• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U2 ~ In the Name of Love (Jesus Christ)

FFH

Veteran Member
The opening post song references JESUS CHRIST.

Pride (In the Name of Love) - Wiki
"The last line of the middle verse refers to Jesus, who was betrayed by Judas Iscariot."

People conveniently leave that part out.

Paul isn't perfect, as is evident, if you read that Wiki link, but can any of us throw stones ???

Jesus was, is, and ever will be, the only one who made it through this life without sinning.

2008 YMCA Europe Festival Prague

Pride - In the Name of (HIS) Love

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member

U2 ~ The Saints Are Coming

There is a house in New Orleans,
They call the rising sun
It's been the ruin of many a poor
boy, and God, I know I'm one.

I cried to my daddy on the telephone,
how long now?
Until the clouds unroll and you come down,
the line went.
But the shadows still remain since your descent,
your descent.

I cried to my daddy on the telephone, (Prayed to his Eternal Father)
how long now?
Until the clouds unroll and you come home, (How long until Christ returns)
the line went.
But the shadows still remain since your descent, (a reference to Christ's earthly ministry)
your descent.

The saints are coming, the saints are coming. (The saints will descend with Christ as he sets up his earthly kingdom, having been previously taken off the earth, prior to it's final destruction and renewal)
I say no matter how I try, I realise there's no reply. (no matter how much I pray and ask, there's no reply concerning the day or the hour of Christ's return)
The saints are coming, the saints are coming.
I say no matter how I try, I realise there's no reply.

A drowning sorrow floods the deepest grief,
how long now?
Until the weather change condemns belief, (a reference to earthly disasters prophesied because people will not believe in Jesus Christ and do what he has commanded us to do)
how long now?
When the night watchman lets in the thief (a reference to 1 Thessalonians 5)
what's wrong now?

The saints are coming, the saints are coming
The saints are coming, the saints are coming
I say no matter how I try, I realise there's no reply. I say no matter how I try, I realise there's no reply.

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I'll give you credit here, FFH. You've actually created a thread about U2 (that even praises them) that makes me facepalm.

And, BTW, the title of the song is "Pride (In the Name of Love)".

Reactions: FFH

FFH

Veteran Member
I'll give you credit here, FFH. You've actually created a thread about U2 (that even praises them) that makes me facepalm.
By starting this thread I've also learned stuff about U2 that I didn't know before. It's been an eye opener for me to.

And, BTW, the title of the song is "Pride (In the Name of Love)".
Okay thanks, I wasn't sure about the title, so officially it includes (In the Name of Love) then.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member

Bono: A Conversation About Christianity

Words and music did for me what solid, even rigorous religious argument could never do, they introduced me to God. As a result the book of Psalms always felt open to me and led me to the poetry of Ecclesiastes, the Song of Solomon, the book of Jona.

~Bono~

It took U2 fifteen years to get from Psalms to Ecclesiastes. And it's only one book!

~Bono~

We've found different ways of expressing it, and recognized the power of the media to manipulate such signs. Maybe we just have to sort of draw our fish in the sand. It's there for people who are interested.

~Bono~

Jesus declared that His parables were not to make the meaning easy but inaccessible to the idle curious who "having ears do not hear...

~Bono~

Belief and confusion are not mutually exclusive. I think belief gives you a direction in the confusion. But you don't see the full picture. That's one point. That's what faith is...

~Bono~

I'm holding out for Grace. I'm holding out that Jesus took my sins onto the Cross, because I know who I am, and I hope I don't have to depend on my own religiousity.

~Bono~

I love the idea of the Sacraficial Lamb. I love the ideas that God says, "Look you cretins, there are certain results to the way we are, to selfishness, and there's mortality as part of your sinful nature... There are consequences to actions..."

~Bono~

The point of the idea of Christ is that Christ took on the sins of the world, so that what we put out, did not come back to us, and that our sinful nature does not reap the obvious death.

It's not our own good works that get us through the gates of heaven. FFH note: "We are saved through grace after all we can do" Book of Mormon (also see 2 Ne. 10: 24)

~Bono~

My understanding of the Scriptures has been made simple by the person of Christ. Christ teaches that God is Love. What it means for me: a study of the life of Christ.

~Bono~

To me faith in Jesus Christ that is not aligned to social justice--that is not aligned with the poor--it's nothing.

~Bono~

Religion has torn this country apart. I have no time for it. And I never felt a part of it. I am a Christian...

~Bono~

It's lukewarm believers that drive me out of the church.

~Bono~

I'm gettin' ready to leave the ground. FFH note: a reference to the resurrection of the saints from off this earth prior to it's final destruction and renewal.

~U2 ~City of Blinding lights~

I think the whole idea of who we are is at stake. I think Judeo-Christian culture is at stake. If the church doesn't respond to this, the church will be made irrelevant.

~Bono~

Those who read Scripture and don't come away with God's preferential concern for the poor are "just blind".

2103 verses in Scripture are about the poor.

~Bono~

All have fallen short.

Let's stop throwing stones at people who have made mistakes in their life, and let's start throwing medicine and food at those who need it the most.

~Bono~

My prayer is that this country which has unparalleled economic, thechnological, millitary, and cultural power, will rethink it's humble origins, the purpose that made it great.

~Bono~

For me its the despair that the psalmist really reveals the nature of his special relationship with God. Honestly, even to the point of anger.

"How long Lord? Wilt thou hide thyself forever?" Answer me when I call!"

~Bono~

Lament is a momont of being overwhelmed within the life of faith.

This is our reality. Lament is the outcry of the overwhelmed.

~Bono~

Sometimes you can't make it on your own.

~Bono~

Can you hear me sing? You're the reason I sing, You're the reason why the opera is in me..."

~U2 ~ Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own~

I waited patiently for the Lord: he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire: he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.

~Bono~

Paul's singing in the first person, as, and for, Jesus Christ at the beginning of this song, and in other parts of the song.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - U2 (High Quality)

U2 Sometimes you can't make it on your own Live form Mlian

U2 - If God will send his Angels

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
We spend our lives pursuing people (earthly love) and other earthly (material) things.

Jesus is saying to us, "All I Want is You".

We need to say the same, "All I Want is You (Jesus)" and in return HE will give us the "desires of our heart".

No person or earthly thing can give us what we desire only the Lord can.

Paul is singing as if he were Jesus Christ speaking to us collectively in this video and for himself and ourselves collectively (He switches back and forth). We pursue after earthly things, not realizing that the Lord alone is able to give us what we ultimately desire.

He sings many of his songs in the first, second and third person (including the Lord) which a good song artist always does, giving a greater dimmension to the song.

U2 - All I (Jesus) Want(s) Is You (Us)

Matthew10
30 Think not, that I am come to send peace on earth; I came not to send peace, but a sword.
31 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
32 He who loveth father and mother more than me, is not worthy of me; and he who loveth son or daughter more than me, is not worthy of me.
33 And he who taketh not his cross (because of sin and love of the world) and followeth (not) after me, is not worthy of me.
34 He who seeketh to save his life shall lose it; and he who loseth his life for my sake shall find it

Ensign70000 (FFH)

U2 ~ All I Want is You (Jesus)

u2-2.jpg

David Howell Evens (The Edge) has crosses plastered all over his shirt.

There's actually two dimmensions to this song...

All I (Jesus) Want(s) is You (Us)
All I (Paul) Want is You (Jesus)

Paul Hewson is singing two roles at the same time. He's really an amazing song artist, a gift, a song inspired by the Lord, no doubt.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Now, with all that said, read this quote again, from David Evens (The Edge)

"Because of the situation in our country non-violent struggle was such an inspiring concept. Even so when Bono told me he wanted to write about King, at first I said, 'Woah, that's not what we're about.' Then he came in and sang the song and it felt right, it was great. When that happens there's no argument. It just was.'

Edge, speaking to Q Magazine, December 1998

U2.com > Pride

The opening post song is about Jesus Christ and all those who have given their lives for us, in the name of love and in the name of freedom, freedom to choose.

They're definitely religious/spiritual song artists, with political tendencies.

Very cleverly disguised Christian song artists.

Doctrine and Covenants 128: 23 (LDS scripture)
Let the mountains shout for joy, and all ye valleys cry aloud; and all ye seas and dry lands tell the wonders of your Eternal King! And ye rivers, and brooks, and rills, flow down with gladness. Let the woods and all the trees of the field praise the Lord; and ye solid rocks weep for joy! And let the sun, moon, and the morning stars sing together, and let all the sons of God shout for joy! And let the eternal creations declare his name forever and ever! And again I say, how glorious is the voice we hear from heaven, proclaiming in our ears, glory, and salvation, and honor, and immortality, and eternal life; kingdoms, principalities, and powers!

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
THE JOSHUA TREE

JOSHUA (YESHUA) is a reference to JESUS
TREE is a reference to the CROSS

THE JOSHUA (JESUS) TREE (CROSS)

INTERPRETATION (THE CROSS OF JESUS)

A VERY CLEVERLY DISGUISED CHEISTIAN BAND (audio sample link from The Joshua Tree)
the-joshua-tree1.jpg

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS AND FOLLOW HIM (JESUS)

Song from The Joshua Tree

U2 ~ In God's Country

From The Joshua Tree, "Bullet the Blue Skies" (A reference to those who fight against GOD, whom they cannot see, culminating in Armageddon)
Song cover by another cleverly disguised Christian band P,O.D. (acronym for Payable On Death)
Our sins are PAYABLE ON DEATH, unless we have repented in this life, wherein we take up our cross daily and follow him (Jesus).

POD - Bullet the Blue Sky (Cover from U2)

Another song from The Joshua Tree

U2 - One Tree Hill

In the hands of one (JESUS)
whose blood still cries
From the ground

I'll see you again (JESUS)
When the stars fall from the sky
And the moon has turned red (blood)
Over (at) One (the) Tree (cross) Hill (Golgotha) (a reference to the cross where Jesus died ~ Hill Golgotha)

Doctrine and Covenants 29: 14 (LDS scripture)
But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath;

Joel 2
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood (red), before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

Acts 2
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 6: 12
And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member

Bullet The Blue Sky( Live From Sydney Zoo TV)

In the howling wind comes a stinging rain
See it driving nails into souls on the tree of pain (reference to the cross)
From the firefly, a red orange glow (reference to the saints of God)
See the face of fear running scared (reference to satan) in the valley below (reference to hell)

Bullet the blue sky (reference to those who hate and fight against God whom they cannot see)
Bullet the blue sky
Bullet the blue
Bullet the blue

In the locust wind comes a rattle and hum (God's voice is like a mighty rushing wind to those who do not know him)
Jacob wrestled the angel and the angel was overcome
Plant a demon seed, you raise a flower of fire (if you sow filthiness you will reap filthiness, if you sow sin you will reap death and the fires of hell)
See them burning crosses, see the flames, higher and higher

Bullet the blue sky
Bullet the blue sky
Bullet the blue
Bullet the blue

This guy comes up to me
His face red like a rose on a thorn bush
Like all the colors of a royal flush
And he's peeling off those dollar bills
Slapping them down
One hundred, two hundred
And I can see those fighter planes
And I can see those fighter planes
Across the mud huts where the children sleep
Through the alleys of a quiet city street
Take the staircase to the first floor
Turn the key and slowly unlock the door
As a man breathes into a saxophone
Through the walls we hear the city groan
Outside its America (reference to corruption/evil within the U.S.)
Outside its America

Across the field you see the sky ripped open
See the rain come through the gaping wound
Pounding on the women and children who run into the arms of America (a place of refuge from evils of the world)

2001 (Boston)

U2 : Bullet The Blue Sky - Live Boston [Widescreen]

2001 (Ireland)

U2 Bullet The Blue Sky live from Slane Castle, Ireland 2001

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
U2 will be putting on a LIVE concert on Youtube, Sunday night (October 25, 2009) at 8:30 (Pacific Time) from the Rose Bowl stadium, in Los Angeles, California

Click on link...

It's the FIRST ever GLOBAL LIVE webcast on U2ube.

U2 on..
U2ube

;)

Last edited:

richardlowellt

No, Paul Hewson is a genuine Christian. I did some more research on him and found out he's Catholic.
So as a Catholic he's against birth control too bad for all those poverty stricken countries who will continue to bring children into a world of misery. And is most likely opposed to stem cell research, and abortion.

I
get chills when I hear this song.
So do i but for much different reasons.

Even with all the bad that's in this country, which Paul Hewson points out in this song, it still remains God's country
No it's not "gods" country, its a country populated by people with many diverse beliefs, and by some with no beliefs at all, it's insulting of you to assume everyone believes in the same myth as you.

FFH

Veteran Member
U2 ~ Gloria (Wiki)

0125014y5.jpg

U2 ~ Gloria (lyrics)

Gloria...
I try to sing this song
I, I try to stand up
But I can't find my feet
I try, I try to speak up
But only in you (JESUS) I'm complete (reference to Colossians 2: 9-10)
Gloria...in te domine (...IN THEE LORD)
Gloria...exultate (...I EXALT THEE)
Gloria...Gloria
Oh Lord, loosen my lips

I try to sing this song
I, I try to get in
But I can't find the door
The door is open (reference to James 5: 7-9)
You're standing there (reference to James 5: 7-9)
You let me in (reference to James 5: 7-9)

Gloria...in te domine (...IN THEE LORD)
Gloria...exultate (...I EXALT THEE)
Oh Lord, if I had anything
Anything at all
I'd give it to you (LORD)
I'd give it to you (LORD)

They EVEN had a MUSIC video produced for this song.

VIDEO

U2 : Gloria - Widescreen (1981)

AUDIO

U2 ~ Gloria

Colossians 2
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

James 5
7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the HUSBANDMAN waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth (BRIDE), and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
8 Be ye also patient; establish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
This song is about JESUS CHRIST, it's NOT about a woman, as MOST would suppose.

He sings as JESUS CHRIST and as HIMSELF, the conversation goes back and forth.

Great musicians/poets/song writers sing two or more roles.

U2 - With Or Without You

AUDIO

U2 ~ With or Without You

See the stone set in your eyes
See the thorn twist in your side (reference to the "thorn in the side" Paul talks about in scripture)
I (JESUS) wait for you

Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she (death) makes me wait (reference to Jesus Christ suffering on the cross prior to his death)
And I (JESUS) wait without you

With or without you
With or without you

Through the storm we reach the shore
You give it all but I (JESUS) want more
And Im waiting for you

With or without you
With or without you
I can't live
With or without you (reference to the time just PRIOR to the death of JESUS on the cross)

And you give yourself away (reference to the atonement [death on the cross] of JESUS CHRIST)
And you give yourself away
And you give
And you give

My hands are tied (Christ's hands were TIED and then NAILED to the cross)
My body bruised, (Christ was BRUISED for our INIQUITY as ISAIAH states in scripture)
she's (sin's) got me with
Nothing to win and
Nothing left to lose

And you give yourself away (reference to the atonement [death on the cross] of JESUS CHRIST)
And you give
And you give

With or without you
With or without you
I cant live
With or without you

With or without you
With or without you
I cant live
With or without you
With or without you

U2 will be putting on a LIVE concert on Youtube TONIGHT (October 25, 2009) at 8:30 (Pacific Time), from the Rose Bowl stadium, in Los Angeles, California

Here's the broadcast link...

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Some of the U2 song selections for their LIVE GLOBAL YOUTUBE concert tonight (October 25. 2009).

U2 - Magnificent

U2 ~ Magnificent (lyrics)

I was born
I was born to be with you (JESUS)
In this space and time
After that and ever after I haven't had a clue
Only to break rhyme
This foolishness can leave a heart black and blue

Only love, only love can leave such a mark

But only love, only love can heal such a scar
(reference to JESUS)

I was born
I was born to sing for you (JESUS)
I didn't have a choice but to lift you up (JESUS)
and sing whatever song you (JESUS) wanted me to
I give you (JESUS) back my voice
From the womb my first cry, it was a joyful noise ...(Psalms 95: 1-2)

But only love, only love can heal such a scar
(referring to JESUS)

Justified (JUSTIFICATION THROUGH THE ATONEMENT) till we die, you and I will magnify
The Magnificent (referring to JESUS)
Magnificent

But only love, only love unites our hearts

Justified (JUSTIFICATION THROUGH THE ATONEMENT) till we die, you and I will magnify
The Magnificent (referring to JESUS)
Magnificent

Magnificent

Psalms 95
1 O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

U2 ~ Mysterious Ways (song about God's Spirit)

Johnny take a walk with your sister the moon
Let her pale light in to fill up your room
You've been living underground
Eating from a can
You've been running away
From what you don't understand:
Love

She's slippy
Your're sliding down
She'll be there when you hit the ground

It's alright, it's alright, alright
She (GOD'S SPIRIT) moves in mysterious ways
She (GOD'S SPIRIT) moves in mysterious ways
Ah...ah...ah...

Johnny take a dive with your sister in the rain
Let her talk about the things you can't explain
To touch is to heal
To hurt is to steal
If you wanna kiss the sky (MAKE IT TO HEAVEN)
Better learn how to kneel (PRAYER)
On your knees boy! (PRAYER)

She's (GOD'S SPIRIT'S) the wave
She (GOD'S SPIRIT) turns the tide
She (GOD'S SPIRIT) sees a man inside the child

She moves in mysterious ways
Lift my days, light up my nights

One day you will look back
And you'll see
Where you were held
How? By this love (GOD'S LOVE)
While you could stand there
You could move on this moment
Follow this feeling

We move through miracle days
(GOD'S) Spirit moves in mysterious ways
She moves with it
She moves with it
Lift my days, light up my nights

U2 - Beautiful Day

U2 ~ Beautiful Day

The heart is a bloom
Shoots up through the stony ground
There's no room
No space to rent in this town

You're out of luck
And the reason that you had to care
The traffic is stuck
And you're not moving anywhere

You thought you'd found a friend
To take you out of this place
Someone you could lend a hand
In return for grace

It's a beautiful day
Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away

You're on the road
But you've got no destination
You're in the mud
In the maze of her imagination

You love this town
Even if that doesn't ring true
You've been all over
And it's been all over you

It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
It's a beautiful day

Touch me (LORD)
Take me to that other place (HEAVEN)
Teach me (LORD)
I know I'm not a hopeless case

See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
And see the bird with a leaf in her mouth (reference to the OLIVE TREE BRANCH/LEAF that NOAH'S DOVE found after it ventured out from the ARK after the FLOOD)
After the flood all the colors came out (reference to NOAH'S FLOOD and the RAINBOW)

It was a beautiful day (AFTER THE FLOOD)
Don't let it get away
Beautiful day

Touch me (LORD)
Take me to that other place (HEAVEN)
Teach me (LORD)
I know I'm not a hopeless case

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
What you don't have you don't need it now
Don't need it now
It was a beautiful day (AFTER THE FLOOD)

U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name

U2 ~ Where the Streets Have No Name

I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame (FIRE OF GOD)
Where the streets have no name (IN HEAVEN)

I want to feel, sunlight on my face (LIGHT OF GOD)
See that dust cloud disappear without a trace (reference to the FIRST RESURRECTION/RAPTURE/SECOND COMING)
I want to take shelter from the poison rain (FROM THIS WORLD OF SIN)

We're still building
Then burning down love, burning down love
And when I go there (HEAVEN)
I go there with you...
(its all I can do)

The cities a flood
And our love turns to rust
We're beaten and blown by the wind
Trampled into dust
Ill show you a place
High on ta desert plain
Where the streets have no name

We're still building
Then burning down love, burning down love
And when I go there (HEAVEN)
I go there with you...
(its all I can do)

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
U2 ~ City of Blinding Lights

The more you see the less you know
The less you find out as you go
I knew much more then than I do now

Neon heart dayglo eyes
A city lit by fireflies (reference to those who are on fire for the LORD)
They're advertising in the skies
For people like us

And I miss you when you're not around
I'm getting ready to leave the ground (reference to the first resurrection/reapture/second coming of Jesus Christ)

Oh you look so beautiful tonight
In the city of blinding lights

Don't look before you laugh
Look ugly in a photograph
Flash bulbs purple irises
The camera can't see

I've seen you walk unafraid
I've seen you in the clothes you made
Can you see the beauty inside of me?
What happened to the beauty I had inside of me?

And I miss you when you're not around
I'm getting ready to leave the ground (reference to the first resurrection/reapture/second coming of Jesus Christ)

Time... time
Won't leave me as I am
But time won't take the boy out of this man

The more you know the less you feel
Some pray for others steal
Blessings are not just for the ones who kneel... luckily

FFH

Veteran Member
Here are my attempts to try and translate these songs into what they were trying to say.

Audio link

U2 ~ With or Without You (see more info" for the CHRISTIAN translation of this song)

Video link

U2 ~ With or Without You (VIDEO) see more info" for the CHRISTIAN translation of this song

U2 ~ With or Without You (LYRICS)

See the thorn twist in your side (reference to the "thorn in the side" Paul talks about in scripture)
I (JESUS) wait for you

On a bed of nails she (death) makes me wait (reference to Jesus Christ suffering on the cross prior to his death)
And I (JESUS) wait without you

With or without you
With or without you

And Im waiting for you

With or without you
With or without you
I can't live
With or without you (reference to the time just PRIOR to the death of JESUS on the cross)

And you give
And you give

My hands are tied (Christ's hands were TIED and then NAILED to the cross)
My body bruised, (Christ was BRUISED for our INIQUITY as ISAIAH states in scripture)
she's (death's) got me with
Nothing to win and
Nothing left to lose

And you give
And you give

With or without you
With or without you
I cant live
With or without you

With or without you
With or without you
I cant live
With or without you
With or without you

U2 ~ I Will Follow (you Jesus) 1980 (see "more info" for Christian lyric translation)

U2 ~ I Will Follow (MUSIC VIDEO) link

U2 ~ I Will Follow (LIVE) link

U2 ~ I Will Follow (LYRICS)

I will Follow...(you Jesus)

I was on the outside when you (Jesus) said
You said you needed me
I was looking at myself
I was blind, I could not see (I was blind, but now I see)

A boy tries hard to be a man
His mother takes him by his hand
If he stops to think he starts to cry
Oh why

If you walkaway, walkaway
I walkaway, walkaway...I will follow

I was on the inside
When they pulled the four walls down
I was looking through the window
I was lost, I am found (I was lost, but now I'm found)

Walkaway, walkaway
If you walkaway, walkaway,
I will follow

Your eyes make a circle (I see eternity in Jesus' eyes)
I see you when I go in there (When I'm in his presence)
Your eyes, your eyes...

I walkaway, walkaway..I will follow (you Jesus)

I walkaway, walkaway...I will follow (you Jesus)

I will follow
I will follow...

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member

U2 ~ 40 (Psalm 40) 1983 song based on first 3 verses of Psalm 40 (see "more info" for lyrics)

U2 ~ 40 (LIVE) link (VERY COOL)

U2 ~ 40 (Psalm 40) LYRICS

I waited patiently for the Lord
He inclined and heard my cry
He brought me up out of the pit
Out of the miry clay

I will sing, sing a new song

How long to sing this song?
How long...how long...how long...
How long...to sing this song

He set my feet upon a rock
And made my footsteps firm
Many will see
Many will see and fear

How long...how long...how long...

Psalm 40

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

4 Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.

10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.

11 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.

12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.

13 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.

15 Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.

16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.

17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
I just modified these Christian lyric translations...

U2 ~ With or Without You (see more info" for the CHRISTIAN translation of this song)

From the Joshua Tree CD

Joshua Tree
(A REFERENCE TO JESUS CHRIST ON THE CROSS)

U2 ~ With or Without You (lyrics)
Christian translation

See the thorn twist in your side
(a reference to the "thorn in the side" Paul speaks of in scripture)
I (JESUS) wait for you

(a reference to Judas' betrayal of Jesus)
On a bed of nails she (death) makes me wait
(a reference to Jesus Christ suffering on the cross)
And I (JESUS) wait without you (IN HEAVEN)

With or without you
(I JESUS WAIT WITH OR WITHOUT YOU)
With or without you

And I'm waiting for you (IN HEAVEN)

With or without you
With or without you
I (JESUS) can't live
With or without you
(SO I JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS FOR YOU)

And you (JESUS) give yourself away (ON THE CROSS)
(A REFERENCE TO THE ATONEMENT OF JESUS CHRIST)
And you give
And you give

My hands are tied
(Christ's hands were TIED and then NAILED to the cross)
My body bruised,
(Christ was BRUISED for our INIQUITY)

She's (death's) got me with
Nothing to win and
Nothing left to lose

And you (JESUS) give yourself away (ON THE CROSS)
(A REFERENCE TO THE ATONEMENT OF JESUS CHRIST)
And you give
And you give

With or without you
With or without you
I (JESUS) can't live
With or without you
(SO I JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS FOR YOU)

With or without you
With or without you
I (JESUS) can't live