• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Right to Offend

Sahar

Lately, though, I have noticed something remarkable about the evolution of rights. A unique right — one of its kind — is slowly getting acceptance from the society here in Canada and around the western world. I have never heard of this right before, and I do not think anyone else in the entire world has heard about it either. It is the right to offend; the right and the privilege to hurt somebody's feelings, to demean, to dehumanize, to ridicule, and to insult Islam and Muslims in the name of freedom of expression. The media is giving a push and blessings to this new movement in the name and under the disguise of free speech. The recent historical events including the 9/11 tragedy, other terrorist incidents around the world, and the so-called the global war on terror have given the advocates of this movement a platform to put forward their claims.
Anyone who dares to speak against them is accused of infringing the rights of the offenders — the right to offend and insult Muslims. To explain further about this groundbreaking and evolving right that is getting wider acceptance in the society, one need to analyze — with open mind — the recent discussion about MacLean's Magazine article and the complaints of Muslims that followed afterward...
The Right to Offend

Fluffy

A fool
*** MOD POST ***
This thread is in the Muslim DIR. However, all of the posts in this thread other than the OP broke DIR rules. I have moved all of these posts to a debate thread that can be found here. Please use that thread for debate and not this one. Thanks!