yourself to the other members, by posting on:- Are you new to ReligiousForums.com?

Please feel free to ask questions, if you have any. You might like to check out our article with links for our newer members; from there, there is also a link to the forum rules which you ought to see.

As far as this thread is concerned, you sound much like my wife, as in (you need to be strong and rely on yourself).............

My motivation ? It took me a long time to realize that the way to happiness is through doing what you need to do before that wich you wish to do.

The trouble is that the 'Need to do' heap seems to be never - ending.......:rolleyes:

I guess I just keep myself busy doing what I have to for the family (My fair share as a house husband), and then, of course, there is the forum!:D